Potentially the longest thread in history...

Alienware do produce some of the best systems going. Its a know fact. Anyone who disputes this needs a slap. How can you argue with style, class and performance and reliability rolled in too one package.

The way their systems look and feel is better than any custom rubbish you can build your self and when you have certified machines with manufactures warranty by custom in style experts in their field.

Why is this even a topic of interest and conversation. Do you people just not get it. Can you not appreciate what's sitting in front of you.

Put it this way. When you have some pretty decent damn engineers working for such a product than to pay say 200 too 300 bucks more is a small detail compared too the likes of after market crap you get by the like of asus and pailit or even the likes of asrock.

Wake up people.

Last edited:
So I finally got given my appointment to the gender clinic; 12th December this year. It total, since being referred in Nov 2015, it will have been a 25-month wait! If I hadn't already taken matters into my hands I'd've probably topped myself by now, so thanks for that NHS.

Last edited:
So I finally got given my appointment to the gender clinic; 12th December this year. It total, since being referred in Nov 2015, it will have been a 25-month wait! If I hadn't taken matters into my hands I'd've probably topped myself by now, so thanks for that NHS.

The NHS. *Sigh*

I get my Meds for nowt because I'm on a Government income but yeah their services have a lot to be desired. I've been put on heavy duty meds like prozac in the past with no follow up plan. Given appointments and no one has been their on the clinics side. Went approx 9 too 12 months with out going to an appointment and was told or asked when I did show up after a major episode of depression that lasted about 8 months solid in 2013. You being discharged.

The crap the NHS spew is unreal. Its all about numbers. Figures and keeping costs down. In 2017 their is very little patient care available due too cut backs. Political propaganda and all the rest of it.

The bad news is the NHS does indeed suck.

The other bad news is we as a country still spend way more than we make, so it needs to suck more, along with every other government service.

Alienware was bought out by Dell years ago. That should kill any argument from her side, period.
She wanted to take the "they're a subsidiary" route. Guess she doesn't understand their jacked up price business model to stay relevant.

As a side note it's odd that Dell make best in class monitors.

Tbf we use the Dell OptiPlex 9020's at work. They're fine. Small, very quiet, pretty reliable.
We use HPs and honestly some of the boxes we have are pretty nice. The Z440 comes with a Xeon with higher stock clocks and if put in an X99 board is unlocked. The Prodesk model we use has a 512GB SSD and an i5 6500 with 16GB DDR4. 90% of people up there can't honestly complain about that setup that's better than most gaming rigs (minus GPU) lol.

I like the alienware style... but that's about it

I guess some people believe in that style so blindly they're willing to pay through the nose for it.
Their recent case is a flat turd. The only decent thing they produce now is their Alpha but since Corsair has the One and Bulldog it's pretty irrelevant now.

We mainly use NEC monitors at work, never heard of this brand until I got here
They used to be my go to since CRT days until I purchased my first Samsung monitor. They still make some good stuff.

Alienware do produce some of the best systems going. Its a know fact. Anyone who disputes this needs a slap. How can you argue with style, class and performance and reliability rolled in too one package.

The way their systems look and feel is better than any custom rubbish you can build your self and when you have certified machines with manufactures warranty by custom in style experts in their field.

Why is this even a topic of interest and conversation. Do you people just not get it. Can you not appreciate what's sitting in front of you.

Put it this way. When you have some pretty decent damn engineers working for such a product than to pay say 200 too 300 bucks more is a small detail compared too the likes of after market crap you get by the like of asus and pailit or even the likes of asrock.

Wake up people.
Not sure if sarcasm? I'm hoping it's sarcasm. Alienware have been sucking cash out of gullible folks for years, even before the Dell buyout. I mean they are selling 1080ti's for 200 bucks over regular price, offer the ****tiest OEM board in the business, and offer an AIO solution that is way too subpar for 90% of the chips they offer in their rigs. The 7980XE can suck up 400W worth of juice, do you think a tiny *** Asetek AIO will handle that? (Just look up Corsair H55 for an example). Their new triangular designed case has been proven to be an airflow nightmare not to mention is one of the ugliest cases they've ever produced. IMO Alienware hasn't made cool stuff since their first Aurora case designs.

There are only 2 prebuilt companies I can remotely respect these days, and that's Maingear and Origin. Only because their offerings actually make a lick of sense, not to mention they don't take the cautious approach to proper cooling.

Oh and what's the deal with them taking PR pictures with OEM GTX 260s?

By style I don't specifically mean cases. I dont think I've even seen an Alienware product since 2008.... I believe we're not alone in the universe so the logo itself is compelling lol

AW-CO6-ed35d804-e94d-4e65-8d6d-2ddb29c1262c-245115558.jpg

Yeah its sarcasm. 100% . I have never had an alienware system in my life. Don't want one.
I figured as much, but you never know sometimes.

By style I don't specifically mean cases. I dont think I've even seen an Alienware product since 2008.... I believe we're not alone in the universe so the logo itself is compelling lol

AW-CO6-ed35d804-e94d-4e65-8d6d-2ddb29c1262c-245115558.jpg
No I'm with you. I argued and argued with my best friend in 2007 not to get a laptop, but when he opened the box and the Alien head was RGB I was like hmmmm. I've always been a fan of their older cases too.

1673-overviewfrntrr-1.jpg

Last gen Aurora stuff was nifty.

711OyRBvllL._SL1500_.jpg

Took my bike out onto the public roads for the first time today. Once by myself, and again later today with a friend & his bike. Fun stuff - still have a lot of practicing to do in certain situations tho.

Back
Top Bottom