Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'm a Smoker. I know from experience that even the E Cigs will cause damage to the new born lungs. Thats no joke. I'd deffo step in and advise. I have no kids, not married and no gf but I have countless cousins being 1st 2nd and third generations and they have over the years grown up with breathing difficulties as a result of my cousins and their parents smoking around them.

Several are on inhalers and one child developed cancer at the age of 2. The child I'm on about is my 2nd cousins baby who has now been adopted and taken in to care by Social Services. The parents inc; my cousin are heavy drug users so would have contributed to the diagnosis of leukaemia but the tipping point was the smoking and thats by a professor who deals with children in a hospital environment.

The cancer was detected as my third cousin, the child in question was taken to hospital because of breathing difficulty's.

Even E Cigs have chemicals in them. Smoking is obviously not good and the simple fact is the only thing that should enter the lungs is fresh air.
Going to have to call you out there and say prove it. I have vaped around my kid since he was 2 and that plus all the current studies suggest it's "practically" harmless. I quote practically because although initial findings show there's nothing wrong with it we do not have enough long term research into the subject. Still though, for over 100 years people smoked around kids and nobody would bat an eyelash until the past 2 or so years. Secondhand smoke from real cigs do pose a real threat and I don't even let people smoke around my kid let alone him be close enough to inhale it. People tend to forget that the glycol associated with vape juice is the same food grade stuff that you eat. The things we feed our children we know to be bad for them yet a **** ton of parents still stuff their kid's faces with microwaveables, on the other hand vaping around children is taboo. Get the **** out of here with that ****. This quote says it well:

The Food and Drug Administration, which may be called upon to regulate e-cigarettes, remains cagey: “More data is needed to determine the constituents in e-cigarette aerosols and the potential risks of secondhand exposure.” But Igor Burstyn, an occupational health expert at Drexel University, argues they're being overcautious. “It's propaganda mixed with willful ignorance,” he says. “There are thousands of measurements from devices on the market.” His 2014 e-cigarette data review concluded that contaminants “pose no apparent concern” to bystanders.
This we can say for certain: You're better off breathing in vapor than secondhand smoke. Tobacco smoke contains thousands of chemicals, 60 of them known carcinogens, says toxicologist Maciej Goniewicz. “In vapor, we find just a few of these, at much lower levels.”
Basically what I feel. There is about 10 years worth of study floating around saying that there isn't any immediate danger to firsthand and secondhand and that it's exceptionally healthier to vape than smoke cigarettes. What we don't have is long term data from people vaping 15+ years to see long term effects from vaping to lungs and health.

Going to have to call you out there and say prove it.

The reason I said I know from experience is I'm talking from personal experience in regards to my cousins who are second and third generation family. I don't want to mention my third generation cousins name in case anyone picks up on this such as family or friends who I know as it could cause a **** storm so I'll refer to said child as Richard.

My third cousin Richard was born healthy and said parents who are second gen cousins smoked around him using real cigarettes and vaping when they had no money as they were heavy drug users. Basically PP on that side of the family; its broken. Drink, Drugs, Sex and god knows if any things else.

Richard was admitted to the city hospital and the senior doctors in question had issues with the Nicotine on Richards Lungs as you have to remember hes a new born baby at this stage.

Over time he developed leukaemia as things were going wrong and I know for fine well fact as you will. If parents are heavy drugs users then it will increase the chances of development issues. Obviously you know this but I'm mentioning this because of the nicotine levels on Richards lungs in what cause breathing issues what has lead to inhalers being used.

Richard is now in the care of Foster Carers and will not be returning to the original family home being the Biological parents for safety issues.

I'm not talking about proven medical fact hear PP what would thus be commonly available but from personal experience were as conversations with doctors what has lead to me finding out as second hand information from visits to my property my family and conversations.

The reason I said I know from experience is I'm talking from personal experience in regards to my cousins who are second and third generation family. I don't want to mention my third generation cousins name in case anyone picks up on this such as family or friends who I know as it could cause a **** storm so I'll refer to said child as Richard.

My third cousin Richard was born healthy and said parents who are second gen cousins smoked around him using real cigarettes and vaping when they had no money as they were heavy drug users. Basically PP on that side of the family; its broken. Drink, Drugs, Sex and god knows if any things else.

Richard was admitted to the city hospital and the senior doctors in question had issues with the Nicotine on Richards Lungs as you have to remember hes a new born baby at this stage.

Over time he developed leukaemia as things were going wrong and I know for fine well fact as you will. If parents are heavy drugs users then it will increase the chances of development issues. Obviously you know this but I'm mentioning this because of the nicotine levels on Richards lungs in what cause breathing issues what has lead to inhalers being used.

Richard is now in the care of Foster Carers and will not be returning to the original family home being the Biological parents for safety issues.

I'm not talking about proven medical fact hear PP what would thus be commonly available but from personal experience were as conversations with doctors what has lead to me finding out as second hand information from visits to my property my family and conversations.
THe nicotine would come from second hand cigarette smoke. Not only that but if the mom smoked and did drugs while pregnant the kid would have that in his system too. If secondhand vapor carried nicotine the FDA would be ALL over it, but they keep saying "we need further study" because they're too busy looking for something to use against it.

I don't mean to be so hard on you, but the biggest issue with the whole thing is misinformation. It royally pisses me off when someone says something like it's fact and it's not when they know nothing about the process. About like the previous post vaping around a kid. I've been vaping around mine for almost 4 years and I get him checked out all the time. He's completely fine.

Any of you guys smokers?
My brother just had a kid and smokes in the house, granted he smokes e cigs, i thought it was highly recommended to NOT smoke in the house with newborns.
I'm super against smoking, can't stand the smell and of course there's the health factor.
I know its not my baby but it bugged my seeing him do that...
We are close so im wondering if i have a right to give advice or maybe tell him to at least get an air purifier...idk something.

Yeah ecigs don't smoke (i.e. combust), they vaporize (i.e. turn into steam). I'm not sure with heavy nicotine loads how much is still present in the exhaled vapor would be my only concern; smoking flavoured glycol seems to be pretty harmless so far, but I don't think the same can be said when you add nicotine to the mix.

As far as smoking actual cigs I'm heavily against it, but mainly because the average smoker is extremely inconsiderate. Throwing butts on the ground, having a last desperate fag before stepping on the bus/train/plane and stinking to **** of stale smoke for the duration of the journey, **** that. Not to mention smoking in areas that other people are trying to use too. Just plain ****ty behaviour.
I don't really mind people who'd like to smoke, sure it's unhealthy but so is the fast food I eat :p just don't be an ******* while you're doing it. Pretty much applies to anything you do in life as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah ecigs don't smoke (i.e. combust), they vaporize (i.e. turn into steam). I'm not sure with heavy nicotine loads how much is still present in the exhaled vapor would be my only concern; smoking flavoured glycol seems to be pretty harmless so far, but I don't think the same can be said when you add nicotine to the mix.

As far as smoking actual cigs I'm heavily against it, but mainly because the average smoker is extremely inconsiderate. Throwing butts on the ground, having a last desperate fag before stepping on the bus/train/plane and stinking to **** of stale smoke for the duration of the journey, **** that. Not to mention smoking in areas that other people are trying to use too. Just plain ****ty behaviour.
I don't really mind people who'd like to smoke, sure it's unhealthy but so is the fast food I eat :p just don't be an ******* while you're doing it. Pretty much applies to anything you do in life as far as I'm concerned.
I have a bottle of 10mg that with our mods hits super strong. Like, choke strong. We tried a really unscientific experiment to see if any nicotine was in the vapor. I exhaled and she inhaled and said there was no hit at all. She said it was like inhaling what comes out of the humidifier.

I wouldn't expect anything more than 5% if I had to pull a number out my *** for how much might be left in the vapor, that's based off research that indicates 95% of the THC in merryjuana smoke is absorbed in the first 1 second that it's in your lungs.
10mg would mean 0.5mg in the exhaled vapor which seems pretty negligible I guess, definitely wouldn't expect it to be noticeable.
24mg loads would mean 1.2mg though, which is starting to head towards significant territory. Or to put it another way, would you let a toddler take a pull on a vape that had just 1.2mg in it? Obviously you wouldn't anyway because of the principle of the matter, but you get what I'm trying to shoot at :p

I wouldn't expect anything more than 5% if I had to pull a number out my *** for how much might be left in the vapor, that's based off research that indicates 95% of the THC in merryjuana smoke is absorbed in the first 1 second that it's in your lungs.
10mg would mean 0.5mg in the exhaled vapor which seems pretty negligible I guess, definitely wouldn't expect it to be noticeable.
24mg loads would mean 1.2mg though, which is starting to head towards significant territory. Or to put it another way, would you let a toddler take a pull on a vape that had just 1.2mg in it? Obviously you wouldn't anyway because of the principle of the matter, but you get what I'm trying to shoot at :p
Actually when you get into the mod territory the sub-ohm mods amplify the hit. Idk the science behind it because I'm too lazy and personally don't care, but a simple vape pen from your local cheap shop can have 24mg juice in it and not really hit that hard. A sub-ohm rocking a 0.15 triple coil at 80 watts will make you choke like you smoked 20 cigs at the same time.

As for the toddler comment, honestly probably wouldn't care that much. I was never a smoker and even at 6mg in my mod I don't really feel the effects of nicotine at all. 1.2mg doesn't even hit really. Obviously they know never to touch our stuff and they aren't even interested in it (my kids), but I would rather let them vape instead of even trying cigs.

Lower resistance mod = more current flowing = more total wattage = more vapor. The more liquid you're vaporizing, the more actual nicotine you're getting, and the harsher your hit will be.

I'm not a tobacco smoker either, but I can only handle my mates' vapes if they've got 8mg or less loaded :p some of them rock 10/16/24/etc and I just can't, smashes my throat lol

In other news, today I'm setting two new Asus Zenbook Flips, and OMG they are pretty :3 touch screen, 360 swivel touch screen, 1.35kg, 12h batter (allegedly), mmmmmmm :p only cost $1250 all up too, not bad

Last edited:
Actually when you get into the mod territory the sub-ohm mods amplify the hit. Idk the science behind it because I'm too lazy and personally don't care, but a simple vape pen from your local cheap shop can have 24mg juice in it and not really hit that hard. A sub-ohm rocking a 0.15 triple coil at 80 watts will make you choke like you smoked 20 cigs at the same time.

As for the toddler comment, honestly probably wouldn't care that much. I was never a smoker and even at 6mg in my mod I don't really feel the effects of nicotine at all. 1.2mg doesn't even hit really. Obviously they know never to touch our stuff and they aren't even interested in it (my kids), but I would rather let them vape instead of even trying cigs.

Hmm? I don't know about this. I consistently get more high if I hold my hits for 10+ seconds as opposed to 1 or 2 seconds. I make a deliberate effort to do so if my intention is to get completely wrecked.

Also it's fun to hold a huge hit in for like 90 seconds. The THC combined with lack of oxygen leads to hallucinations and a pretty extreme high after a minute or so :p not sure how good it is for you doing that tho...

Lower resistance mod = more current flowing = more total wattage = more vapor. The more liquid you're vaporizing, the more actual nicotine you're getting, and the harsher your hit will be.

I'm not a tobacco smoker either, but I can only handle my mates' vapes if they've got 8mg or less loaded :p some of them rock 10/16/24/etc and I just can't, smashes my throat lol

In other news, today I'm setting two new Asus Zenbook Flips, and OMG they are pretty :3 touch screen, 360 swivel touch screen, 1.35kg, 12h batter (allegedly), mmmmmmm :p only cost $1250 all up too, not bad
Wouldn't that be lower resistance + more wattage = more current = more vapor? Idk, but yea that's it. As I said, the hit is much harder and the nicotine intake is amplified big time. My big tank busted Sunday so using the baby. It's 0.397 ohm at 50W at 4.5V pulling 11.56 amps. With 6mg I get a hit but nothing like the monster. Big tank pulls something like 35 amps at 130W with 6 coils lol. 6mg in that I still can't handle and have to compensate by resisting flow. Because I'm a pussy resisting flow it actually burned the first coil in it. Little vape pens have nothing on this ****, but you can get juice with no nicotine content and full flavor. I would allow my kids to hit that but they have no interest because it's just flavor. Plus those idiots wouldn't know how to inhale it lol. They're a bit slow when it comes to adult things and have no idea why we vape or what it even is. When I was my son's age I was taking sips of imported tequila by a Powerade bottle. I'm actually pretty glad that I don't have to deal with that this early.

Back
Top Bottom