Potentially the longest thread in history...

And that's why I'll stick with them despite the fact that I've had 4 faulty iPhone 7's already.

4 !? I havn't had a recent iphone but I had every iphone from the 3G right through to the 5S and I only had to return one of them for water based damage. Never had a defect per se, but then I only kept them one year. Maybe you are a heavier user than me or that Texas climate just kills phones :p

@PP
@Kman

Were do you get your information from about such things in regards to the conversation you are having at the minute.

Do you read this stuff online or do you watch some youtube Videos . Or is this knowledge you have as working in the tech industry . Seriously I would love to jump in on this but I have no idea were this is coming from.

In other news.

Man its been a rough week. I mean rough; and to top it off with I think I'm getting the flu. Constant ups and downs. I mean one minute I'm ill with anxiety and paranoia and the next I'm in bed with depression and then I'm soaring high like an eagle. Seriously man, paranoia is f* ing bull man. Actually sat in the house the other night, like this house and man did I snap my cap or what. FML .

Never mind, TF keeps me company anyhow. I jump on and look at what y'all post and think I'm actually pretty fortunate to some people to be able to even have what I have. Let alone socialize online with such intelligent people. Like seriously I sit hear amazed at times and then go off on one on Google researching stuff you kind folk post about.

Yeah; from what I have seen of other forums. Techist is a dying breed.

What kind of info ? I browse a lot of the technology and IT related subreddits on reddit.com, watch youtube videos, and follow people in the know on Twitter. People generally hate twitter, and I agree as a platform to communicate with your friends it's boring. But I follow technically orientated people, news outlets and so on. Like I am interested in AI and AR, so I follow engineers that work at companies like Microsoft in that area, and they tweet cool stuff that they are working on, scientific papers they are publishing and so on. I am interested in North Koreas ICBM program so I follow all the rocket experts and scientists, and they release their info which is basically what the news release several days after the event. So you tend to get well ahead of the curve. Frequently know about stuff days or weeks before you see it in the mainstream press if you follow the right people.

I don't really learn anything I talk about here from work.

edit:

And I am pissed right now. Friend said lets go out on bikes. Yeah fine, so I drive 30 miles from dads house back to my home where the bike is. I get there and find a whatsapp msg from friend saying "changed mind, not coming out now". I just said i've had to do a 60 mile round trip which is kind of annoying considering my car has terrible MPG and fuel is expensive as **** in this country. He just said "lol xD". No thats not funny at all...

Last edited:
4 !? I havn't had a recent iphone but I had every iphone from the 3G right through to the 5S and I only had to return one of them for water based damage. Never had a defect per se, but then I only kept them one year. Maybe you are a heavier user than me or that Texas climate just kills phones :p

What kind of info ? I browse a lot of the technology and IT related subreddits on reddit.com, watch youtube videos, and follow people in the know on Twitter. People generally hate twitter, and I agree as a platform to communicate with your friends it's boring. But I follow technically orientated people, news outlets and so on. Like I am interested in AI and AR, so I follow engineers that work at companies like Microsoft in that area, and they tweet cool stuff that they are working on, scientific papers they are publishing and so on. I am interested in North Koreas ICBM program so I follow all the rocket experts and scientists, and they release their info which is basically what the news release several days after the event. So you tend to get well ahead of the curve. Frequently know about stuff days or weeks before you see it in the mainstream press if you follow the right people.

I don't really learn anything I talk about here from work.

edit:

And I am pissed right now. Friend said lets go out on bikes. Yeah fine, so I drive 30 miles from dads house back to my home where the bike is. I get there and find a whatsapp msg from friend saying "changed mind, not coming out now". I just said i've had to do a 60 mile round trip which is kind of annoying considering my car has terrible MPG and fuel is expensive as **** in this country. He just said "lol xD". No thats not funny at all...
Had nothing to do with usage or anything. First one I got the fake button stopped working within a month. Case since day 1, no water, nothing. Just dead. Had to use their fake software button. Got that replaced, and the next 3 phones I've gotten have all had the same problem. Somebody calls or I make a call and they can't hear me but I can hear them clearly. VoLTE is off, wifi calling off, tested mics with voice memo and videos sound comes in fine, use buds or BT and they can hear me fine.

Huh weird. Maybe their quality went down the ****ter after I stopped using them.

Well I guess there will be no hardware home button to go wrong on the IP8 atleast...

Huh weird. Maybe their quality went down the ****ter after I stopped using them.

Well I guess there will be no hardware home button to go wrong on the IP8 atleast...
that's what I'm looking forward to. I wish I could just ship this 7 back and keep my 6s until the 8 comes out. Would be nice.

that's what I'm looking forward to. I wish I could just ship this 7 back and keep my 6s until the 8 comes out. Would be nice.

8 would be nice but man I think an rrp of over $1000 for the base model is taking the piss. 'Cus that's what they're reporting it'll be.

I would just keep my Note 5 but earlier this week I picked it up off my desk at work and it was just frozen with the pulsing Samsung logo at minimum brightness and it was completely unresponsive. I just had to let the battery complete die and start it again. I think it's dieing :(

8 would be nice but man I think an rrp of over $1000 for the base model is taking the piss. 'Cus that's what they're reporting it'll be.

I would just keep my Note 5 but earlier this week I picked it up off my desk at work and it was just frozen with the pulsing Samsung logo at minimum brightness and it was completely unresponsive. I just had to let the battery complete die and start it again. I think it's dieing :(
Yea, I don't miss Android.

I don't mind the cash when I pay 10 bucks a month until I feel like paying it off.

The Note 8 is supposed to come out in August.

The Note 8 is supposed to come out in August.

I would like it but honestly I've spent the past week looking deeply into financials, pension, saving for a home, child care (gotta plan ahead..) and basically i've just **** the bed on the whole matter :omg: So my next phone might not be top of the range, gotta save dem £'s.

Also, it never occurred to me how much child care cost. I figured it was something the government paid for or it was just cheap or something. So I looked it up... it's about £1100 a month around here PER CHILD. WHAT THE ****. How does anyone afford to pay for a house, save for a pension, work full time and have two kids. I don't get it. It seems impossible!!!

I would like it but honestly I've spent the past week looking deeply into financials, pension, saving for a home, child care (gotta plan ahead..) and basically i've just **** the bed on the whole matter :omg: So my next phone might not be top of the range, gotta save dem £'s.

Also, it never occurred to me how much child care cost. I figured it was something the government paid for or it was just cheap or something. So I looked it up... it's about £1100 a month around here PER CHILD. WHAT THE ****. How does anyone afford to pay for a house, save for a pension, work full time and have two kids. I don't get it. It seems impossible!!!
At least you're figuring this out early. The first bro I built a PC for last month had his first kid on the 3rd of this month. Guess what, he didn't listen to me about a single thing. I tried giving him advice, tried stopping him from spending money. Didn't listen. Now his gf is out for another month from work, he only makes like 13 an hour, and has to pay all the bills AND pay for formula since she found out she can't breast feed. Another thing I warned him about, but of course didn't listen. He, like a lot of other people (mainly males), thought oh hey my chick has big tits she'll produce a **** ton of baby milk! Nope, warned him not every woman can breast feed no matter the breast size. Now he's stuck paying about 20 bucks a pop on a can of formula. If he's lucky the kid will be able to take the offbrand which is about 12 a can. Kids cost anywhere between 10 and 15 grand a year in the early years and that's not including any medical complications you might run into. Oh! And he makes too much for gov assistance.

My day has started off totally ****ing ****. Last night while I was at work I noticed my main server here at home went down. It's on a power conditioner and a UPS so a power blip wouldn't be it, plus my NAS and network was still up. I get home, it was shut off. Nothing in the logs, it was just off for no reason. I went to bed tired as hell last night, dog slept dead center of the bed keeping my at a weird angle. Back pain woke me up an hour and a half before my alarm so I decided just get up and drink an extra cup of coffee. Notice 2 messages on FB asking about Plex, ok.....checked the server and when I logged in I was on a default profile; uh wut.jpeg. Get profile square and find out everything is screwed up so I'm checking more than just system logs #wat.png. Nothing indicates system failure, shut down command, Windows corruption, a hack, or a virus. I spend an hour getting this damn server square and out of nowhere my mod falls over, hits my coffee cup, spills a bit on my PS4 Pro, and cracks the tank on my coaster FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom