Potentially the longest thread in history...

I don't see it as the employee's prerogative to cover for the business' failures because #1 as soon as you're gone the issue will still remain, and #2 by going over what you should be doing, you're enabling the employer to not fix their ****ty practices. Hell, they might not even know that it needs fixing because of that. Do well in your job, but if the workflow they have in place isn't good enough then they should fix that, it shouldn't become your personal burden to shoulder IMO

Weighed myself up today after ~2 weeks of sticking to hitting ~3100 calories a day, looks like that's my maintenance level as I was 74kg before and 74kg now. Upping it to 3800 for the next 2 weeks then weighing again :p

I don't see it as the employee's prerogative to cover for the business' failures because #1 as soon as you're gone the issue will still remain, and #2 by going over what you should be doing, you're enabling the employer to not fix their ****ty practices. Hell, they might not even know that it needs fixing because of that. Do well in your job, but if the workflow they have in place isn't good enough then they should fix that, it shouldn't become your personal burden to shoulder IMO

Weighed myself up today after ~2 weeks of sticking to hitting ~3100 calories a day, looks like that's my maintenance level as I was 74kg before and 74kg now. Upping it to 3800 for the next 2 weeks then weighing again :p
So much for 2500 :lol: sorry I had to.

Bad business practices or work flow in general will be terrible everywhere except places where key management used to be a common worker. When I came into my current position it was a total **** show until they brought in a guy who really understood what we do. Then things started getting fixed. Now that he's gone I hope the work he started doesn't get undone.

The only time 2500 came up was in saying that it was the level the average man would need to eat to maintain their (healthy) weight. I really don't get the difficulty you're having understanding that lol. I have a higher metabolic rate than average and exercise a hell of a lot more than average, ergo I need more than the average man would.

The only time 2500 came up was in saying that it was the level the average man would need to eat to maintain their (healthy) weight. I really don't get the difficulty you're having understanding that lol. I have a higher metabolic rate than average and exercise a hell of a lot more than average, ergo I need more than the average man would.
I really don't get the difficulty you're having understanding the joke.

The joke is that you guys were arguing that 2500 is average and most people fall within a reasonable range of that. And now SOUL himself has come out saying he need 3800 to put on weight.

amiright

I get paid enough to care, at least in my eyes, but any time I do work I get paid anyways. We got pretty sizeable bonuses, easily acquired PTO, plenty of Gov time off etc. For instance most of December I'll be off work. We will have to come in mandatory for datacenter maintenance but that's double time for those that do get called in. I have no issues with $84 an hour.

Getting paid more would convince me to work harder during the hours I am there, but nothing more. I wouldn't start "caring" about the company or anything. Because no matter how much I was paid I still know they are only doing that because it benefits the company more than the money they are spending to pay me, and as soon as that condition was no longer true they'd make me redundant and chuck me out the door without a care in the world. Paid more doesn't mean they care more about you, IMO.

Still i'd love $84 an hour. I get $19 an hour :( Overtime i'd get $30/hr but there is none available... :( The only time I ever get anywhere close to $84 is when I get 3x rate for working Boxing day or something :p

In other news, I *could* save for a house, or I could get one of these. Look at it! it's surely better than a house right.

mv-dragster-800-rc12.jpg

Last edited:
Well in my eyes I get paid enough to care about what I'm doing, and paid enough to not care about what the company is doing long as I'm left alone. If that makes sense. We're so big it doesn't matter what an individual is doing but our team is important enough that if we **** up it goes straight to the top and we get hammered. I'm only gonna get paid 84/h if I get called to work during our Christmas break for datacenter maintenance, which I know I will plus my Christmas bonus. In 3 days I'm going to get 3/4 what I get monthly lol. That's enough incentive for me to be like ok I think the Security+ is stupid but I need to just do it. **** it.

Changing topic, what is it with people saying they're gonna do something and not doing it. It's not ****ing hard. Just don't commit to something until you're sure.

Just the small stuff. Dad said at 6pm he'd order chinese take out, and not 6:30 because he's too hungry to wait that long. I agreed. Well it's now 6:40 and the chinese is still not ordered.

:annoyed:

Back
Top Bottom