Potentially the longest thread in history...

Are you saying that Marijuana does not attack the chemical imbalance being the physical side of the brain with regards to depression but what Marijuana does is make you feel relaxed. I'm asking because I'm confused. Your saying that depression is caused by the physiological side of the brain; say 90% of the time with things such as feelings and thoughts.
The chemical imbalance of depression has to deal with a chemical called serotonin and if there is an imbalance it can cause severe depression among other things. Marijuana does not directly deal with this. 90% of cases of depression are not caused by a serotonin imbalance but rather a state of mine. Your car breaks, then lose your job, your loved one leaves you, that can cause depression when life episodes happen all the time. You try your hardest at something but never quite reach where you wanted to be. Those are only a couple of examples of things that can cause depression which that in itself would be considered a state of mind, not a chemical imbalance of serotonin. THC, which makes you high when smoking or ingesting marijuana is actually a combination of a stimulant, a depressant, and a hallucinogen. The real deal with it though, is in most people it calms the mind, so those thoughts that make you depressed aren't lingering in your thought process. Since THC lingers in your body longer than alcohol the calming effects can help with mild depressive cases. Another thing to realize is that THC and alcohol affect the brain and body different in each case.

One day I hope to be able to properly deal with any mental swings without any assistance, but until then I'll definitely keep appreciating the helping hand cannabis lends me :p
At the moment if things get bad I've noticed that I actively resist any positive thoughts, almost like I'm enjoying feeling empty/terrible and the monotony of the never-ending mental loop of 'nothings ever going to get better'.
Roll up a quick spliff and take a walk down to the nature reserve, and without even trying my mind will suddenly be distracted and focusing on how nice the day looks, or how much detail is in even just the ground. Sometimes it's like experiencing "being outside" for the first time ever, like you'd never seen any of it before. To look around and think "I am *glad* that I can see this" and mean it with your whole heart is the most refreshing feeling after feeling nothing for so long.

Also just saw some of the pics in TX, hot damn lol. 110f+ weather, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, mexicans, why would anyone keep living there?! :p

Last edited:
One day I hope to be able to properly deal with any mental swings without any assistance, but until then I'll definitely keep appreciating the helping hand cannabis lends me :p
At the moment if things get bad I've noticed that I actively resist any positive thoughts, almost like I'm enjoying feeling empty/terrible and the monotony of the never-ending mental loop of 'nothings ever going to get better'.
Roll up a quick spliff and take a walk down to the nature reserve, and without even trying my mind will suddenly be distracted and focusing on how nice the day looks, or how much detail is in even just the ground. Sometimes it's like experiencing "being outside" for the first time ever, like you'd never seen any of it before. To look around and think "I am *glad* that I can see this" and mean it with your whole heart is the most refreshing feeling after feeling nothing for so long.

Also just saw some of the pics in TX, hot damn lol. 110f+ weather, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, mexicans, why would anyone keep living there?! :p
Gotta keep life exciting.

I struggled with depression for a good solid year, denying any medication because I hate taking medicine generally. I'm now diagnosed with "Depression with Anxiety"; one of the main symptoms of the depression was huge social paranoia. Once I started my antidepressant - Citalopram - for which I insisted on the minimum dose (10mg), it got rid of 80% of that, leaving me with an amount I can handle myself. There are some days I obviously need a higher dose, but I've just gone through a (bull****) breakup without too much trouble.

Last edited:
****KKKKKKKKKK people littering instantly boils my blood. It's so ****ing disgusting. Such an incredible disregard for the environment and other people who have to live in it.

I was walking down the path, some woman 50 meters away just stops, empties her pockets right in the middle of the path. Sweet wrappers, receipts etc. Then she takes two cigs out the cigarette packet, and just throws that on the pile she just made. Then walks off without a care in the world :mad::mad:

It pisses me right off. It's a busy public area, there are bins every 100 meters or so. **** this pathetic £50 littering fine which is never enforced, it should be a mandatory 2 week prison sentence or something, and a £500 fine. No judge or trial, so long as you are caught on CCTV they just chuck you straight in jail.

****KKKKKKKKKK people littering instantly boils my blood. It's so ****ing disgusting. Such an incredible disregard for the environment and other people who have to live in it.

I was walking down the path, some woman 50 meters away just stops, empties her pockets right in the middle of the path. Sweet wrappers, receipts etc. Then she takes two cigs out the cigarette packet, and just throws that on the pile she just made. Then walks off without a care in the world :mad::mad:

It pisses me right off. It's a busy public area, there are bins every 100 meters or so. **** this pathetic £50 littering fine which is never enforced, it should be a mandatory 2 week prison sentence or something, and a £500 fine. No judge or trial, so long as you are caught on CCTV they just chuck you straight in jail.

I'm big on recycling. I recycle everything I possibly can and never cook food unless I'm gonna eat it. Its such a waste otherwise.

We at our block of flats regularly use two big blue bins and about 4 too 6 standard size bins every fortnight in recycling . Then we have our food wast bins what are three of them what maybe get about one a a half full every fortnight.

They operate on alternating weeks to save money for the council.

Change of topic.

Who hear drinks energy drinks.

EDIT: To be honest people who don't recycle make me angry and it does boil my pisser because like you say kman its such a disregard for the environment its unbelievable especially when we have the technology to maintain out planet.

You should see my local paper shop. The ally ways down their is unreal for people taking their dogs and ****ting for fun. The whole cut or allyway to my local paper shop at the bottom of my street about 500 Meters stinks of dog crap.

Really makes me angry as well.

Last edited:
I drink too many energy drinks to be healthy :tongue: I'm going to die of some kind of cancer because of these things.

I drink three or four Monsters a week. They're about 18oz cans. Full of sugar and caffeine, I love them. But I do hear they are shockingly unhealthy.

They also make my pee luminous greeny yellow.

My kid has a thing for throwing things out the car window. I literally stop on the side of the road and make him pick that **** up.

I cannot put into words how much I hate UPS.

Last edited:
I drink too many energy drinks to be healthy :tongue: I'm going to die of some kind of cancer because of these things.

I drink three or four Monsters a week. They're about 18oz cans. Full of sugar and caffeine, I love them. But I do hear they are shockingly unhealthy.

They also make my pee luminous greeny yellow.

Over the weekend I went cold turkey on them and didn't have a drop past my lips for 36 + hours . I ended up going threw severe withdrawal. I had stomach cramps, Head aches and migraines and just the sweating alone has made me get another bath along with going to the toilet about thee times after waking up from a sleep.

I kid you not. Thats what I experienced when I went cold turkey.

No ****.

Back
Top Bottom