Potentially the longest thread in history...

Story of my life. Since I now work in a shop from, I have lost count the number of time where i have upgrade an old PC, only to have the person come back about 1 month later asking for a quote on a new one instead.

Tell me about it, I had a windows 95 fiasco last week, a guy has been using windows 95 and he is a real skin flint, he needed a new computer desperately this computer was covered in grease an bits of curry. So i gave him a quote of £380 for a new machine all in but he still wasnt happy with it an said if i give you a real copy of windows can you use it, so i said yea. 2 days later i show up with a new computer an he pulls out a copy of windows 95 and i spent the next hour convincing him that windows 95 was out dated an it would be best he spent the money on a copy of windows XP pro... Not the best day for me i had to show him it wouldn't work, before he accepted i wasn't in his words trying to "Rip him off".

Currently I got the old woman from last week with the Windows 98 PC which my boss was fart arsing around with. She's currently purchasing a new PC.

LOL sounds like some of my family has been to see you guys. lol my mom used windows 98 and 95 until i built my Rig now she uses mine. which is a pain..... gaahh... lol but i should be getting around to building me a Triboot linux/xp/vista setup that'll have decent specs.

Currently I got the old woman from last week with the Windows 98 PC which my boss was fart arsing around with. She's currently purchasing a new PC.

My rule of thumb if it's running older than 2k sell them a new computer from the start.

hmmmmmm....... I am waiting for the mechanic to call me up. I want my car back.

My rule of thumb if it's running older than 2k sell them a new computer from the start.

Yeah. Normally you are pushing $#!+ up hill with any thing under 1Ghz. 2k is the right vintage for that.

Back
Top Bottom