Potentially the longest thread in history...

My drive to work is the same. It's 11 miles and takes 40 minutes. Which is why sometimes I take my motorbike, and do it in 20 minutes :cool: It's SUPER satisfying filtering through miles of gridlock traffic...
The one good thing is that my wife works about 5 mins from me so we car pool together so it helps a lot. I wish I could take the bus so I could just pass out on the way to and from work

The one good thing is that my wife works about 5 mins from me so we car pool together so it helps a lot. I wish I could take the bus so I could just pass out on the way to and from work

I took the bus to Uni everyday for about 3 months. Honestly I hated it. The bus was basically full of prostitutes and meth addicts, and rammed full. Always some dickhead at the back of the bus playing some rap music at full volume on their phone too.

I took the bus to Uni everyday for about 3 months. Honestly I hated it. The bus was basically full of prostitutes and meth addicts, and rammed full. Always some dickhead at the back of the bus playing some rap music at full volume on their phone too.

hah yeah I've heard how the bus can be.
My wife worked in downtown one year and took the bus, she said most of the people were in suits so I guess we had a decent location my mom on the other hand used to always have some drunk guy that would keep trying to talk with women.

Well yesterday I did something pretty stupid and wound up having an anxiety attack in the datacenter while at work. Luckily I was by myself but I never want to experience that again in my life.

Well yesterday I did something pretty stupid and wound up having an anxiety attack in the datacenter while at work. Luckily I was by myself but I never want to experience that again in my life.

Cause a spanning tree election on the entire network? :tongue:

One of our sysadmins did that while Super Draco and Merlin were preparing for engine tests. Not a good day

Ugh... don't you have your switches setup to disable the port if they detect any STP weirdness ?

We do, but we were in the middle of a data-center network redo and he did it early. Was supposed to happen off hours :tongue:

Just switched to a new machine at work - finally dispensing with the 2008 Xeon w/ 8GB for a 2015 i7 w/ 16. Not exactly a powerhouse on the scales members of this forum are used to, but an absolute wonder at work. Blasts through most of my macros in a third of the time, and sometimes in a fifteenth of the time.

There is also a spare 2015 2-processor Xeon machine w/ 64GB I'm eyeing up...

I was screwed over by my company today, as well as a whole bunch of others. The "pay adjustment" that we were told we were getting... a crock of sh*t. The three lump sums that were supposed to retroactively cover this year? Nah, you all misunderstood... including all of the managers, apparently. No, we're getting incremental hourly pay increases instead. I multiplied out the first increase (0.27/hour) out for the remainder of this year and it comes out to half of what the first lump sum was supposed to have been. The other two dates on the paper I was given are Sept 1 and Dec 8, so maybe I will get a couple of other 27 cent raises.

I'm pissed but am not overly surprised. Ever since the company changed hands from the founders it has steadily gone downhill. As much as I hate starting a new job I feel it may be time to start looking for one. Because I know I am not going to give it anywhere near what I have been giving the past 4.5 years, and they will be damn lucky if I give them the bare minimum.

Back
Top Bottom