Potentially the longest thread in history...

You don't realise how unintelligent average joe is until you work at a company that mainly employs average people.

My IQ is only moderately above average, about 125 iirc. A decent amount of people on TF and the internet in general run rings around me smart wise. But in a company of 350 people I can legitimately only think of 1 or 2 people outside IT that are on a similar level of intelligence and I can speak normally to. Everyone else I go into dumb speak mode so they understand me.

My boss is generally really smart, more so than me, especially around math. BUT he says fought when he means to say thought. And he says free instead of three. So I have no respect for him. :p

Honestly speaking kman I know a lot of people with who I have to change my language towards as well. For me its a part of communicating with people. say for example if I'm talking to my sister I will have to change my language to a method of communication to something she will understand. I'm talking about using sentence structures, words, and overall body language and pauses \ breaks in communication that she can comprehend and understand my overall conversation.

If you talk to the average Joe on the street and I've said this a few times I have no one else to talk to about my biggest interest being PC \ Tech they just dont have a clue. An example of that is the chief of MI6 coming out on the day the IPA came in too law. If you try to explain this to people they cant comprehend or grasp the basics even from what I have seen of; lets say tech all together.

People in my experience want to watch a movie or feature film. Listen to music and dont like windows because it doesn't have the start menu . They are happy to download a torrent with out any protection and are all ways looking to save a quick buck buy selling films they have downloaded but dont understand whats involved in the whole technical side of thing. I know some really stupid people who download films and sell them on but if you mention LInux or just Nix* their gonna end up keeling over and having a stroke.

I actually know some people who still use XP. Can you believe it. Honestly.

Doesn't matter. To me a dog is a piece of the family and belongs indoors. A Husky would have issues living outside in the Texas summer, and actually most dogs do. A lot of people lose their animals from dehydration.

The only exception being farm related stuff to me. Even then most of the time the dog is an indoor pet that helps with outdoor activities.

Heh, funnily enough my dog is sleeping outside now *because* of the heat :p I have no aircon so it's way too hot inside. At least outside there's an occasional breeze.

That said, I've always been recommended by dog trainers to keep your dogs inside. Inside the house while you're away just roaming around, and inside the house at night to sleep preferably in a closeable cage/kennel. You don't force them in or anything, you literally decorate it with treats and toys and they learn it's their absolute safe spot where nothing can get them and they can always go if they need a place to relax.

If you keep them outside all the time, they tend to develop a hyper "guard dog" mentality. e.g. they hear a noise over the fence and bark at it, then the noise goes away. To the dog, that means they just succeeded in scaring away whatever intruder was about to come in :p not something you wanna encourage.

Unfortunately it's a little difficult to setup his bed in my current house with so many kids around, so that'll have to wait till I get my next place in the coming months. Outside of the super warm months he usually sleeps at the foot of my bed anyway :grin:

You don't realise how unintelligent average joe is until you work at a company that mainly employs average people.

****ing oath. Worst part for me is I'm a terrible judge of other people's emotions and how I'm coming across, so I inadvertently piss off some people sometimes :p gotta work on dat social awareness.

My boss is generally really smart, more so than me, especially around math. BUT he says fought when he means to say thought. And he says free instead of three. So I have no respect for him. :p

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that reaction :grin: like seriously. It's "TH". "F" is a completely different mouth shape. What the THUCK are you doing

Heh, funnily enough my dog is sleeping outside now *because* of the heat :p I have no aircon so it's way too hot inside. At least outside there's an occasional breeze.

That said, I've always been recommended by dog trainers to keep your dogs inside. Inside the house while you're away just roaming around, and inside the house at night to sleep preferably in a closeable cage/kennel. You don't force them in or anything, you literally decorate it with treats and toys and they learn it's their absolute safe spot where nothing can get them and they can always go if they need a place to relax.

If you keep them outside all the time, they tend to develop a hyper "guard dog" mentality. e.g. they hear a noise over the fence and bark at it, then the noise goes away. To the dog, that means they just succeeded in scaring away whatever intruder was about to come in :p not something you wanna encourage.

Unfortunately it's a little difficult to setup his bed in my current house with so many kids around, so that'll have to wait till I get my next place in the coming months. Outside of the super warm months he usually sleeps at the foot of my bed anyway :grin:

****ing oath. Worst part for me is I'm a terrible judge of other people's emotions and how I'm coming across, so I inadvertently piss off some people sometimes :p gotta work on dat social awareness.

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who has that reaction :grin: like seriously. It's "TH". "F" is a completely different mouth shape. What the THUCK are you doing
Yea I've been letting her sleep in my bed at night and in a kennel while I'm at work. She's half Catahoula so when they're bored they get destructive. Too much expensive gear here for that.

Hadn't heard of that breed before, nice! But yeah, if you adopt a dog that hasn't been trained well then it's a real uphill struggle to encourage good behaviour without a few expensive things being destroyed along the way xD

Honestly I feel like crying hear. I've just sat hear and asked Google all night a load of questions and I'm dammed if I can get Virtual Box to Install or run a Guest OS.

I'm trying to make a bootable image file to boot VB off the DVD and I'm still no further forward.

I've tried downloading various .ISO files. Disk image files. Creating, deleting ISO's downloading 32 and 64 Bit Os's and mounting and mounting and enabling PAE.

I been in my BIOS looking at VT-x and Hyperthreading. Been to about a dozen web sites looking for information and I'm just stumped on how to progress.

Am really getting sick hear.

I've just been watching the first speech from Trump on the BBC World News. I am so f***ing jelly of you Americans over the other side of the pond. He has just basically turned around and said what over 50% of GB is thinking who voted to leave the E.U . Inc: My self.

Our politicians couldn't give a monkeys about people like me who are disabled and austerity is costing lives. Simple as that. America for Americans and America first. So jelly, so so jelly.

Dude if you're struggling just go here: https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

Download a premade VirtalBox image and play around with that first.

I will defo give this a look. Thanks for that.

Back
Top Bottom