Potentially the longest thread in history... - Page 5442 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2017, 10:27 AM   #54411 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

Default Re: Potentially the longest thread in history...

At the minute I'm drinking about a gallon a day in energy drinks.

I've got a really bad addiction. Euroshopper original energy drink. 1 Litre bottles for 1 ..

When I stop drinking them I get withdraw. Headaches, Migraines, Dry mouth, sickness and the sweats. The sweats and migraines are the worst.

I've had an addiction for about the past 6 years. Sometimes when I'm on it. Like a session after popping my anti depressants I can stop awake for up too 36 hours. Then a 3 too 4 days turn around in bed.

I cant stop drinking them for the side effects what are horrific as they present them selves as withdraw symptoms.

The sweating with the headaches are bad but the headaches are the worst. Like proper full blown migraines. I've been in hospital several times threw them. Had the paramedics to my house and panic attacks left right and centre.

When your rocking tho its the best feeling ever being rite up their on a session.

EDIT: I'm all ready on my third bottle for today.

Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:58 AM   #54412 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
At the minute I'm drinking about a gallon a day in energy drinks.

I've got a really bad addiction. Euroshopper original energy drink. 1 Litre bottles for 1 ..

When I stop drinking them I get withdraw. Headaches, Migraines, Dry mouth, sickness and the sweats. The sweats and migraines are the worst.

I've had an addiction for about the past 6 years. Sometimes when I'm on it. Like a session after popping my anti depressants I can stop awake for up too 36 hours. Then a 3 too 4 days turn around in bed.

I cant stop drinking them for the side effects what are horrific as they present them selves as withdraw symptoms.

The sweating with the headaches are bad but the headaches are the worst. Like proper full blown migraines. I've been in hospital several times threw them. Had the paramedics to my house and panic attacks left right and centre.

When your rocking tho its the best feeling ever being rite up their on a session.

EDIT: I'm all ready on my third bottle for today.
Dude, you really need to fix that. And I say that as someone who also eats very unhealthy. But what you are doing is really, really bad. That amount of caffeine and sugar every single day is going to cause serious damage.

AMD Ryzen 1300X
16GB DDR4
Nvidia GTX1060
WD Blue 250GB SSD
Asus AMD PRIME B350M-A Mobo
Corsair 450w PSU
Fractal Design Core 1100 mATX Case

I can't wait for the day where my house robot with artificial general intelligence can be spoken too like a pathetic slave. "GO MAKE ME A DAMN MEAL, YOU POS!".
kmanmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:39 PM   #54413 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
If all other factors are kept the same, a person who eats 55-110g more sugar than another does (i.e. 1-2 cans of 500ml energy drink) every day or two, that person will gain weight faster and be able to sustain a higher overall weight.
Problem is as you said, aforementioned fat people use it as an excuse to eat more instead. Smh -_- xD

edit: 56g of sugar is about 4.5 tablespoons of sugar https://i.imgur.com/xPspWR8.jpg

Generally it IS better for you than the original (judged on case by case basis). Monster Ultra has ~9 calories in it, vs ~199 calories in an original. Your daily requirement is somewhere around 1800-2500 calories depending on how large a person you are, so one can is about 10% of your daily energy needs. And it was pretty much just eating a crap ton of sugar, nothing else useful except some added vitamins sometimes.

IMO not liking one version is not a very good reason to never try other flavours from the same company they're not the same damn flavour. Fwiw I hate the taste of the normal Monster version too

Oh ye there's also an orange tasting 'sunrise' version:
https://www.monsterenergy.cn/au/en/p...ra-sunrise-293
Always seems a little flat carbonation-wise is my only complaint.

Yeah he's fine now, probably just a bunch of mozzies haha
When you coming back to visit? Spring's just here and there's no hurricanes
Calorie intake doesn't make something more or less healthy for you, it's the ingredients. Guarantee I exceed my calorie intake daily and I've been practically the same weight since I was a teenager but I also keep an eye on what I eat too (minus that one period quoted in Chor's sig which I did lose that weight fast). I don't eat until I'm completely full and miserable every day. I drink about 3 Dr Peppers a day which is 250 calories and 64g of sugars per bottle, and that's just at work and not including what I drink at home. When I make a cup of coffee without creamer (as in Coffee Mate Original or milk) I use 2 tablespoons a cup and drink about 2 cups a day. I'm already well over a single can of energy drink and cheaper too

As to energy drinks, I've had other flavors of Monster. They all taste like **** to me. 90% of energy drinks on the market have the same after taste to me and it's simply because most all energy drinks have similar ingredients when it comes to the energy aspect of it. The only two drinks I've found I can tolerate are Bawls and Monster Nitrous. I'm just not a huge energy drink fan though, because they taste like ***, cost a high price, and don't do anything for me but make me want to vigorously brush my tongue to get the taste out. If I want to be status quo I'll have coffee with everybody else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
Damn, what a day. I got a call for a store in Nashville yesterday afternoon that had a server acting up. I called and spoke to the owner's IT guy and from the description it sounded like the box was dying. Just my luck I did not have one. I called up my lead and asked if they had one i the regional office but got no luck. He did say he thought one of the other techs might have one. I called the guy in western Alabama but he didn't have one. So I went digging in the system and found that the guy in Atlanta had one. I called him up to see about meeting this morning but he was going to be heading down to Savannah to field some calls. He did, however, put a combination lock on his storage unit so I could get into it and get the server.

I left out his morning at 9AM. I live about 35 miles NE of Chattanooga and his storage unit is about 40 miles below Atlanta, so I had to go completely through Atlanta at lunchtime to get to his storage unit (my GPS detoured me three times around traffic), and then come back up through it again and head on to Nashville.

I arrived at the store in Nashville at 9:30PM, 8:30 Central time. I pull the CPU and hard drive from the old server, install them in the new box, and get it all back up and running in just over an hour. Thankfully there was no traffic coming home and I got here at 2AM.

17 hours, 640 miles. I don't think I can handle too many of these.

I drink them because they are sugar free. Being diabetic I have to watch out for it.
This right here is the only legit reason IMO to drink diet drinks.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 04:26 PM   #54414 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

Coffee is legit the only healthy thing I have in my diet black with no milk. Mmmmm.

AMD Ryzen 1300X
16GB DDR4
Nvidia GTX1060
WD Blue 250GB SSD
Corsair 450w PSU

I can't wait for the day where my house robot with artificial general intelligence can be spoken too like a pathetic slave. "GO MAKE ME A DAMN MEAL, YOU POS!".
Old 09-23-2017, 04:38 PM   #54415 (permalink)
There and Back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
Yeah he's fine now, probably just a bunch of mozzies haha
When you coming back to visit? Spring's just here and there's no hurricanes
I would love to get back down under for a visit... Just don't have the money right now. Just moved to Tenn. and still waiting for the wife to start making more money than I do again. LOL

Dell 4K S2817Q / Logitech Z-680 / Func MS3 Mouse / Corsair K70 LUX rgb
NZXT Source 530 / i5-7600K / Corsair H100i v2 / ASRock Z270 Extreme4
SM951 M2 256GB / 850 evo 1TB / Seagate 2TB / WD 2TB
2x16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 / evga Classified GTX 980 ti / Seasonic M12II 850W

Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 05:33 PM   #54416 (permalink)
AR ML AI <3

All car drivers should read this, it's pretty spot on

Why Do Motorcyclists Do That?! | News & Features | autoTRADER.ca

AMD Ryzen 1300X
16GB DDR4
Nvidia GTX1060
WD Blue 250GB SSD
Corsair 450w PSU

Old 09-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #54417 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukem View Post
I would love to get back down under for a visit... Just don't have the money right now. Just moved to Tenn. and still waiting for the wife to start making more money than I do again. LOL
You're going to have to give me a holler sometime when you are in for a day or two now that we are practically neighbors. Maybe you and the missus and me and mine can hit Bea's on a Saturday or something.

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:12 PM   #54418 (permalink)
There and Back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
You're going to have to give me a holler sometime when you are in for a day or two now that we are practically neighbors. Maybe you and the missus and me and mine can hit Bea's on a Saturday or something.
Sounds like a plan to me... Just have to find the time. LOL

Dell 4K S2817Q / Logitech Z-680 / Func MS3 Mouse / Corsair K70 LUX rgb
NZXT Source 530 / i5-7600K / Corsair H100i v2 / ASRock Z270 Extreme4
SM951 M2 256GB / 850 evo 1TB / Seagate 2TB / WD 2TB
2x16GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 / evga Classified GTX 980 ti / Seasonic M12II 850W

Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #54419 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanmx View Post
All car drivers should read this, it's pretty spot on

Why Do Motorcyclists Do That?! | News & Features | autoTRADER.ca
Heh, covered pretty much all of that today funny enough. Instructors had parking lot setup for various exercises - rode for around a total of 7 hours today. Was lots of fun.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:28 PM   #54420 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

I went to an american-style BBQ competition yesterday and hot dammnnn got to taste some pretty good stuff finally got to try things right out of smoker/bbq rigs. Had a brisket roll and some ribs and smoked sausages, now I'm more determined than ever to get a smoker rig going

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Calorie intake doesn't make something more or less healthy for you, it's the ingredients.
Calories are just a measure of how much available energy a particular food or meal has. Yes there are other important factors aside from "how much energy am I taking in" (e.g. if you only ate food with no iron in it you'd quickly die), but that doesn't change the fact that the overall amount of energy you consume per day is a big factor for your health.

You probably have a fast metabolism which helps you, but you're also still probably overweight would be my guess I've been 80kg both ripped and fat, so being the same weight isn't really an indicator of your overall body makeup as far as fat/muscle goes. You may be fatter and less muscular/fit than your younger self.

Curious, how much food would you reckon you'd eat a day?

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is online now   Reply With Quote