Potentially the longest thread in history...

I've sat in front of my Computer for the last 20 years starting off from a Cirix 300 Mhz to a Xeon 8 Core 12 GiB System. I have no idea how you people go to work and make money. Go to work and talk to people. Involved in Sexual Relationships. People skills.

People are horrible nasty creatures of habit. Their is all ways a weak spot for someone somewhere. Could be the most kind person you'll ever meet. Could be the nasty person you ever meet. Money is responsible for 90 % of the crap on this planet at least. Greed = Money = Financial Gain = Materialistic Wealth = Social Status.

I hate the world I live in and I hate this Planet.

\RANT.

I have never been like this. I pay for everything. Why. Because I owe people jack **** at the end of the day. Their no free in this life. Never has, and never will be.

Uhh no mate, you get all your money for free ;) don't come out swinging with double standards like that.
Honestly I reckon the biggest problem with free tech support is from people who are your friends/family, and they're not the ones I'm helping :p complete strangers are a lot more appreciative and less likely to just *expect* you to help.

Plus I gotta say, it's a pretty big cultural thing in Aus to help people who are down on their luck or in a tight spot, because that's what you'd want done to you. Happens all the time in the group I advertised in, occasionally makes the news.

Amazon Go
YES. This is what I have wanted for years. I wonder how much it costs to implement though, over self checkout and normal manned checkout systems.

Aw hell yeah! We just got Aldi though, and we pretty much can only buy ebooks off Amazon :grin: so I'm guessing it'll be years till this hits Aus T_T

.. .. .. Uhh no mate, you get all your money for free ;) don't come out swinging with double standards like that. .. .. ..

imho it depends how you look at it. When you look at the tax system in the U.K and the low income people like me living off the state. I cant remember much about the holiday I last had. I certainly dont own expensive cloths, shoes or even a half decent Computer as I'm running a Duel Pentium . When I'm saying free. I get my income but as an individual I have to and would rather pay for everything simply because I have seen how nasty people can be when it comes to Money.

I've seen people be threatened for the equivalent of 10 bucks. Back breaking gambling addiction and no money for food shopping sitting rattling at 3AM for even a 2 dollar sandwich or the equivalent of £1.50 p .. It depends how you look at it from what perspective.

For example I know several very wealthy people who are very nasty when it comes to money. I will admit what I said was a bit too far as in my experience you've got more chance of getting something off someone who has very little them selves.

As for the rich and wealthy whom I personally know. They'd not give you the steam off their S***e .. Some people say money comes to money and that sort of thing.

Free money off the state, well yeah to an extent but someone has had to pay for that.

Yeah I get your point, certainly true in my experience as well :grin: rich people are the stingiest bunch of ****s you'll ever meet. Take the company CEO, who gets me to list stuff on craigslist that he bought *new* for $20 5 years ago -_-

As far as regular people go though, especially people who have to count every cent they have and try to stretch it to cover the month or whatever, I think it's just a nice thing to do. Stop making everything revolve around money for a change, which is what you say you hate so much, and just do something nice for someone who needs it :p there's always going to be lazy *** freeloaders who expect the world to be handed to them on a silver platter, but they're usually pretty damn obvious to spot and you just quote the oldest aussie proverb at them: "F*** off ya c***" :grin:

Yeah I get your point, certainly true in my experience as well :grin: rich people are the stingiest bunch of ****s you'll ever meet. Take the company CEO, who gets me to list stuff on craigslist that he bought *new* for $20 5 years ago -_-

As far as regular people go though, especially people who have to count every cent they have and try to stretch it to cover the month or whatever, I think it's just a nice thing to do. Stop making everything revolve around money for a change, which is what you say you hate so much, and just do something nice for someone who needs it :p there's always going to be lazy *** freeloaders who expect the world to be handed to them on a silver platter, but they're usually pretty damn obvious to spot and you just quote the oldest aussie proverb at them: "F*** off ya c***" :grin:

I know quite regular people who do give regular and my self included such as handing the change over to the charity tins in a supermarket or helping a friend and saying hey look pay me back when you can or even if times are bad if you can.

The reason I hate the world revolving around money is because just 8 years ago you had non of this depressing stuff on T.V like how bad money is etc. The country of Britain has been going threw austerity for 8 years soul. 8 long years. I dont have a job like kman but I'm a prime target for the conservatives whom are in power. I put the news on soul and its so depressing to see families handing down cloths and asking nabours for essentials on the mainstream media.

Then you have the richest 1 % in the country who have became exceedingly rich and multi billionaires. On the other hand you have labor who are supporting an end to austerity. I cant stand watching T.V and its been like this for about 5 too 7 years. Its all about politics and money and from what I can see a lot of people suffering. I say you dont get free in this life and thats because their is all ways someone willing to take advantage of a freebie.

I say you dont get free in this life and thats because their is all ways someone willing to take advantage of a freebie.

You're right about that, and that's the crux of it really. I think you have to make a choice there. Do you stop providing those free things/services because a few will always abuse it, or do you provide it anyway?

As far as your situation goes, you better be hoping for the latter :p cause there's *plenty* of people abusing the welfare system.

I'm very anti-religious really, but I always did love the line: in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Basically Jesus saying tl;dr treat others how you'd wish to be treated. Pretty solid advice I reckon :grin:

Lol yeah. Before the old company went bust, the Chairman was worth £80m. He bought a £12m house and was renovating it to the max standard. He fitted this insane internet operated gate. It needed a 3G data SIM at a cost of about £10 a month. He refused to pay for the contract and made the business cover it. So much **** like that. He never paid for xmas presents for his family, he didn't even do the shopping, he came into IT on Xmas eve and made us hand over our stock of iPhone 6's (about 4 of them) which he gave out as presents. Sigh.

Was generally just an illegal ******* too. He broke off the IT department for the main company into a second company. He then made the IT department/company charge the main company absurd amounts for hardware and services. He ofcourse was majority shareholder, so took 51% of profits. We'd charge the main company £800 for a £400 PC and that kind of thing. And then just before the main company went bust, he literally just bank transferred the entire balance of the IT companies bank account to his personal account, about £1.5m in cash. Then never paid off the other shareholders and screwed them over.

Oh he also owned the building that the main company rented. He charged about 10x the going rate for a building in that size/area. Basically did everything possible to milk the company for as much $$$ as possible.

Last edited:
Our CEO has four cars, all with custom license plates numbered sequentially after his initials, ie. AK 1, AK 2, etc. One's a decent jag, one's a decent land rover, one's a sports convertible, can't remember the other.

Meanwhile I, a very profitable resource, was laid off for a month so they could make immediate-term savings of, what, £1000? At the cost of £3-5k in the medium-term.

Last edited:
Our CEO has four cars, all with custom license plates numbered sequentially after his initials, ie. AK 1, AK 2, etc. One's a decent jag, one's a decent land rover, one's a sports convertible, can't remember the other.

Meanwhile I, a very profitable resource, was laid off for a month so they could make immediate-term savings of, what, £1000? At the cost of £3-5k in the medium-term.

Ah yes, another great case of "business mathematics".

Kind of like how we pay £11m in wages each year and yet they can't even pay me the correct wage because the extra 8k it'd cost them ontop of that £11m (0.07%!)makes all the difference in the world to the business bottom end and they absolutely have nothing else more pressing in terms of expenses.

And yet, the 'director' of our 3 man strong scaffolding team is apparently worth 50% of the entire amount of revenue we get through that department (He is paid £70k and this year the department brought in £140k revenue.. not even profit)

Back
Top Bottom