Potentially the longest thread in history...

Been feeling absolutely terrible lately, I mean I think I've taken a downward turn with my overlying depression.

B-Day coming up on Friday and I just don't know what I'm gonna do for it. I have a cousin who has said he has been invited out for the Boxing match but would rather come hear for a few drinks to get out of it as he'd rather be with me than deal with a two day hang over.

I could have a drink, I could do anything I wanted but truth is I'm tired now of the same bull **** everyday. Its hard when you live alone, only your self to rely on. Yeah I've got family but its not the same as living with other folk.

Their no company, no one to talk too even about the smallest things. Let alone my tech as me and kman said.

Same **** different day. If it was not for my love of tech and PCs I be locked up in jail. I mean seriously I would. I'd be roaming the streets, drinking 24 \ 7 and associating with just the wrong crowd. I'm too quiet as my other cousin says.

Getting old. I moved in to this flat when I was 23 and now I'm 31 in a few days. No gf, No Kids, No Job, No Mortgage, Not Married and no wife.

No Life.

I'm gonna grow old and die alone. Yeah sure I know I'm depressed and feeling sorry for my self but what self respecting group of friends wants to take on a 31 year old in to their social circle. Most people have kids now, married or in relationships. Jobs and careers. Hears me still sitting on the fence.

I wounder if I'll ever meet anyone. Have kids, what will happen. I'm curious to know if I'll die alone. Oh dear. Just me, myself and I. Were to go and what to do.

Little stressed here guys chill. Hell I still haven't even finished the initial paperwork for my clearance.

Was just ribbin ya, take your time :lol:

Same **** different day.
I wounder if I'll ever meet anyone. Have kids, what will happen. I'm curious to know if I'll die alone. Oh dear. Just me, myself and I. Were to go and what to do.

You're the person in charge of your life, it's your decision to sit at home and only go out at 3am in the morning or whenever. If *you* don't change that, nobody will. So while you *choose* to not change any of that, surprise surprise it'll *always* be the same **** different day.
You're a smart dude, and you could easily make some small changes that'd see you much better off in life. You post here often that you're tired of how your life is atm. So...I dunno what you're waiting for?

I'll see what I can do. I took some initial shots but they're very basic "realtor" like shots.

Funny because I'm returning my iPhone 7 for a GS8.

That's not a bad idea, because the GS8 is a seriously sweet phone. I think it looks pretty epic.

I need to try one more, though. I picked up a demo unit in store and the extra tall screen felt weird. But I only got 30 seconds with it, and it was bolted down to a table with a big case on it. But it looks really nice. I love the bezzleless screen direction we are heading in though.

I nearly ordered one, then I decided to wait and see if Apple managed to integrate the 3D sensor suite that was rumored and get the Touch ID working under the display. They have 6 months of extra time to get it working over Samsung, so I hope they manage it. I really don't like finger print sensors on the back of phones.

I have heard good things about this one. It's not free but the basic one is fairly cheap.

Career Direct: Career Guidance, Advice, and Assessment

Thanks I may actually pay to do one of these.

Last edited:
My housemate has the S8+. It's a gorgeous phone but I'm definitely go for the non-plus version if I were to get one (and if I had the money I'd definitely get one).

Was just ribbin ya, take your time :lol:

You're the person in charge of your life, it's your decision to sit at home and only go out at 3am in the morning or whenever. If *you* don't change that, nobody will. So while you *choose* to not change any of that, surprise surprise it'll *always* be the same **** different day.
You're a smart dude, and you could easily make some small changes that'd see you much better off in life. You post here often that you're tired of how your life is atm. So...I dunno what you're waiting for?
Yea I know, but I'm being hammered to do **** and I'm like I just want to take a nap :(

That's not a bad idea, because the GS8 is a seriously sweet phone. I think it looks pretty epic.

I need to try one more, though. I picked up a demo unit in store and the extra tall screen felt weird. But I only got 30 seconds with it, and it was bolted down to a table with a big case on it. But it looks really nice. I love the bezzleless screen direction we are heading in though.

I nearly ordered one, then I decided to wait and see if Apple managed to integrate the 3D sensor suite that was rumored and get the Touch ID working under the display. They have 6 months of extra time to get it working over Samsung, so I hope they manage it. I really don't like finger print sensors on the back of phones.

Thanks I may actually pay to do one of these.
Yea I just have got accustomed to having a small phone again and I like it. I also like never worrying about phone slowdown. Thing is, I've had this stupid "no button" bull**** derp up on me twice. I might go back to my 6s.

My housemate has the S8+. It's a gorgeous phone but I'm definitely go for the non-plus version if I were to get one (and if I had the money I'd definitely get one).
Yea that ****'s just way too big.

Last edited:
Yea I know, but I'm being hammered to do **** and I'm like I just want to take a nap :(

Yea I just have got accustomed to having a small phone again and I like it. I also like never worrying about phone slowdown. Thing is, I've had this stupid "no button" bull**** derp up on me twice. I might go back to my 6s.

Yea that ****'s just way too big.

Wait I thought you just said you're upgrading to an S8. And now you're saying you're downgrading to a 6S ?

:confused:

Well, got my salary review at last. Up to £23k from £21k, which is waaaay below the threshold for me handing my notice in (£28k). Actually massively insulting. One of the other people in the department (there are 4 of us) might be handing in his notice on the 8th so I'll wait for then.

30 days was yesterday, can't take 7 back. Might use my 6s until I pay off the 7 then sell it and go GS8.

wait what did I miss?
What happened to your iPhone? I thought you were over Android
I think the S8 looks cool but I'd never go back to Samsung again, waiting for the new OnePlus or pixel

Back
Top Bottom