Potentially the longest thread in history...

Opposite kinda day for me. Busy as **** too, but didn't even realise I'd worked overtime until someone who leaves after me said bye as they walked out the door -_-

* Before anybody thinks it's bull**** I'm charging her anything, my relationships have always involved 50/50 input.

Does anyone think that these days? :p I mean, I could maybe understand a different split if she was studying and earning like 3x less than you or something, but otherwise **** no. It's all about equality these days, and I'm damn fine with that idea :grin: you pull your weight no matter what sex you are.

As for the equality thing, some small things my mum and sister do annoy me. Basically anything they want moving or picking up, they ask me to do it. Cus i'm a man! they're fully capable and strong enough to pick up or open said object, yes they'd have to try harder than I do, but it just annoys me.. if you can do something yourself, you should.

Just stuff like "I'll carry the bread, can you carry the Coca Cola, it's heavier". Technically a true statement, but you should in no way at all struggle to carry a bottle of coke, carry it yourself. :\

Eurgh, today is one of them days at work, where as soon as you get in you are busy. Doing stuff non stop, and seems like you've been working hard for ages. Then you check the time and it's 9:12am when you expected it to be 11:30am.

Feels bad man. :(

Welcome to my entire week. It's been awful.

Opposite kinda day for me. Busy as **** too, but didn't even realise I'd worked overtime until someone who leaves after me said bye as they walked out the door -_-

Does anyone think that these days? :p I mean, I could maybe understand a different split if she was studying and earning like 3x less than you or something, but otherwise **** no. It's all about equality these days, and I'm damn fine with that idea :grin: you pull your weight no matter what sex you are.
Yes, and you'd be surprised. I had a couple people who thought it was wrong I was essentially charging my gf rent to live with me. They took no consideration into the fact that I let her chose what she wanted to do. She chose the $400 like I thought she would.

Aaaaaand my motorcycle just broke down :p

Nothing mechanically serious though. I was riding down the road at 30mph, starting to slow down for the lights. My bike has really strong engine braking, far more than a car, so I don't use my brakes that much (I very lightly press the pedal, just to light up the brake light). But anyway, rather than slowing down, my bikes starts to speed up as I ease off the throttle. Wut... mfw my bike is accelerating by itself. Yes, I may have panicked slightly. After a second of panic my brain reengaged and I just pulled in the clutch and came to a stop with my brakes. Turns out the throttle had become really sticky, and it was just holding at 5k rpm when I let off, and wouldn't return to idle unless I manually twisted it back round.

Nothing crazy, now I knew what it was doing, I could ride it fairly safely back to the dealer so long as I was careful. It doesn't do it every time, but probably every 1 in 3 times I twist it to 5k +, it gets stuck. The mechanic at the dealer said the throttle did feel a bit weird and stiff, though it was no longer getting stuck by the time I got there, seemed to partially fix itself. He was cool though, understood that obviously it needed looking at as I don't want it to do it again, rather than just fob me off with "ugh well it's fine now so off you go..". He's 90% sure it'll be something to do with the throttle restrictor kit fitted to my bike that I need to keep it legal and under 47hp.

No biggie. Just a bit frightening when it first happened :p

Best friend's wedding today, I am not physically ready. We had a big dinner after the rehearsal yesterday and my stomach is F**KED up. Feel like **** today. On another note, anybody remember that friend I talked about that disowned me 5 years ago? It appears the wedding kicked him out of it and we will be putting the past behind us. So I'm pretty damn excited about that tbh. I have missed the guy who is essentially my brother.

Best friend's wedding today, I am not physically ready. We had a big dinner after the rehearsal yesterday and my stomach is F**KED up. Feel like **** today. On another note, anybody remember that friend I talked about that disowned me 5 years ago? It appears the wedding kicked him out of it and we will be putting the past behind us. So I'm pretty damn excited about that tbh. I have missed the guy who is essentially my brother.

I cant remember you taking about said friend.. What do you mean? The wedding kicked him out it. As in they said **** Off, your not invited. Why did you fall out.

I cant remember you taking about said friend.. What do you mean? The wedding kicked him out it. As in they said **** Off, your not invited. Why did you fall out.
This guy was basically considered a brother to me for 12 years, and even my mom and dad (before he died) called him the adopted son. To make a long story short I did a very drastic and dramatic thing (at Quakecon) to keep my son in 2012 and nobody knew what I was doing to keep the legitimacy of it. Him and my other friend from Middle School didn't even give me time to explain after the event and shut me out of their life completely. Yesterday was the day of my best friend's wedding and the three of us were all pretty close until the event in 2012. We both agreed that if there was any time it would be the wedding to make him snap out of disowning me.

Well Friday night after the ceremony rehearsal I took my gf and 2 other friends to see Fast and Furious 8, we got out of the movie and I checked my phone to see said person had messaged me wanting to put the past behind us after the wedding. Last night we shook hands during the wedding after my toast and afterwards the 3 of us went to Waffle House to chat over coffee. We have patched things up and will now be friends again burying the past. He still wants to have a man to man chat explaining his side of things and I understand that, but what was will continue to just be a bad memory and the good times will now roll.

To anybody who may know the individual I'm talking about knows what happened then and how it damaged me pretty bad. So they know I'm pretty damn happy we are fixing things.

I can't ****ing believe this. This is insufferable.

A guy has forgot his password. I reset it. When he goes to login now, it says "Please enter your old password, and then type in a new one". This is correct, as I ticked the box "Force user to change password on login". I have explained to him SO MANY TIMES that where it says OLD PASSWORD he needs to enter the password I LITERALLY JUST GAVE TO HIM. This is SUCH A SIMPLE INSTRUCTION, AND HE CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT I MEAN !

"I understand that mate, but I can't remember my old password"

F
M
L

I've ran out of ways to explain it to him. I give up. I am defeated.

Last edited:
Back to work today after two weeks on holiday. Quite the struggle as I had to get up at 0600 after being used to getting up between 0800-1000.

Also, no news on my salary review. What a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom