Potentially the longest thread in history...

PP, I don't quite understand the point you were making about Trump mocking the disabled guy ? I mean, it clearly happened, it was live on TV for the world to see. It doesn't really seem appropriate behaviour to me, no matter what the background of the situation.

Yeah I'm missing what you're saying as well.

Exactly how? The stuff being thrown around by anti-trump people is false and backed by our media. If anything they should try to blacklist bull**** as that's what's brainwashing our populace.

What do you mean? The inauguration turnout was demonstrably and provably less than the turnout of Obama's. Even the BBC have gone ahead with saying that the WH blatantly lied about the turnout (they used the word "lie" rather than falsehood which I felt was weirdly unpolitic of them), they did a 5-minute segment comparing photos. They even included snippets of reporters from ABC and MSBNC saying the same, though they used the term falsehood.

Personally I don't think the turnout number actually matters (a lot more people can watch from home in HD than they could in 2008), it's the "alternative facts" bit that's a bit spooky.

Last edited:
PP, I don't quite understand the point you were making about Trump mocking the disabled guy ? I mean, it clearly happened, it was live on TV for the world to see. It doesn't really seem appropriate behaviour to me, no matter what the background of the situation.
He also clearly mocked a non-disabled general in the exact same fashion and the gesture he used (flailing his arms sporadically) doesn't mock the disabled guy who can hold his arm still against his chest. The memes being posted to prove a left agenda don't show the whole picture. The point is exactly as I posted under all that in my edit. What you're intaking isn't going to be the full picture. The memes are screenshotting a specific time in the video where his hand IS near his chest like he's mocking his disability. His mockery was towards the guy not "remembering" the FBI detaining a ton of people cheering when the WTC towers fell AND that guy was the dude who wrote the article talking about it in The Washington post which conveniently couldn't find any evidence proving Trump's claims. Trump also used the same movements with Ted Cruz. In summary:

Donald Trump embarrassed the media by finding the 9/11 Washington Post article. The media found the reporter who tried to backtrack. Trump impersonated the reporter backtracking. Media points out the reporter is disabled, but only releases still photos of his flexed hand. Public assumes from Trump's impersonation and being told by the media that he is mocking a disabled man that the reporter must not be able to control his arms and Trump is a dirtbag who hates the disabled. In reality muscle spasms or involuntary arm movements are not part of the reporter's disability. Therefore Trump could not be mocking a disability that the guy doesn't have.

Yeah I'm missing what you're saying as well.

What do you mean? The inauguration turnout was demonstrably and provably less than the turnout of Obama's. Even the BBC have gone ahead with saying that the WH blatantly lied about the turnout, they did a 5-minute segment comparing photos.
Got a link to that? Although I think we're saying the same thing.

I never said anything to do with illegal immigration.
I said that he wants to put all Muslims on a registry list, how can that be acceptable? That's one of the reason I can never support him

I never said anything to do with illegal immigration.
I said that he wants to put all Muslims on a registry list, how can that be acceptable? That's one of the reason I can never support him
You mentioned the wall, which is what everybody automatically goes to. The wall is to keep Mexicans from illegally coming into the country, and his immigration policy is to keep illegals out. The registry is for refugees and such not legally in this country. Are you here under a work visa or a refugee from Syria or the like? Then it doesn't pertain to you.

To implement Trump's call for "extreme vetting" of some Muslim immigrants, Kobach said the immigration policy group could recommend the reinstatement of a national registry of immigrants and visitors who enter the United States on visas from countries where extremist organizations are active.
Last time I checked Dubai wasn't harboring extremists.

He also clearly mocked a non-disabled general in the exact same fashion and the gesture he used (flailing his arms sporadically) doesn't mock the disabled guy who can hold his arm still against his chest. The memes being posted to prove a left agenda don't show the whole picture. The point is exactly as I posted under all that in my edit. What you're intaking isn't going to be the full picture. The memes are screenshotting a specific time in the video where his hand IS near his chest like he's mocking his disability. His mockery was towards the guy not "remembering" the FBI detaining a ton of people cheering when the WTC towers fell AND that guy was the dude who wrote the article talking about it in The Washington post which conveniently couldn't find any evidence proving Trump's claims. Trump also used the same movements with Ted Cruz. In summary:

Got a link to that? Although I think we're saying the same thing.

I saw the full speech start to finish, I don't buy it at all personally that he wasn't doing a disabled mock.

If you are mocking a disabled person, I don't imagine anybody thinks "Hangon, best mock this disabled persons exact condition in a physically and scientifically correct way", you just go with the generic disabled person look which it seems very much like what he did. We will never know if that's what he actually intended, but myself watching the video personally, it seems like he is very much mocking a disabled person.

Either way, that part is pretty irrelevant. It's highly unprofessional to mock anyone, for any reason, in public. You'd get disciplined in a lot of workplaces for doing it, let alone as president of the United States in front of hundreds of millions of people.

I mean for entertainment purposes, it's excellent. But it shows a serious childish lack of restraint. We all joke and mock and make fun of friends or people for a laugh in a private audience, and I wouldn't expect the president to be any different. But there is a time and place, and that wasn't one of them.

Last edited:
But surely such a registry already exists, and should apply to all illegal immigrants regardless of race/religion/whatever?
Except they're illegal, people here illegally aren't in a registry otherwise they'd be deported for being illegally in the states. They want to start documenting all refugees/people from extremist countries to keep tabs on them. His worry is that they want a registry of ALL Muslim peoples in the States. Not true. Draw big arrow back to my initial point about media and people not fact checking.

I saw the full speech start to finish, I don't buy it at all personally that he wasn't doing a disabled mock.

If you are mocking a disabled person, I don't imagine anybody thinks "Hangon, best mock this disabled persons exact condition in a physically and scientifically correct way", you just go with the generic disabled person look which it seems very much like what he did. We will never know if that's what he actually intended, but myself watching the video personally, it seems like he is very much mocking a disabled person.

Either way, that part is pretty irrelevant. It's highly unprofessional to mock anyone, for any reason, in public. You'd get disciplined in a lot of workplaces for doing it, let alone as president of the United States in front of hundreds of millions of people.

I mean for entertainment purposes, it's excellent. But it shows a serious childish lack of restraint. We all joke and mock and make fun of friends or people for a laugh in a private audience, and I wouldn't expect the president to be any different. But there is a time and place, and that wasn't one of them.
You're doing exactly what I was talking about, concentrating on the "disabled" part and arguing off that. Again, draw big arrow back to my point. Media says "hey Trump mocked disabled person" queue big **** storm before people fact check. If I was in his shoes and caught that dude in a bald faced lie I'd be mocking him too. Trump being who he is doesn't give a ****. Not saying I agree, just saying that's how it is. He mocked Cruz and a general in the very same way but people are concentrating on what the media wants you to concentrate on, the fact that he's disabled. It's to deter you away from WHY he did it in the first place and it worked.

Except they're illegal, people here illegally aren't in a registry otherwise they'd be deported for being illegally in the states. They want to start documenting all refugees/people from extremist countries to keep tabs on them. His worry is that they want a registry of ALL Muslim peoples in the States. Not true. Draw big arrow back to my initial point about media and people not fact checking.

You're doing exactly what I was talking about, concentrating on the "disabled" part and arguing off that. Again, draw big arrow back to my point. Media says "hey Trump mocked disabled person" queue big **** storm before people fact check. If I was in his shoes and caught that dude in a bald faced lie I'd be mocking him too. Trump being who he is doesn't give a ****. Not saying I agree, just saying that's how it is. He mocked Cruz and a general in the very same way but people are concentrating on what the media wants you to concentrate on, the fact that he's disabled. It's to deter you away from WHY he did it in the first place and it worked.

My opinion would be the exact same if it wasn't a disabled person and he was just generally mocking. It's not acceptable in that situation, disabled or not disabled. The disabled part grabbed the headlines, but the general act of public mockery is the real issue.

I'd mock the guy too if he was a ****, but then I am not the president with all eyes on me :p

The guy just needs to learn where to draw the line a little bit. I think it's good when he calls out ****ty reporters/journalists. Or when he speaks his mind generally,

My opinion would be the exact same if it wasn't a disabled person and he was just generally mocking. It's not acceptable in that situation, disabled or not disabled. The disabled part grabbed the headlines, but the general act of public mockery is the real issue.

I'd mock the guy too if he was a ****, but then I am not the president with all eyes on me :p

The guy just needs to learn where to draw the line a little bit. I think it's good when he calls out ****ty reporters/journalists. Or when he speaks his mind generally,
That was his way of doing it, just the media turned it around on him. Have to agree with you, but his Twitter feed shows that won't happen anytime soon.

Moving along;
Went around my boss's back to check on procurement myself. We're missing things and I'm tired of waiting on his *** to find 12 grand worth of missing stuff. Pretty sure I'll get in trouble but whatever. I have to rearrange this lab and I can't do things if we're not getting the last 3 GPUs that were ordered.

Back
Top Bottom