Potentially the longest thread in history...

Been playing Civ VI, never played a Civ game before. Did about 20 minutes of the tutorial til it bugged out on me so I just went straight into a game and set the difficulty to 2nd or 3rd easiest, cant remember which.

I'm pretty much fumbling my way through so far. I'm never too sure what I should really be doing and when. Should I be making new cities ? which research should I be getting ? should I be declaring war ? I've seen there are a whole bunch of completely different victory conditions so I figure it depends what you wanna do. But still, i'm pretty unsure about quite a bit of it. Been in my first campaign 2 or 3 hours now and think I am doing okay. I had to use a trainer once because I had surprise war declared on me and was completely outnumbered in terms of units, so I used a trainer to set units to build in 1 turn :p
I'm a Civ veteran, been playing them since Civ II at 6 years old. Just finished my first game, played as Rome and it took bloody ages. Kinda wish I had a better CPU now :p

I've been really busy with college and work this past year, it's all I do now. I go to a community college so I'm not partying either haha. College is stressful, especially when your're horrible at math but wish to be a Mechanical Engineer.
:)

I've been really busy with college and work this past year, it's all I do now. I go to a community college so I'm not partying either haha. College is stressful, especially when your're horrible at math but wish to be a Mechanical Engineer.
:)

People will tell you "bah, wait till you get a job, that's stress"

Maybe sometimes but 90% of days I found highschool more stressful. Or maybe I am just older and it doesn't get to me as much, I can't tell.

People will tell you "bah, wait till you get a job, that's stress"

Maybe sometimes but 90% of days I found highschool more stressful. Or maybe I am just older and it doesn't get to me as much, I can't tell.

It's funny I have heard that a lot, but I without a doubt I feel college is waaay more stressful than a job. I work full time and go to college full time, when I leave work, work is over. When I leave school, it is on my mind 24/7, extremely stressful in my opinion (combined with working 40 hours).

Just a quick question.

What would be the best set up for a RAID on a Rack Server. I have one hear that supports 0, 1, 1E, 5 and 10 but I dont know the difference between them and unsure what to set up with my OS installation.

Pretty much. When you are at school/college you get home and have **** loads of stuff to do. There is an expectation of passing exams and doing well. At work you just get home and do what you want. I barely give work more than about 30 seconds thought when I get home, unless something major is going on. Ofc that all changes at management and especially SMT level.

I guess it's different. College is a continual moderate amount of stress. My job is 95% low or zero stress, but then 5% or so of very intense stress when we do IT projects that just can't go wronng, and if they do it totally ****s the company. Or something major goes wrong costing 10's of £K every day that we don't fix it.

Last edited:
It's funny I have heard that a lot, but I without a doubt I feel college is waaay more stressful than a job. I work full time and go to college full time, when I leave work, work is over. When I leave school, it is on my mind 24/7, extremely stressful in my opinion (combined with working 40 hours).

I finished my Masters a year and a half ago, and I still feel the guilty feeling that I should be doing coursework or studying.

I think it's telling that so far all you guys saying college was more stressful are all still pretty young with not many responsibilities :p if I fail at my job, I get fired and lose my only source of income, am no longer able to pay rent or phone bill or utility bills, and even simple things like looking after my dog become a stressful burden. College days got nothing on that lol

Back
Top Bottom