Potentially the longest thread in history...

I am ****ing pissed off at my mum right now. She is acting entitled and dramatic as ****.

1) She got a new iPhone on Sunday, I offered to set it up, she declined "not at the moment".
2) I offered monday, declined for same reason
3) And again tuesday
4) And on wednesday...
5) Today, get home from work, got **** to do so immediately remote back onto my work PC. And ofcourse, mum comes in "can you setup my phone". I say "no, I am busy, I offered the past 4 days in a row and you declined, you cant now just come in and expect me to do it right here and now when I am busy"

Well ofcourse, she loses her ****. But it gets better when I reveal the following facts!:

1) She has had the entire week off work - not rocket science to setup the phone when you have all day and week to find out how to do it
2) My sister has a Comp Science degree and works in cyberintelligence at Ministry of Defence, but hasn't offered to help and just says she doesn't know how to do it (****ing BS clearly), and mum doesn't get angry at her at all
3) I spent the past 3 days helping my mum til about 9pm every night assembling new ikea furniture, taking stuff to the tip, taking her to and from the car garage (its in for repairs).

tl;dr help mum all week, finally refuse to do something as I am busy (having offered to help 4 times previously, but refused by her), she rages the house down at me

So far this week I have put in 51.5 hours and have driven 1346 miles. I'm sort of scared what tomorrow may bring...

So far this week I have put in 51.5 hours and have driven 1346 miles. I'm sort of scared what tomorrow may bring...

Psh, you can drive that far without even leaving my state borders :p
But yeah nah, screw doing that :grin: that is wayyy far to be driving, I'm surprised they don't put you on some flights instead. Surely would be cheaper at some point

I once drove for a whole hour and a half. Because that was the length of my lessons :p

my drive to work is about 30 mins with traffic, that's way too long for me, I think I hate going bumper to bumper, I probably wouldn't mind if it was 30 mins without stopping over and over again

Hate driving long distance, but will be doing just that with a group of people in a couple of weeks for a vacation down in TX. Gonna be a long drive.

I live close enough to work that I can walk or longboard, but twice a week I drive into downtown Portland for band practice, and that is a goddam sh*tshow. I absolutely loathe b2b traffic, I'm almost ALWAYS either stuck behind a smoker, or someone who lets a good 20 feet of space between them and the car in front of them, inevitably causing everyone in the next lane to jump over, which makes the person in front of me slow down even more to make up for lost space. Traffic makes me want to be physically violent.

my drive to work is about 30 mins with traffic, that's way too long for me, I think I hate going bumper to bumper, I probably wouldn't mind if it was 30 mins without stopping over and over again

My drive to work is the same. It's 11 miles and takes 40 minutes. Which is why sometimes I take my motorbike, and do it in 20 minutes :cool: It's SUPER satisfying filtering through miles of gridlock traffic...

Back
Top Bottom