Potentially the longest thread in history...

Coool cool. How many calories are you eating each day at the moment roughly ?

A minimum of 2500. Doesn't sound like much, but before christmas it was around 2000 max, so I'm already doing a decent job of it.
It's frustrating, I know I could put more weight on if I started drinking more coke and eating more crisps and stuff, but i'm worried that will start to affect me mentally. I'm already tired through most of the day anyway, can't see junk food helping that :sleep:

A minimum of 2500. Doesn't sound like much, but before christmas it was around 2000 max, so I'm already doing a decent job of it.
It's frustrating, I know I could put more weight on if I started drinking more coke and eating more crisps and stuff, but i'm worried that will start to affect me mentally. I'm already tired through most of the day anyway, can't see junk food helping that :sleep:
Eat more red meat. There are healthy ways to bulk and you don't have to look hard to find it either. At 5'7 I average 150lbs and people call me small. 6' and 130? Walking 2x4.

Yeah I wouldn't really try and eat lots of sugary food. It'll give you spikey / crashy energy, gives you mouth ulcers, spots etc. The second I dropped 90% of sugary food all of that dissappeared. If you want more calories, high fat food is better than high sugar food.

I have one free ticket code for the Triple X movie
AMC theaters, you have to watch it today or tomorrow
Whoever pms me first will get it.

Yeah I wouldn't really try and eat lots of sugary food. It'll give you spikey / crashy energy, gives you mouth ulcers, spots etc. The second I dropped 90% of sugary food all of that dissappeared. If you want more calories, high fat food is better than high sugar food.

Eat more red meat. There are healthy ways to bulk and you don't have to look hard to find it either. At 5'7 I average 150lbs and people call me small. 6' and 130? Walking 2x4.

I'll take both of those into account. And yeah, walking 2x4 sounds about right. Most people opt into calling me 'lanky git' :lol:

On a side note, I have this wonderful ability to not know if something looks decent or awful, so could anyone give me a quick opinion? Trying to make a game dev portfolio, and technically, it's going fine. Design wise, not so much.
For context, hovering over an image/item makes it go to 100% opacity (it's currently at 80%). Please be as honest, brutal, savage as possible, this is something I will want to send to employers at some point :angel:
Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

**Edit** I feel like this looks slightly better. The pictures for each project were too big. Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

Last edited:
I'll take both of those into account. And yeah, walking 2x4 sounds about right. Most people opt into calling me 'lanky git' :lol:

On a side note, I have this wonderful ability to not know if something looks decent or awful, so could anyone give me a quick opinion? Trying to make a game dev portfolio, and technically, it's going fine. Design wise, not so much.
For context, hovering over an image/item makes it go to 100% opacity (it's currently at 80%). Please be as honest, brutal, savage as possible, this is something I will want to send to employers at some point :angel:
Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

**Edit** I feel like this looks slightly better. The pictures for each project were too big. Pasteboard — Uploaded Image

Second one looks better.

Also, I suggest using a CSS framework such as Bootstrap if you're not already; that way the site can be natively responsive as well (and easier/faster to actually style).

Guess I am headed back to Win7 on all my personal machines and wont be pushing Win10 to machines anymore. Win7 is still perfectly capable, and M$ keeps breaking things with Win10. Win10 is quickly reminding me of Vista. If M$ can't start acting like a half-decent company and puts out a product with proper support instead of half-assed software, then I will probably end up going ubuntu soon. :-\

Second one looks better.

Also, I suggest using a CSS framework such as Bootstrap if you're not already; that way the site can be natively responsive as well (and easier/faster to actually style).

By better, do you mean it's decent, or just didn't make you vomit as much as the first? :lol:
And I have bootstrap downloaded, but looking through the css made my head hurt a bit. I've looked through the documentation, but it's going to take a while for me to get my head around it. I'm not very accustomed to using other people's code.

Guess I am headed back to Win7 on all my personal machines and wont be pushing Win10 to machines anymore. Win7 is still perfectly capable, and M$ keeps breaking things with Win10. Win10 is quickly reminding me of Vista. If M$ can't start acting like a half-decent company and puts out a product with proper support instead of half-assed software, then I will probably end up going ubuntu soon. :-\

WOMM(s) :p

By better, do you mean it's decent, or just didn't make you vomit as much as the first? :lol:
And I have bootstrap downloaded, but looking through the css made my head hurt a bit. I've looked through the documentation, but it's going to take a while for me to get my head around it. I'm not very accustomed to using other people's code.

Really the big part you need to know with Bootstrap is Rows/Columns with Divs. Rows are 12 "columns" wide, so you define a row, then make your column divs add up to 12.

So something like this:
Code:
<div class="container">
    <div class="row row-padded">
        <div class="col-md-6">Column content here</div>
        <div class="col-md-2">More column content here</div>
        <div class="col-md-4">Another column</div>
    </div>
</div>

Would give you a page with 1 row, and 3 columns of varying widths. Makes it super fast to spin up decent looking / responsive (mobile friendly) layouts.

All the other extra stuff in Bootstrap is just that - extra. Panels, buttons, input styles, dropdowns, etc.

Though using those would definitely make your menu look nicer ;).

I also suggest looking into FontAwesome for icons - Bootstrap has a decent selection of Glyphs, but FontAwesome's library is much larger.

Yeah I wouldn't really try and eat lots of sugary food. It'll give you spikey / crashy energy, gives you mouth ulcers, spots etc. The second I dropped 90% of sugary food all of that dissappeared.

Actually, you've made me realise I need to cut down on my sugar intake. Being on hormones has made me break in spots out a lot and my sugar intake has gone way up the last year as I started becoming more reliant on coffee, plus I eat a lot more in the way of sugary cereal in the morning now.

Back
Top Bottom