Potentially the longest thread in history...

For years my brother didn't drink water at all, he hated it . He replaced water with Powerade and Gatorade. We tried really hard advising him to stop or minimizing it and trying water but it didn't work. His health went to ****s and he always got sick. He finally started 6 months ago and had been consistent, he looks better and he doesn't get sick as much anymore.
At work we have Culligan installed, my wife hates tap water taste. Have you thought about installing something at your place?
Sounds pretty placebo, but that's just me. People tend to forget you get water from other sources too, not just straight water. I never drink straight water, ever, yet I don't get dehydrated or have health issues due to lack of water. Friends don't understand, but they didn't put two and two together that I drink a ton of coffee weekly. There's my water ;) Gatorade also has water in it sooo....

Sounds pretty placebo, but that's just me. People tend to forget you get water from other sources too, not just straight water. I never drink straight water, ever, yet I don't get dehydrated or have health issues due to lack of water. Friends don't understand, but they didn't put two and two together that I drink a ton of coffee weekly. There's my water ;) Gatorade also has water in it sooo....

Yeah but there's also lots of other stuff (besides electrolytes, what plants crave). All of my nursing friends recommend not drinking powerade/gatorade unless you're actually playing sports and losing hydration. Otherwise, water is still the best bet.

And yeah there's water in other things...there's water in pop (or soda for you :p) too, but you can still build up other stuff - in this case, calcium deposits.

Welp, today I got called into a meeting with our GM for that CF card debacle. Turns out they're not really concerned over trying to scam another company out of a product worth hundreds of bucks, what really pissed them off was the fact that I told them it had water damage instead of saying "I don't know" when asked what happened to the card. That's the last damn straw for this place as far as I'm concerned. ****ty timing with my 1 month break still 2 months away, getting a job now would likely mean cancelling the trip :/ ah well, sticking it out for 2 more months -_-

I think coffee is one thing, gatorade is another. Electrolytes are salts, it's pretty well established that consuming too much salt is a bad thing. Like, seawater also has water in it. Doesn't make it a great drink to mutilate your thirst :p

Oh man I'm dying today XD CEOs wife has a picture that she wants printed A3, but the pic is pretty small. So her instructions are:
1. Print the picture onto a glossy A4 sheet of paper
2. Take a photo of that picture, then enlarge that photo to A3 size and print that.

Apparently this will yield best quality results.

Oh man I'm dying today XD CEOs wife has a picture that she wants printed A3, but the pic is pretty small. So her instructions are:
1. Print the picture onto a glossy A4 sheet of paper
2. Take a photo of that picture, then enlarge that photo to A3 size and print that.

Apparently this will yield best quality results.

Lol. Just lol...

There are some pretty funky algorithms and apps for resizing pics with the best quality... ENHANCE !

Yeah but there's also lots of other stuff (besides electrolytes, what plants crave). All of my nursing friends recommend not drinking powerade/gatorade unless you're actually playing sports and losing hydration. Otherwise, water is still the best bet.

And yeah there's water in other things...there's water in pop (or soda for you :p) too, but you can still build up other stuff - in this case, calcium deposits.
Soda has carbonated water, not exactly the same thing at all. The bad thing in soda is high fructose corn syrup which is terrible for you. Still have my regular DPs a day.

Wouldn't listen to nursing friends either, as their teachers are going to be pretty stupid unless they're RNs that have a higher degree of education. My gf is in school for that now and her teacher told the class they need to drink half their weight in oz's of water daily or they will die. They also said that adding salt to any meal is extremely bad for you......wat. I don't know a single person personally that will drink 2+ liters a day in pure water.

Welp, today I got called into a meeting with our GM for that CF card debacle. Turns out they're not really concerned over trying to scam another company out of a product worth hundreds of bucks, what really pissed them off was the fact that I told them it had water damage instead of saying "I don't know" when asked what happened to the card. That's the last damn straw for this place as far as I'm concerned. ****ty timing with my 1 month break still 2 months away, getting a job now would likely mean cancelling the trip :/ ah well, sticking it out for 2 more months -_-

I think coffee is one thing, gatorade is another. Electrolytes are salts, it's pretty well established that consuming too much salt is a bad thing. Like, seawater also has water in it. Doesn't make it a great drink to mutilate your thirst :p
Sounds like a cover up of them being mad because they wanted to scam them out of getting it replaced. If they didn't want to scam they wouldn't have been mad to begin with.

Electrolytes in Gatorade is fancy marketing for sugar and salt which almost anything out there has some form of sodium and sugar. You guys are going into left field to make it sound like drinking Gatorade is as bad as drinking soda which it certainly isn't. It actually is made with purified water and unless you were already pretty unhealthy to begin with drinking Gatorade on a regular basis isn't as bad for you as some people would like you to think.

The whole basis of the conversation was that people tend to forget that a lot of regular drinks that are consumed have high amounts of natural water in them so drinking pure water isn't necessary for a daily consumption amount. Tea, coffee, Gatorade, Kool Aid, ect all contain several ounces of water per serving which consumed on a regular basis per day will give you the water content required daily to be "healthy". Not being sick, feeling better ect would all be placebo or coincidence. Another psychosomatic byproduct of moving to "drinking pure water" is usually eating healthier. That in itself would make you feel better and drinking pure water daily on top of it is like a cleanse.

Soda has carbonated water, not exactly the same thing at all. The bad thing in soda is high fructose corn syrup which is terrible for you. Still have my regular DPs a day.
Carbonated water is just water infused with CO2 - literally the same thing, just makes bubbles in your stomach causing you to burp more frequently. Unless you get carbonated water that indeed has sodium/sugar added to it, then it's different.

Wouldn't listen to nursing friends either, as their teachers are going to be pretty stupid unless they're RNs that have a higher degree of education. My gf is in school for that now and her teacher told the class they need to drink half their weight in oz's of water daily or they will die. They also said that adding salt to any meal is extremely bad for you......wat. I don't know a single person personally that will drink 2+ liters a day in pure water.
They are all indeed RN's that have gone through a pretty decent nursing school.

And you're right - the "drink 8 glasses of water a day" myth has indeed been debunked (but still perpetuated) - and agreed to just drink when you're thirsty.

As for adding additional salt to meals...well yeah, if you do it all the time it's bad for you or you're adding it to everything. A lot of food nowadays already contains boatloads of sodium, so adding more isn't always necessary. Adding additional salt to some foods / meals can indeed by unhealthy if you're doing it to everything.

Electrolytes in Gatorade is fancy marketing for sugar and salt which almost anything out there has some form of sodium and sugar. You guys are going into left field to make it sound like drinking Gatorade is as bad as drinking soda which it certainly isn't. It actually is made with purified water and unless you were already pretty unhealthy to begin with drinking Gatorade on a regular basis isn't as bad for you as some people would like you to think.
Just because it's made with purified water doesn't really mean much if it has all of the other stuff, and your intake is exceeding what you should be anyway. If you're exercising, you're losing salts/sugars by burning it and sweating. However, if you're not exercising, you're taking in unnecessary amounts of salts and sugars.

Not going into left field at all - still intaking unnecessary amounts of sugars, salts, etc. You're going into left field by just saying "well it's still got water in it" - I understand that...but the extras in it are what's bad for you're if you're taking it in too frequently (more than "recommended" for you as an individual). Hell even "pure water" will kill you if you drink too much.

The whole basis of the conversation was that people tend to forget that a lot of regular drinks that are consumed have high amounts of natural water in them so drinking pure water isn't necessary for a daily consumption amount. Tea, coffee, Gatorade, Kool Aid, ect all contain several ounces of water per serving which consumed on a regular basis per day will give you the water content required daily to be "healthy". Not being sick, feeling better ect would all be placebo or coincidence. Another psychosomatic byproduct of moving to "drinking pure water" is usually eating healthier. That in itself would make you feel better and drinking pure water daily on top of it is like a cleanse.

Again, I'm not disputing the fact that those drinks all contain water. I'm saying drinking regular water on a normal basis is good for you because it's just water without the extra additives of sugar, sodium, caffeine, etc. I mean obviously you can live off of pop/soda, because that's what my wife did. She barely drank regular water ever...but she got the pleasure of passing a kidney stone because of it (as least, we're assuming it's a regular calcium kidney stone at the moment and not because of hormonal/genetics).

I wouldn't necessarily say it was a placebo...if you're taking in too much of X, feel sick, and then stop taking in so much of X, there's at least a correlation there, but not necessarily a causation.

^
my brother kept saying it for years that drinking Gatorade etc is the same as drinking water however I could never agree on that, you're taking in a lot more that you don't need.

Anyways, I just had a user saying her monitor is blank and isn't working, turns out she just had to turn it on :) Gotta love those easy calls

^
my brother kept saying it for years that drinking Gatorade etc is the same as drinking water however I could never agree on that, you're taking in a lot more that you don't need.

Anyways, I just had a user saying her monitor is blank and isn't working, turns out she just had to turn it on :) Gotta love those easy calls

PICNIC error eh? :p

Sounds like a cover up of them being mad because they wanted to scam them out of getting it replaced. If they didn't want to scam they wouldn't have been mad to begin with.

Pretty much :/ I got told "you threw money in the bin". Like yeah, sure I did :p wonder if I'll get in trouble for throwing out a broken power cord instead of setting the building on fire with it, could've gotten some tasty insurance money with that!

Electrolytes in Gatorade is fancy marketing for sugar and salt which almost anything out there has some form of sodium and sugar. You guys are going into left field to make it sound like drinking Gatorade is as bad as drinking soda which it certainly isn't.

For sure, I was only commenting on a gatorade-only intake vs normal water in response to krazy's brother and you saying that it's just a placebo

The DI on the bottle says it contains 450mg of sodium. Your DI is around 1000mg according to google, meaning you've already had half your daily recommended intake after just 1 bottle. Then there's even more salt in the food you eat. If you're only drinking gatorade to hydrate yourself, excess salt consumption is pretty much guaranteed and is unequivocally bad for you :p

Back
Top Bottom