Potentially the longest thread in history...

Re: Today I have...

Duluth is beautiful however I'd never live there.
Super boring city

Come visit Leicester, the worlds biggest **** hole of a city. I have lived here for 22 years and I have never chosen to go into the city myself, i've only done so for one reason or another. It's really ****ty.

*** licking and dick sucking is a dead cert way to get a high up position. A certain colleague of mine when I joined 2 years ago was Senior Software Developer. Used to be one of the 'IT Lads'. Had a laugh, banter, etc. Then he got promoted to Software Manager, started going to quite a few business meetings, and yet continued to take the piss out of people that spent their life in meetings. And then before long he becamse Business Process & Software Dev Manager, at which point he was spending 2/3rds of every day in meetings, and yet still apparently tried to make out like he hated coorporate politics and meetings, when it was pretty obvious he was loving it. The change in him was pretty obvious, he was more uptight than usual, started to throw his weight around a bit more (trying to get me and others to do stuff, even though he wasn't our manager). Turned in to a complete yes man. If any director asked him for something, the answer was always "Yeah sure! no problem" and then he would quickly get one of us on the task. And now the CIO has left and he's been promoted into that position in a few weeks, so not only will he be my boss, but also my bosses boss. He's a smart guy, and he's a great assett to the business (he really knows the Industry inside out), so while he is actually suitable for the job, getting from developer to CIO in 2 years was 90% deep *** licking to everybody and anybody.
U jelly?

[emoji14]

Sent from my HTC One

Of the money, yes. Not so much the job. I like to sit in a quiet corner and work on hard technical problems all day. Not sit in meetings and crap all day.

Of the money, yes. Not so much the job. I like to sit in a quiet corner and work on hard technical problems all day. Not sit in meetings and crap all day.

I'm loving my job at the moment because that's all it is. I sit at my desk for 7.5hrs a day and try to figure **** out.

Yesterday I spent two hours trying to convert a cell record we got in HTML format (we normally get them in CSV) such that it could be processed automatically by our software for that. And it was great fun, a good challenge. I didn't manage to figure it out unfortunately, but I was solidly focused for two hours and it was great.

I'm loving my job at the moment because that's all it is. I sit at my desk for 7.5hrs a day and try to figure **** out.

Yesterday I spent two hours trying to convert a cell record we got in HTML format (we normally get them in CSV) such that it could be processed automatically by our software for that. And it was great fun, a good challenge. I didn't manage to figure it out unfortunately, but I was solidly focused for two hours and it was great.

Yeah, thats what i love about the tech side, you can spend hours working something out and its alot of fun and at the end you always learn new things! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom