Potentially the longest thread in history...

Blows my mind that really amazing science projects fail, or go for years and years failing to find funding... 99% of them only need $100m to $1000m. And yet, the Government will piss away 50x that on a new railway system.

Oh yes. Oh yes oh yes.

Tesla Supercharger on my route to work :cool: until now the nearest one was like an hour drive away, if not more than that.

abd27295985a25492a5b1a597f9e8b4f.png

Now I can haz Tesla.

All you gotta do is take out another expensive *** loan :p
In other news, Nvidia stock is at $142 now and still climbing :grin:

Today I'm gonna need at least a litre of some kinda energy drink -_- dying at me desk ftw

I know I mite be coming across as a dick hear but yeah am gonna brag any how just because I can.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Just got BT (British Telecom) Premium Infinity Package with no restrictions on the DSLAM Cabinet. Totally Unlimited No Fair Usage or Download Restriction inc: Upload Restrictions.

I can hammer that mofo 24 \ 7 365 @ 20MiB Up & Minimum 56 Down Minimum. :lol:

The advisor actually asked, "What is the reason you need those speeds"

Because I can. No restrictions on the DSLAM Cabinet during peek hours & I have been promised Priority along with a load of free stuff like subscriptions and the very best BT has to offer in Business equipment.

Oh I forgot to mention. Its a business account. :D :lol: :omg:

Sorry it totally slipped my mind folks at the beginning of the thread. :omg:

All you gotta do is take out another expensive *** loan :p
In other news, Nvidia stock is at $142 now and still climbing :grin:

Today I'm gonna need at least a litre of some kinda energy drink -_- dying at me desk ftw

It'd have to be way overpriced to work out more expensive than my current car + fuel :p

It's a few years away too. So i'll have paid off other loans and will be earning more by then :)

So, Core i9.... Pre-release benchmarks show it as 13% faster than the i7-7700k.... Think it's a safe time to buy a 7700k or should I wait? I'm starting to see my 2600k bottleneck some games.

Last edited:
So, Core i9.... Pre-release benchmarks show it as 13% faster than the i7-7700k.... Think it's a safe time to buy a 7700k or should I wait? I'm starting to see my 2600k bottleneck some games.
Core i9 starts at over a grand for a 10 core, and i9 is the only line of X299 chips that have all 44 PCI-E lanes unlocked. Fckin cash grab from the word go. Considering i9 is Skylake 13% is a big no, and with all cores going it'll be slower than a 7700k for gaming because the baseclock is significantly lower than the 7700k. So for anybody considering i9 unless you need MOAR COARS I'd ignore it.

Getting a 7700k now...Idk. What games do you say bottlenecks your 2600k?

^ Yeah, I contemplated paying that, but for only a 13% improvement I don't see why I should spend 3x as much.

Player Unknown Battlegrounds. Maxed it hits around 90% usage whereas my brother's 6700k hits like 30-35% :tongue: Not sure how big of a difference it is, but most of my installs are on an HDD, his are on an SSD (I have 128GB SSD+4TB HDD, he has just the 512GB SSD) :tongue:

^ Yeah, I contemplated paying that, but for only a 13% improvement I don't see why I should spend 3x as much.

Player Unknown Battlegrounds. Maxed it hits around 90% usage whereas my brother's 6700k hits like 30-35% :tongue: Not sure how big of a difference it is, but most of my installs are on an HDD, his are on an SSD (I have 128GB SSD+4TB HDD, he has just the 512GB SSD) :tongue:

I'll have to look what my 4690k is at for usage when I play, but I haven't really had much for issues on my quad core. I have it on an HDD as well.

Back
Top Bottom