Potentially the longest thread in history... - Page 5460 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #54591 (permalink)
krazy Techie

Default Re: Potentially the longest thread in history...

"can you please restart your computer"

Did you want me to log off?

"no, can you please restart your computer"
did you want me to shut down or restart?

One of those days...

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung Note 8
2TB White PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 02:41 PM   #54592 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanmx View Post
Eurgh, one of my colleagues winds me up, I know him better than he knows himself. Basically he annoys me because he says one thing with complete confidence and then doesn't do it. From unimportant trivial **** to important work stuff. Either way annoying.

e.g.

Him: "Hey should we get a burger at lunch, I really want a burger, yeah lets definitely do that!". So he goes to lunch, comes back, no burger, no mention of it, pretends we never had the conversation.

Him: "Yeah we definitely need to email HR about that. No way i'm letting this go" < him promising to email HR on behalf of us both about a complaint. I check the email logs. Did he send anything ? nahhhhhh ofcourse not.

And then if you try and challenge him on these things he goes from 0 to 100% defensive in a picosecond. "WHATT!!!! NO I NEVER SAID THAT!!! WHATEVER !!"

I like him, he's a cool guy, but he does that several times a month and it's annoying. I even call him out on it before it happens now. As soon as he says something with confidence that I know full well he will never follow through on, i'm just like "yeah that will never happen, will it..." and he starts getting all pissy again. Ofcourse i'm right, it doesn't happen. I don't get it, don't say something unless you are going to do it... but then he is one of them over confident people. If there is ever anything wrong with IT systems, he always immediately starts blaming me, never thinks he's in the wrong about anything etc.

tl;dr colleague over promises and under delivers.
I like to **** with people like that so bad. I'll just be like "yea man enjoy your salad" acting completely oblivious that they said burger. It gets them thinking real hard after you do it a few times. In my old position my boss was like this.

Me - So are we going to get those cards ordered or do I just sit on my *** longer waiting for something to happen?

Boss - Yea totally man, I'm going to email procurement as soon as I'm back at my desk

Me - Ok sweet I'm really going to enjoy the nothingness from today

Boss - Wait what?

Me - *Goes to the bathroom*

He actually asked me what I meant one time and I told him straight up, you never do anything you say you're gonna do so I reply with bull**** back because I already know the answer. All he said was fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyq View Post

Did you want me to log off?

"no, can you please restart your computer"
did you want me to shut down or restart?

One of those days...
Before I left the breakfix team at Lockheed I literally told somebody "Reboot your ****ing computer" because I was tired with how stupid they were. Didn't get fired or in trouble, and they didn't ask anymore stupid questions.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 04:54 PM   #54593 (permalink)
Build Guru

Welp, changed my oil last night and test drove it. 100% fine. Waiting in the line to get the kids, oil filter decided to spray 6 quarts of brand new oil all over the school parking lot. In less than 5 minutes, rod knock.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:24 AM   #54594 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Now that, sucks! I would ask if it was a FRAM, but you strike me as someone that avoids their junkier filters?
c0rr0sive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:01 AM   #54595 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rr0sive View Post
Now that, sucks! I would ask if it was a FRAM, but you strike me as someone that avoids their junkier filters?
Nope, was a K&N with a bad seal. Now I have a lifter that's making noise on me (wasn't rod knock like I suspected). Still bad, but not as bad. Typically I put Motorcraft on my Mustangs just because they've worked but at the time that was all that was in stock. Lucky for me, I have a set of 4v B heads coming next month that should alleviate this issue. In the meantime I'll be putting a 1/2 quart of Trans fluid in my oil to help the lifter along annnnnd change again. FML man. I have so much oil that spilled all over my damn new garage floor it's unreal. Luckily I have a pressure washer. I have heavily considered scrapping my Tesla purchase in favor of getting a second vehicle now then selling it when I know I'll be able to get that Tesla 3 same day or close. Might get a truck.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:29 AM   #54596 (permalink)
krazy Techie

Asked people from my work if they wanted to go to Five Guys for lunch and someone sent me this

Man I couldn't stop watching it over and over and looking at their reactions!
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Sandisk Ultra II 960GB + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 2TB + 1TB WD Black
Samsung Note 8
2TB White PS4 Pro, PS3, Switch & New 3DS XL
65" LG OLED C7P
BenQ 27" XL2720Z
krazyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:06 PM   #54597 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

Pissed isn't the word. Just had my cousin turn ip stinking drunk. No sleep for two days and mortal. ****ers in bed sleeping now so it looks like I'm baby sitting for the rest of the night.
Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 06:23 AM   #54598 (permalink)
Lady Techie

My boss really annoys me sometimes, he just doesn't understand the time things take. One time, he asked me to give a 1-hour presentation on a component of cell site forensics. When I asked for a day of time to prepare it, he couldn't understand why it would take more than an hour to make.

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Yami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #54599 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
My boss really annoys me sometimes, he just doesn't understand the time things take. One time, he asked me to give a 1-hour presentation on a component of cell site forensics. When I asked for a day of time to prepare it, he couldn't understand why it would take more than an hour to make.
^ All bosses ever

Well it depends if they're a management style boss who have no idea about the skills or work of the people they're managing, or if they've become an IT manager or whatever because they've worked in IT for 10 years. My manager is the latter but he is still clueless sometimes. The main thing he is guilty of is he never takes into account fudge factor. He will say "Setup 10 tablets tomorrow please, should only take a few hours". Wellllllllll, yes, in a perfect world maybe that would take 2 hours. But it won't, because some of the tablets will be faulty, some won't be charged, some of the accounts won't authenticate because MDM sucks, one of them won't be on the inventory, and atleast two will need re-doing because HR will email us correcting the names of the new employees. So in reality it will take atleast 2x as long as you think it will Mr Boss.

In other news, things like this make me utterly convinced corruption is rife through all levels of national and international government and non-gov bodies. Everything from UK Gov, to FIFA, to WHO and IMF. There is no way a **** like this guy gets chosen without paying his way to that position. Robert Mugabe's WHO appointment condemned as 'an insult' - BBC News

Honestly the sooner AI can do a better job than humans and we can kick all these ****ers out of positions of power the better.

AMD Ryzen 1300X
16GB DDR4
Nvidia GTX1060
WD Blue 250GB SSD
Asus AMD PRIME B350M-A Mobo
Corsair 450w PSU
Fractal Design Core 1100 mATX Case

I can't wait for the day where my house robot with artificial general intelligence can be spoken too like a pathetic slave. "GO MAKE ME A DAMN MEAL, YOU POS!".
kmanmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:06 PM   #54600 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

You see that post above on the 17 of this month. That was made 4 days ago and this post is still on the same page.

Its dead as can be around hear. Like seriously this place needs investment.

Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote