Potentially the longest thread in history...

Yea I get that, I just haven't run into that situation yet. I mean, I just printed Thursday a 240mm fan grill with a 12mm clearance for a filter. Didn't think they would be any water cooling things out there but some people even upload entire cases to print.

The transformation is complete... 110% Apple Fanboy mode enabled.

m4OtZwP.jpg

What CAD software do you use ?

I tried some of the reccomended PC ones, but they were overwhelmingly complicated with 1000's of buttons everywhere and I really can't be bothered to learn them. I found a prosumer level app on iPad called Shapr3D that works great and is easy enough to learn. It's £250 a year though so it can do one once the trial is over :lol:

https://all3dp.com/1/best-free-3d-printing-software-3d-printer-program/

Learning curve is listed in the table as well.

I wouldn't say 110% until your mouse, keyboard, and monitor are all Apple lol.

I am getting the Apple keyboard for my bday on Friday lol. To tell the truth, this £20 one I got temporarily is actually good, so I'll take this one to my dads and leave it there so I have a Mac keyboard ready for when I stay over, and then keep the official Apple one here.

I will never get the Magic Mouse 2 because it's ergonomics offends me greatly. I am Apple fanboy, but I have limits.

And speakers :p.

Apple don't even make speakers :p Genelecs are probably the most Apple like speakers you can get. Expensive and metal unibody ;) the difference is Genelec are also top spec speakers, whereas you can always buy a gaming PC with better specs than a Mac.

And most definitely the stand.

Not gonna lie if I ever buy the $5k Apple display I would probably buy the stand with it. I had a look at good gas piston VESA arms and they're already hundreds of £'s themselves, so meh... may as well get the Apple one :lol:

So I've been using the MBP for several hours now. Loving nearly all of it, predictably.

Even MacOS is very nice - once I've installed a bunch of utilities and apps to give some better functionality anyway.

However one thing I've noticed is holy mother of RAM usage in MacOS. I quit all the proper apps and it was still using 7GB of RAM just through core MacOS stuff and the 6 or so background utilities I have (Wipr, BetterTouchTool, Swish, BetterSnapTool, etc). I browsed reddit for 10 minutes and my one Safari reddit tab used 1.2GB of RAM. I was using 10.5GB out of 16GB RAM just with 5 or so Safari tabs, Discord, Mail and Steam running. Maybe I shudder bought the 32GB RAM instead of 1TB Storage :(:(:(:(

edit:

Meh... I tried opening every app installed on the Mac. Pages, Keynote, Qbittorrent, Music, News, iTunes, GarageBand, 20 Safari tabs, plus half a dozen other things. It did max out the RAM, but I didn't notice any slow down, and Activity Monitor didn't say it was using any Swap Space on the SSD either. Not sure how it manages RAM, but it seems like it will use a lot when you're not really doing much, but if you do try and do a lot, it doesn't seem to panic and **** the bed either. Shrug.

Last edited:
How's the new kb compared to crappy butterfly style ones?

???. the 2019 still uses the fail prone Butterfly switches.

Feels fine to me, but I am not fussy on keyboards. Ive had 150 quid mechanical keyboards and dell rubber domes and everything in between. Spent the past 6 months using a £3 dell OEM keyboard :p

Im not bothered about the keyboard reliability, they have a 4 year repair and replace program for it. Feels fine to type on.

Back
Top Bottom