Potentially the longest thread in history...

Honestly I have a harder time remembering PowerShell stuff than other programming language syntax (C#, JavaScript, SQL, etc.). Not sure if that's just b/c I use the others more (probably part of it).

And really, learning to code isn't that tough. The hardest part is understanding the logic behind languages..once you've learned that, and learned some basic syntax, you can pick up just about any language after looking at the proper syntax, because most of the logic is the same in a lot of languages (e.g. loops, if/else conditionals, functions, etc.).

I actually find the logic part probably easiest of all, atleast for the basic stuff I do. What I struggle with is seeing stuff that I just don't have any idea what it does. Normally because there are bits of the code, operators and such, that I don't know about. To be fair I guess that is just product knowledge and just takes some Googling.

I see a lot of code that looks like this:

[something]::[something]

No idea what it does. I guess I could just Google it :p

I actually find the logic part probably easiest of all, atleast for the basic stuff I do. What I struggle with is seeing stuff that I just don't have any idea what it does. Normally because there are bits of the code, operators and such, that I don't know about. To be fair I guess that is just product knowledge and just takes some Googling.

I see a lot of code that looks like this:

[something]::[something]

No idea what it does. I guess I could just Google it :p

I mean, that's literally what every developer does lol. That and re-using code somebody else put up online. StackOverflow is where I've gotten a lot of my code from lol. "I don't know how to do this...I'll Google it. Oh look - a StackOverflow link of exactly what I want..." *copy/paste/modify slightly* "Oh yay, that worked!"

I think it's failing at the part you skipped :p taking input from the form. Unless your PC is callled "MMMMM" :p

$syncHash.Input1 = $syncHash.Window.FindName("Input1")

Then in the click action for the button, just change ComputerName to:

-ComputerName $syncHash.Input1.Text

Done :p

This would have been so much cooler if it was a Warthog. BRRRRRRRRT

PLEASEEEEE that plane was literally invented closer to WW2 than to today :p

On a completely unrelated sidenote, it must be frustrating for for the Israel tech scene. They routinely have world class technology startups, and incredibly talented engineers and scientists coming out of their Science and Technology institutions.

Israel currently has almost 4,000 active technology start-ups - more than any other country outside the United States, according to Israel Venture Capital Research Centre.
In 2010 alone the flow of venture capital amounted to $884m (£558m).
The result: high-tech exports from Israel are valued at about $18.4bn a year, making up more than 45% of Israel's exports, according to the Central Bureau of Statistics.
Israel is a world leader in terms of research and development spending as a percentage of the economy; it's top in both the number of start-ups and engineers as a proportion of the population; and it's first in per capita venture capital investment.

And then they all move to murica, get bought Apple, Google, Facebook etc, and then the Silicon Valley circle jerk continues.

Apple are going to amaze people in September with their 3D sensing capabilities, and everyone will suck Apples dick, when in reality, all the hard work was done by PrimeSense in Tel Aviv.

Last edited:
The Mi-28 in the video is only 10 years newer than the A-10, and the F-16 is only 2 years newer than the A-10 and nobody ****s on that plane. You just don't fix what's not broke, and aside from the Havoc these 2 planes are being outfitted with modern tech out of the F-22 and F-35. Key elements in the US Gov have been trying to ground the Hogs but have been shut down the past 5 years, and as of this spring for good for good measure. For a plane designed for Nam they certainly rek *** on the towel jocks in the middle east, and they're a saving grace for allied boots on the ground. I hear F-16s, F-35s, C130s, and F-18s all day but nothing compares to the godly sound of the GAU-8 most commonly referred to as BRRRRRRRT.

The Mi-28 in the video is only 10 years newer than the A-10, and the F-16 is only 2 years newer than the A-10 and nobody ****s on that plane. You just don't fix what's not broke, and aside from the Havoc these 2 planes are being outfitted with modern tech out of the F-22 and F-35. Key elements in the US Gov have been trying to ground the Hogs but have been shut down the past 5 years, and as of this spring for good for good measure. For a plane designed for Nam they certainly rek *** on the towel jocks in the middle east, and they're a saving grace for allied boots on the ground. I hear F-16s, F-35s, C130s, and F-18s all day but nothing compares to the godly sound of the GAU-8 most commonly referred to as BRRRRRRRT.

Honestly I was just trying to trigger muricans on here to rant at me :p The 30mm cannon is bad ***. I played A-10 Warthog sim game quite a lot a while back. Cool plane.

30mm bullets are insane too! I mean look at the size of it :omg:

yQPudoq.jpg

Honestly I was just trying to trigger muricans on here to rant at me :p The 30mm cannon is bad ***. I played A-10 Warthog sim game quite a lot a while back. Cool plane.

30mm bullets are insane too! I mean look at the size of it :omg:

yQPudoq.jpg
Well I have a friend that's still alive because of one, and I honestly don't believe the F-35 can replace it. Ever. I have a feeling it'll stay going just like the F-16.

Back
Top Bottom