Potentially the longest thread in history...

Bought a road bike today for $300, yuuuuge upgrade over my old bike in terms of speed and ease of use.
The downside is I'm pretty sure it's a bit small for me, plus the seats on those things...my gooch hasn't hurt this much in ages xD they are *not* comfortable.
I'm not gonna be donning the baboon style lycra suits that the road bike users wear, so switching the seat back to my comfy old one will be highest priority #savethegooch

However **** news from work, they are moving their head office 15 miles further north east of where I live. Extra insurance and fuel cost is going to cost me about $250 a month extra. I'm seriously pissed off about it to say the least.

Extra insurance how? Something about rental car and the distance you drive it from home?

Also just hit a snag trying to work out how much fuel would cost you, what unit do you buy your fuel in? Litres or Gallons? Google's suggesting litres, but then you measure your car efficiency with miles per gallon? :S

Bought a road bike today for $300, yuuuuge upgrade over my old bike in terms of speed and ease of use.
The downside is I'm pretty sure it's a bit small for me, plus the seats on those things...my gooch hasn't hurt this much in ages xD they are *not* comfortable.
I'm not gonna be donning the baboon style lycra suits that the road bike users wear, so switching the seat back to my comfy old one will be highest priority #savethegooch

Extra insurance how? Something about rental car and the distance you drive it from home?

Also just hit a snag trying to work out how much fuel would cost you, what unit do you buy your fuel in? Litres or Gallons? Google's suggesting litres, but then you measure your car efficiency with miles per gallon? :S

Insurance increases depending on your mileage. I'd be doing an extra 7500 miles per year.

Yes we buy fuel in liters. My car gets about 25Mpg. It's £1.30/liter for premium unleaded in my area.

The car is on PCP, and it will push me about 7000 miles over my mileage. Can't remember exactly but it's about 15p per mile over your agreed allowance.

Well work news just gets better and better. We have a new managing director on the board, the ex -Senior Vice President of Retail from Apple, John Browett. Was also an MD at Easy Jet, CEO at Dunelm, CEO At Dixons.

Sigh.

Tis most odd.

We measure liquids in liters and milliliters. Distance in miles/meters/centimers, speed in mph. Weight in stone and pounds when measuring your own weight, but kilo's and grams when it comes to food and items. Temperature in celcius.

It's all over the place :p

Tis most odd.

We measure liquids in liters and milliliters. Distance in miles/meters/centimers, speed in mph. Weight in stone and pounds when measuring your own weight, but kilo's and grams when it comes to food and items. Temperature in celcius.

It's all over the place :p

I measure my weight in kilos, but otherwise it's all the same. Temperature in Celsius is correct, if only because it's the exact same scale as Kelvin but with a different starting point.

Back
Top Bottom