Potentially the longest thread in history...

Yeah, like PP says; Seedboxes for the Win.

But still you cant beat a good proxy provider like TORGuard especially at just dollars per month.

Even then it makes no difference because I dont Pirate or use P2P like BitTorrent such as torrent sights. :angel:

Yeah, like PP says; Seedboxes for the Win.

But still you cant beat a good proxy provider like TORGuard especially at just dollars per month.

Even then it makes no difference because I dont Pirate or use P2P like BitTorrent such as torrent sights. :angel:
No point really in proxy when using a seedbox.

I have a somewhat odd question. Is it normal for there to be no little LED on your motherboard? You know the little one that is always on even when the computer is off. My motherboard doesn't seem to have that and I am wondering if that is normal. Every computer going back pretty much my whole life has had one of these little LEDs. I have an Asrock ab350 pro4 mobo.

I have a somewhat odd question. Is it normal for there to be no little LED on your motherboard? You know the little one that is always on even when the computer is off. My motherboard doesn't seem to have that and I am wondering if that is normal. Every computer going back pretty much my whole life has had one of these little LEDs. I have an Asrock ab350 pro4 mobo.
Ayyyye I just got one of those boards for my NAS. Depends on which LED you're talking about, but no there isn't a standard to have notification LEDs on the board.

Ayyyye I just got one of those boards for my NAS. Depends on which LED you're talking about, but no there isn't a standard to have notification LEDs on the board.
Usually it's a little green or red led in the bottom corner when power is going to the mobo. I usually use it as an indicator of psu failure

Today is day 6 of my monthly exercise challenge, the aim is to hit 4,000 reps by the end of the month total of any kinds of workouts. Works out to ~133 per day, so I'm doing 3x sets of 30 pushups, 2x sets of 9 curls per arm, and 2x sets of 7 chin ups. Feelin good so far :D took some before pics to see what kinda progress I end up making, don't think it'll be much for just 1 month but meh we'll see.

Anyone else have one person at work that absolutely drives them mad ?

Yeap. Worse for me is it's my *** kissing ex-boss manager. He's been working for the company for 8-9 years now so they really trust him, and he's somehow convinced the higher ups that he's a valued and useful employee despite doing sweet **** all.
Case in point, he spent 40 minutes sitting in the bosses office this morning waiting to be noticed by the CEO so he could make it look like he was working on the boss's laptop doing important things. Except all he did was clean the screen then sit there on his phone waiting. Top it off with the fact that he's on a six figure salary and you can see why I absolutely hate his *** XD

I'm going down boys. 20 years I reckon. Got one of these in the email today.

I've gotten one of those before as have quite a few of my friends. Nothing's ever come of it, despite none of us changing our habits :p
And when your internet speed is 5Mbps, adding a VPN on top is like a death sentence. These days I just use a private tracker,but dayum had not heard of seedboxes. Deffo gonna look into that!

Question regarding VR

I got the Oculus Rift and love it, everyone that has tried is so far enjoys it.
I just found out about the Microsoft Mixed Reality that is coming out late October, I heard it won't have sensors which will be really cool.
I can still return my Rift, should I just do that and wait for the new Microsoft stuff?

Question regarding VR

I just found out about the Microsoft Mixed Reality that is coming out late October, I heard it won't have sensors which will be really cool.
I can still return my Rift, should I just do that and wait for the new Microsoft stuff?
AR is going to be a lot different than VR in your experience.

Question regarding VR

I would keep the Rift. It does rely on external camera sensors as you know, but it is more precise and works in any lighting levels. The Microsoft "Mixed Reality" (more on this in a sec) headsets use inside-out tracking with the cameras built into the HMD. This is more advanced technology, and it is definitely where the industry is heading, *but*, it is still not as good (yet) as traditional outside in tracking techniques like the ones used in Rift and Vive. For a start, it won't work at all in low light or the dark. Secondly, it requires more processing from your computer, actually quite a significant amount compared to what Rift and Vive use for tracking. It's higher latency and lower precision & accuracy. You won't get quite that crisp, perfectly tracked motion you get on the Rift.

There havn't been any reviews yet, but everything I have seen indicates the Microsoft MR headsets have inferior optics. Smaller sweetspot, which means the headset has to be more carefully positioned on your head to get a clear image, it also means you'll get more blur around the periphery.

The controllers are tracked by the cameras on the front of the HMD, which means they do not get tracked outside of those cameras field of view. For example, if you go to grab an arrow from behind your back in an archery game, there would be no tracking of the controllers behind your head. Developers will have to deal with this somehow.

The only advantages are a modest increase in resolution and a low price, plus you get whatever content Microsoft bring to it's MR platform too, which to be fair could be significant if they invest in it like they do Xbox or PC gaming.

* Microsofts definition of MR confusingly encompasses everything from VR to AR. These headsets are purely VR right now, though.

All that said they're still going to be pretty good, I am interested in them myself for ease of setup and the lower cost too.

AR is going to be a lot different than VR in your experience.

The Microsoft MR headsets are actually VR, not AR. It's just Microsoft being ****ty and using the term MR as an envelope to mean everything from pure VR to AR, meanwhile Apple and Magic Leap and a few others are using MR to mean something more akin to AR. It's all very confusing... basically according to Microsoft a Vive and HoloLens are both MR :annoyed:

Totally unrelated but rumor has it Oculus are bring out a half way house between Gear VR and Rift. It's going to be several hundred dollars, all in one contained VR headset. Not as good as Rift powered by a PC, but still produce a better experience than Gear VR with full 6DOF tracking. Am intrigued.

Last edited:
Totally unrelated but rumor has it Oculus are bring out a half way house between Gear VR and Rift. It's going to be several hundred dollars, all in one contained VR headset. Not as good as Rift powered by a PC, but still produce a better experience than Gear VR with full 6DOF tracking. Am intrigued.

Less of a rumor and more confirmed, I thought. Had heard about it several weeks ago, at least.

Back
Top Bottom