Potentially the longest thread in history...

When you send an electrical signal down a wire, it's not sending an electron traveling from one end to the other, it's propagating an electromagnetic wave and as such travels exactly as fast as other electromagnetic waves.
The only difference is that those waves travel different speeds in different materials; in a vacuum it travels ~299,000km/s; in a wire it can still travel pretty damn close to vacuum speed (pending on the characteristics of the wire).

So *technically* we're introducing more delay by using wires. The issue is extracting a useful signal.
With wires we can shield them from EM interference and be pretty sure that if the signal goes " 1010101" that it's not just random noise but an actual generated signal.
With wifi, you've got nothing to shield your signal from the noise of the environment. That means you have a bound on how fast you can send your data. The less delay you leave between your data bit transmissions, the easier it is to dirty the signal.

When I read stuff like this, Immediately I think of AI and the advancement of space travel and Physics. When your talking about wireless and the core essentials of how the technology works I'm immediately drawn in to a world of superstition and the existence of ET.

Now the reason being. No one will truly know in the public domain of what tech the military has and or Governments of the world but I'm fascinated by the concept being a future optimist of what is yet to be discovered and or invented.

If we look at the world of Physics, and how computer science currently is; based on a platform of 0's and 1's and the physical world of hardware. We as humans are probably one of the most advanced species on this planet but saying that when I was watching a documentary about Biological Physics and the evolution of Human kind I very excited; so be not in my life time but to find out how the future of Human kind will evolve.

Now the reason I'm saying all this rubbish to most people; is because we are still evolving and if we take the concept of Physical Biological Physics and look at how will Computer science evolve with our understanding I'm genuinely interested in knowing more on how the future of the likes of AI will turn out or the tech of everyday human lives.

Alright, who's the one who thinks they're going to be fired from their job? I have yet to see an update and I'm interested. The man/woman who overseas mobile marketing and their colleague rolled out an update to the whole company and he was left out in the matter? Its only a few pages back but couldn't find it.
+ Congrats PP! how's the lender looking?

When you send an electrical signal down a wire, it's not sending an electron traveling from one end to the other, it's propagating an electromagnetic wave and as such travels exactly as fast as other electromagnetic waves.
The only difference is that those waves travel different speeds in different materials; in a vacuum it travels ~299,000km/s; in a wire it can still travel pretty damn close to vacuum speed (pending on the characteristics of the wire).

So *technically* we're introducing more delay by using wires. The issue is extracting a useful signal.
With wires we can shield them from EM interference and be pretty sure that if the signal goes " 1010101" that it's not just random noise but an actual generated signal.
With wifi, you've got nothing to shield your signal from the noise of the environment. That means you have a bound on how fast you can send your data. The less delay you leave between your data bit transmissions, the easier it is to dirty the signal.

Well, an ez fix then. Wireless shielding ! I'm not sure how it would work, but i'm sure it's an easy problem to solve.

Well, an ez fix then. Wireless shielding ! I'm not sure how it would work, but i'm sure it's an easy problem to solve.

Even if your PC were a perfect faraday cage you'd still have a ton of interference from every other interconnect within the system.

I had to explain spatial multiplexing in court recently; the barristers are given random technical questions by their own experts to check the depth of your knowledge, and discredit you if you're unable to succinctly answer it in a way that can understood by a jury (re: common-garden idiots).

This is why superintelligent AI is the last invention we ever need to make.

We don't need to figure out ultra low latency wireless, because once we have super intelligent AI powered by a 100 petaflop super computer, it can cycle through and simulate millions of potential solutions all by itself. It could churn out perfected solutions far quicker than the biggest best funded research groups ;)

It's amazing to think what superhuman AI matched with complete understanding of the laws of physics, chemicals and materials could accomplish.

Back
Top Bottom