Potentially the longest thread in history...

Halloween is annoying in Australia :p most people don't do anything for it, but in recent years I think more people have started to latch on as the pubs/clubs/bars etc see it as a way to get extra revenue in. I'll be spending it at home being grumpy :grin:

Today I'm pretty happy with the results of my ETF investment :D got ~$14 interest on the last 2 months. For comparison, the same amount of money sitting in my 'high interest' bank account has earned me just over $4 for the same period.

TIL not to say "Starting a process on a remote server through powershell ? easy!"

welllllllllllllllllll then I learned you can't do start-process against remote machines, you can't invoke-command to start processes, and if you start a process through a pssession it will only run for the duration of the session.

Turns out it's a security thing and you can't really do it properly without bodging your way around it.

Use WMI :thumbsup: Remotely Invoke Applications With PowerShell

Halloween is annoying in Australia :p most people don't do anything for it, but in recent years I think more people have started to latch on as the pubs/clubs/bars etc see it as a way to get extra revenue in. I'll be spending it at home being grumpy :grin:

Today I'm pretty happy with the results of my ETF investment :D got ~$14 interest on the last 2 months. For comparison, the same amount of money sitting in my 'high interest' bank account has earned me just over $4 for the same period.

Use WMI :thumbsup: Remotely Invoke Applications With PowerShell

Tried that and it works, but seems to have the same problem with the process ending as soon as the script is finished.

edit:

Ugh so actually it works if I enter server name directly rather than using

new-pssession servername
Invoke-WmiMethod –ComputerName $pssession -Class win32_process -Name create -ArgumentList "notepad"

Kewl. Not sure why I didn't try that. Sometimes I spend ages on a script and get nowhere, then I come back to it the next day and it makes a whole lot more sense and I fix the issue fairly easily.

Last edited:
Kewl. Not sure why I didn't try that. Sometimes I spend ages on a script and get nowhere, then I come back to it the next day and it makes a whole lot more sense and I fix the issue fairly easily.

Welcome to programming.

So for Halloween, my team in the Development division decided we're going to dress as "hackers" and our theme is going to be ransomware. So I'm gonna make some "ransomware" screens we can print out, and then on halloween we're gonna go to other areas of IT and steal little things like water bottles, etc. and leave the ransomware notes.

hah that's pretty cool.
we have an IT Dept meeting on Mondays so one of my co worker wants to dress up as a penguin so he can just sit in the middle of the meeting and make everyone feel awkward.

Battlefield 1 doesnt have me addicted like some games, but everytime I play it (for 30 to 60 mins per day), it's great fun. I dunno why but it really feels like the first kind of next gen online FPS game i've played. It just feels so..epic! nearly every round has something awesome happening.

Today I got a pile of chicken wings + chips delivered for $6.50 and earned 66 frequent flyer points on top of it to boot :D *love* deliveroo!

Also getting seriously addicted to this electric skateboard. Sorry for the ****ty vid :p one of my little bros attempting to power slide around a corner

Tonight I start a Flag Football Tournament.
I was asked to organize it, had fun creating the teams and schedules.
Got about 42 people to play so 6 teams.
It's everyone in my community so it should be fun.
Gonna be playing outdoors from 10-12 tonight

Was telling Carnage the other day, I'm apparently blocked off from the bottom half of the boards (gaming and OT) at work. Anything I do will result in an error and my post won't go through. So that kinda sucked.

Past week was interesting. Would say the most interesting part was seeking who would be taking over our contract and succeeding in the first try and this week should be finding out what I'll get paid.

Was telling Carnage the other day, I'm apparently blocked off from the bottom half of the boards (gaming and OT) at work. Anything I do will result in an error and my post won't go through. So that kinda sucked.

Past week was interesting. Would say the most interesting part was seeking who would be taking over our contract and succeeding in the first try and this week should be finding out what I'll get paid.

Super weird that it's just the bottom boards.

Back
Top Bottom