Potentially the longest thread in history...

So I totally didn't just reverse my car into my 5 day old motorbike. Nope. Didn't happen. :lol:

giphy.gif

Any major damage?

Sounds like something a ....would do ...jk
Have a great weekend!

giphy.gif

Any major damage?

Haha, nah. It's not as silly as it sounds. I park my motorbike at the back of the residential parking space I use for my car, and chain it to a post. When I back my car up, I deliberately try and get within about an inch of it, so there is zero wiggle room for some chav bastard to steal it. I've learned that when my parking sensors are continuously beeping and the display shows no room left, I have about 3 more inches. So I creep very slowly an extra 2 inches to close the gap. But I just misjudged it, and reversed about 3.5 inches. So I heard a slightly worryingly loud tap and crack as I hit the bike (only at about 1mph). Good news is the part that protrudes from the bike most is the solid steel left foot rest, so if anything it'd just punch a hole in my rear bumper before damaging the bike itself at them speeds. But it didn't even do that, apparently modern rear plastic bumpers bend a whole lot more than I realised. A good thing I guess. Protects idiots like me from themselves :D Hell the bumper isn't even scratched or scuffed.. I really don't understand how.

Last edited:
While a bumper will bend far more than you think they can, it causes the paint to separate from the plastics... In a few years you will probably notice the paint peeling from that area.

Ah, not as bad as I was imagining then :p

Had a pretty killer weekend this time round, pity it had to end so soon :grin:

Went out friday with a couple mates after visiting my grandma in hospital, she's on the mend too so all ticks there!

Saturday I finally got around to repairing my 1080p projector, turns out it was just overheating due to being stuffed with dust :D SO good to have it back! I was using my little brother's el cheapo 720p in the mean time, bah gawd the difference is night and day.

Sunday morning I rode just over 7km to the beach with one of my bros, setup a little cabana and spent the morning drinking beer and swimming/diving.
Now that I'm getting back into shape we're starting to swim out further & dive deeper, we've finally reached the stage where when one person dives down you can't even see them anymore :p they just slowly disappear into the murky depths muahahha XD
Only downside was riding back home -_- 38c and about 60 vertical meters of climb in the ride. Blurgh.

Ah, not as bad as I was imagining then :p

Had a pretty killer weekend this time round, pity it had to end so soon :grin:

Went out friday with a couple mates after visiting my grandma in hospital, she's on the mend too so all ticks there!

Saturday I finally got around to repairing my 1080p projector, turns out it was just overheating due to being stuffed with dust :D SO good to have it back! I was using my little brother's el cheapo 720p in the mean time, bah gawd the difference is night and day.

Sunday morning I rode just over 7km to the beach with one of my bros, setup a little cabana and spent the morning drinking beer and swimming/diving.
Now that I'm getting back into shape we're starting to swim out further & dive deeper, we've finally reached the stage where when one person dives down you can't even see them anymore :p they just slowly disappear into the murky depths muahahha XD
Only downside was riding back home -_- 38c and about 60 vertical meters of climb in the ride. Blurgh.

Whats wrong with you Grandma? Why is she in hospital. My Gran is 84. I know she probably has at most a good 5 years left but when my Gran goes I'm gonna be devastated. I'm not trying to be nasty or have a sly dig by mentioning something like this but what I'm saying is I would struggle if it went for my Nan. She's looked after me most of my life. Sometimes when I'm very down and isolated I go and sit with her. Over the years she has proven to be such a strong person. My guess is its a different generation.

On another note:

Their must be some seriously intelligent people on these forums. I have just been looking at the whole set up for this Server I have. Man its got my head boggled. I cant understand half the connectivity on this thing.

I decided to take it off B\S\T and see what I can do with it. Learning Linux and learning this Server has been a very steep learning curve. Even connecting to the SSH via the CLI for Ubuntu I'm struggling to remember most of the commands let alone work in the actual directories for the account I have set up.

I'm 30 have no kids. Most people are interested in Women and going out drinking and hears me sitting in my house on a Sunday morning in the early hours trying to figure out threw asking Google a lot of questions what the connectivity is on the x3650 IBM.

Is it just me or does any one get a buzz when they figure something out. Its like a urikia moment.

Whats wrong with you Grandma? Why is she in hospital. My Gran is 84. I know she probably has at most a good 5 years left but when my Gran goes I'm gonna be devastated. I'm not trying to be nasty or have a sly dig by mentioning something like this but what I'm saying is I would struggle if it went for my Nan. She's looked after me most of my life. Sometimes when I'm very down and isolated I go and sit with her. Over the years she has proven to be such a strong person. My guess is its a different generation.

On another note:

Their must be some seriously intelligent people on these forums. I have just been looking at the whole set up for this Server I have. Man its got my head boggled. I cant understand half the connectivity on this thing.

I decided to take it off B\S\T and see what I can do with it. Learning Linux and learning this Server has been a very steep learning curve. Even connecting to the SSH via the CLI for Ubuntu I'm struggling to remember most of the commands let alone work in the actual directories for the account I have set up.

I'm 30 have no kids. Most people are interested in Women and going out drinking and hears me sitting in my house on a Sunday morning in the early hours trying to figure out threw asking Google a lot of questions what the connectivity is on the x3650 IBM.

Is it just me or does any one get a buzz when they figure something out. Its like a urikia moment.

Eh don't sweat it. Some guys love going out chasing girls and getting wasted. Good for them, whatever floats their boat. Most guys are that way. I prefer to stay at home to myself and do whatever I want. I have quite a few hobbies so there is always something to learn about said hobbies that I can find online. Whether it be about PCs, games, science, photography, cars, motorbikes.. the internet feeds me everything I need and want to know. And when i'm not on the internet, I am doing those hobbies I enjoy. I have a few friends and colleagues at work that don't really have any hobbies, all their money goes on going out at the weekend and chasing women. Sex is fun and all but I am not so crazy about it that I feel like I want to chase it down every weekend :p I just take it casually when the opportunity presents itself :lol: that's fine for me.

Eh don't sweat it. Some guys love going out chasing girls and getting wasted. Good for them, whatever floats their boat. Most guys are that way. I prefer to stay at home to myself and do whatever I want. I have quite a few hobbies so there is always something to learn about said hobbies that I can find online. Whether it be about PCs, games, science, photography, cars, motorbikes.. the internet feeds me everything I need and want to know. And when i'm not on the internet, I am doing those hobbies I enjoy. I have a few friends and colleagues at work that don't really have any hobbies, all their money goes on going out at the weekend and chasing women. Sex is fun and all but I am not so crazy about it that I feel like I want to chase it down every weekend :p I just take it casually when the opportunity presents itself :lol: that's fine for me.
I have a gf and even some weekends I'm just too busy to be bothered. I honestly can't stand guys that all they think about is getting their dick wet.

Back
Top Bottom