Potentially the longest thread in history...

Hmm? I don't know about this. I consistently get more high if I hold my hits for 10+ seconds as opposed to 1 or 2 seconds. I make a deliberate effort to do so if my intention is to get completely wrecked.

Also it's fun to hold a huge hit in for like 90 seconds. The THC combined with lack of oxygen leads to hallucinations and a pretty extreme high after a minute or so :p not sure how good it is for you doing that tho...
If you do this with a sub-ohm mod and a decent nicotine level all it does is start to burn inside your chest. It's best to inhale and hold/slowly release like a regular cig. Thing is with these big things you need to do mouth to lung inhale which some people have a hard time with. Remember with cigs the hit most people want is the back of their throat rather than in the lungs. You get that burn which is what I'm told is desireable.

Most people don't remember that I started this as an experiment. So it's very much a learning experience in a lot of aspects trying to figure out the desires and so far in 3 years of nicotine vaping my thought on it being a hand to mouth addiction rather than nicotine stays. In a lot of ways it's helped me with my own hand to mouth problem. My gf being a previous smoker I notice she has nothing to do with her hands then wants to vape. She never mentions needing a hit like before but in my observation it's something to do subconsciously. Most of my notes over the past 3 years shows just this with a lot of smokers and vapers. I've even made it a point sometimes to hang out with people who vape just to take notes on what they do and say in certain scenarios.

Last edited:
If you do this with a sub-ohm mod and a decent nicotine level all it does is start to burn inside your chest. It's best to inhale and hold/slowly release like a regular cig. Thing is with these big things you need to do mouth to lung inhale which some people have a hard time with.

That's how I do it normally to be honest. I don't know which is harsher on your throat lungs either. Good weed vaporizers basically just heat up the air using an element, and then you pull it through across the weed, usually it's an all glass or ceramic path so you just get pure herb taste, otherwise you taste plastic/metal on the cheaper vapes. So the air you are breathing in can be physically hot if you don't have enough of a cooling path. Is the air out of nicotine vapes the same in that respect ? never used one.

That's how I do it normally to be honest. I don't know which is harsher on your throat lungs either. Good weed vaporizers basically just heat up the air using an element, and then you pull it through across the weed, usually it's an all glass or ceramic path so you just get pure herb taste, otherwise you taste plastic/metal on the cheaper vapes. So the air you are breathing in can be physically hot if you don't have enough of a cooling path. Is the air out of nicotine vapes the same in that respect ? never used one.
Honestly they're 2 completely different things with only having a similar concept. A lot of good tanks (not RDA) have fresh air ports near the tip. The air is used for cooling as much as the flow is used to produce more vapor. In most cases the vapor is cool, not hot. In the higher wattage builds if you restrict airflow it gets warm and that's not something I personally like (because the hot coils heat up the vapor more). My baby tank is only barely warm, while the big tank with full flow is a cool vapor. The flavor ingredients can cause it to be cooler or warmer too. I had a strawberry cream that naturally was a warm vape, and I have one called icicles that is minty and it's cold.

Honestly they're 2 completely different things with only having a similar concept. A lot of good tanks (not RDA) have fresh air ports near the tip. The air is used for cooling as much as the flow is used to produce more vapor. In most cases the vapor is cool, not hot. In the higher wattage builds if you restrict airflow it gets warm and that's not something I personally like (because the hot coils heat up the vapor more). My baby tank is only barely warm, while the big tank with full flow is a cool vapor. The flavor ingredients can cause it to be cooler or warmer too. I had a strawberry cream that naturally was a warm vape, and I have one called icicles that is minty and it's cold.

How nice do they actually taste ? tempted to try that **** :p do they do nicotine free ones as I don't particularly fancy the addiction..

Wouldn't that be lower resistance + more wattage = more current = more vapor?

It's ohm's law :) Voltage = Current * Resistance. Or in our case, we care about current so you'd write Current = Voltage / Resistance
If we keep the voltage constant but drop the resistance, the current will rise.
Power (wattage) is Voltage * Current, so if the current rises the wattage being delivered to that coil also rises, which means higher heat on the coil and more liquid being vaped and bigger clouds as a result.

Honestly they're 2 completely different things with only having a similar concept.

Yeah exactly right. @kman what you're doing is drawing 150-220c air over plant matter, literally boiling the THC away from the plant matter and into your lungs.
If you wanted the same experience as vaping, you'll need to do an extraction. All you need to heat then is the coil that's submerged in your green-infused liquid, and don't need to heat a bunch of extra air for you to breathe in on top of it. Muuuch better :p would highly (heh) recommend. It's by far the healthiest approach of them all, and if you do your extraction right the flavor preservation is chalk and cheese compared to other methods.

It's ohm's law :) Voltage = Current * Resistance. Or in our case, we care about current so you'd write Current = Voltage / Resistance
Power (wattage) is Voltage * Current, so if the current rises the wattage being delivered to that coil also rises, which means higher heat on the coil and more liquid being vaped and bigger clouds as a result.

Yeah exactly right. @kman what you're doing is drawing 150-220c air over plant matter, literally boiling the THC away from the plant matter and into your lungs.
If you wanted the same experience as vaping, you'll need to do an extraction. All you need to heat then is the coil that's submerged in your green-infused liquid, and don't need to heat a bunch of extra air for you to breathe in on top of it. Muuuch better :p would highly (heh) recommend. It's by far the healthiest approach of them all, and if you do your extraction right the flavor preservation is chalk and cheese compared to other methods.

I live at home so I don't think i'll be able to get away with some homebrew chemistry setup for THC extraction :lol::lol::lol:

thanks for the suggestions regarding the smoking bit.
My brother has always been a rebel and never likes to follow rules or laws so we've always butted heads.

How nice do they actually taste ? tempted to try that **** :p do they do nicotine free ones as I don't particularly fancy the addiction..
Yea like I said they have 0 nicotine flavors but honestly I don't see you getting addicted at all. The deal is though to get real good flavor you need to spend a bit of money and IMO there's no point in spending that kind of money to be a cloud prick lol.

Sure, but the deal with a vape mod is you control the intensity by increasing wattage which raises everything else. You have to compensate more draw with higher amp capable batteries. Something I've had a hard time explaining to my idiot gf who tries sometimes to vape on 25A batteries on a mod that can draw 30A. I'm like do you want your face to explode? Because that's how you explode your face.

thanks for the suggestions regarding the smoking bit.
My brother has always been a rebel and never likes to follow rules or laws so we've always butted heads.
Yea didn't mean to go on a tangent about it, but misinformation really pisses me off because it is a great alternative to smokers. My mom quit after 40+ years of smoking because of vaping and I couldn't be happier.

NSFL. Cleaned my keyboard for the first time since I bought it in... 2013? Before and after.

Had a great day of cleaning though, waiting for the grillfrem to come over now :D
u4occiY.jpg
6YJTSip.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom