Potentially the longest thread in history...

Back to work today after two weeks on holiday. Quite the struggle as I had to get up at 0600 after being used to getting up between 0800-1000.

Also, no news on my salary review. What a surprise.

Yep. That is particularly unsurprising. Most companies are ****heads when it comes to caring about employees.

Changing the subject, is anyone here aware of any tests you can take that tell you what you are good at, and where you rank on the scale ? (e.g. top 5% or w/e). I don't mean them crappy 5 minute tests that say "You're an analytical person, but really self conscious and a bad team player!". I want a more technical test that tells me I am atrocious at XXX but abnormally good at, say, a certain field in mathematics.

I'd really like to do a job in something I am good at. I'm pretty sure most people do happen to be really good at something specific. Hopefully I am too. I always remember math class at school, I was average at GCSE grade mathematics. I rarely put my hand up to answer questions, and i'd go through the work often a little confused but usually figured it out without being embarrassingly slow. However this one time in math class one week, we were doing a certain type of math. I was ridiculously fast at it. It seemed really really simple and obvious to me. I was finishing my work first by a considerable margin every day that week out of a class of 30 - I was finishing about 15 minutes before the 2nd person did. But I didn't care at the time, and now I've completely forgotten what it was.

You're probably thinking of aptitude tests, but I don't know if there's anything especially general.

In my case I was always very good with anything spatial or requiring visualisation, as I'm an extremely visual person, so ending up in GIS-related work has done me well.

Last edited:
Email today from my boss after asked him for his input on something he asked me to do:

"What is this for? Who has asked you to do this? What are you booking time to for these tasks?"

The reply I wanted to send:
"It's for the training project you asked me to run. You asked me to. I'm booking the time to the project time you gave me for doing this project."

Email today from my boss after asked him for his input on something he asked me to do:

"What is this for? Who has asked you to do this? What are you booking time to for these tasks?"

The reply I wanted to send:
"It's for the training project you asked me to run. You asked me to. I'm booking the time to the project time you gave me for doing this project."

Aptitude test sounds about right... to Google ! And yes, you should totally send that message.

Just closed on my house, about to get the keys.

Jelly. Take some panorama pics.

Actually scratch that, you have a good camera now. Model your entire house using photogrammetry. It's not that hard, and Valve made a convenient guide.
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: SteamVR

Last edited:
Okay so this is supposedly an accurate render of iPhone 8. Sorry guys but if Apple do release a phone that looks 90 to 100% the same as this, I am returning to Apple Fanboyism. PREPARE.

C45j1bF.jpg

Last edited:
Aptitude test sounds about right... to Google ! And yes, you should totally send that message.

Actually scratch that, you have a good camera now. Model your entire house using photogrammetry. It's not that hard, and Valve made a convenient guide.
Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: SteamVR
I'll see what I can do. I took some initial shots but they're very basic "realtor" like shots.

Okay so this is supposedly an accurate render of iPhone 8. Sorry guys but if Apple do release a phone that looks 90 to 100% the same as this, I am returning to Apple Fanboyism. PREPARE.

C45j1bF.jpg
Funny because I'm returning my iPhone 7 for a GS8.

I can't ****ing believe this. This is insufferable.

A guy has forgot his password. I reset it. When he goes to login now, it says "Please enter your old password, and then type in a new one". This is correct, as I ticked the box "Force user to change password on login". I have explained to him SO MANY TIMES that where it says OLD PASSWORD he needs to enter the password I LITERALLY JUST GAVE TO HIM. This is SUCH A SIMPLE INSTRUCTION, AND HE CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN !

"I understand that mate, but I can't remember my old password"

F
M
L

I've ran out of ways to explain it to him. I give up. I am defeated.

You gotta treat these people like third graders. You have to sit down with them and show them step by step. :tongue:

Gonna finish building a skate ramp today, 1/4 pipe. First time building one of these so learned a lot, still she turned out well I think! I'll take some pics later today

Don't hold your breath, I'm still waiting for my test shots :p :grin: XD

Back
Top Bottom