Potentially the longest thread in history...

Congrats yams!

So close to finally finishing this damn kitchen! Been a learning experience :p but god damn it's gonna be worth it.
https://imgur.com/a/u3LBs8K

Pretty good that ;)

I'm **** at DIY. Meanwhile my dad basically built our entire kitchen, did a huge piece of decking for our garden, built a pond filtration system, builds automatic doors and such for a chicken coup. He's like a DIY wizard.

I tried mounting a Vive tracking cube on the wall one and it took me about an hour an 17 different holes. :lol:

I got lucky, my dad was a handyman by trade so my first job for ~5 years was a mix of everything DIY. Haven't done a project this big before though, so there was a lot of screwing in then unscrewing and redoing lol.

Wish your dad was over here tho :p next project will be putting up the pergola & deck in a couple weeks, and adding a fish pond to the front for my aquaponics.

Welp, survived the wedding from this weekend; took a few extra days off work to unwind/help with the babby at home, and now I'm back.

Started my new job 2 weeks ago. Looking like I got the ol bait and switch at this place again and I'm going to probably go somewhere else once I'm moved out of my house.
Sold my drums and a lot of my guitar gear already and next up is my TV. Also offloaded my new Focus onto my ex and she took over payments since her card actually blew a headgasket. Got tired of working on it and said **** it, taught her how to drive a stick and saved myself 350 a month.

Still looks pretty awful I think :p when she's doing a ton of fast action like the spinning kick it's good, otherwise it looks like they're trying too hard to individually animate each hair on her head separately where it should act in clumps. Uncanny valley atm

So this was dropped and I'm glad somebody is finally giving the hair some much needed attention. Only problem is nobody can make a good game on Forstbite if their damn life depended on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQ-kR12kr4

When they don't mention FPS or the PC they used, there is a solid chance that entire scene was like 30fps on a Titan RTX or something stupid. Hair tech is cool but there are bigger fish to fry. I'd rather my transistors went towards better ray tracing than better hair.

Still looks pretty awful I think :p when she's doing a ton of fast action like the spinning kick it's good, otherwise it looks like they're trying too hard to individually animate each hair on her head separately where it should act in clumps. Uncanny valley atm

Meh, still looks much better than anything else out there. But like I said above, I bet this is nowhere near being able to implement in a game at reasonable performance with the same quality.

Raytracing only goes so far especially with current implementation. We still need other tech to scale up the fidelity in other areas like hair or we will continue to have ****ty looking globs like what we had in Skyrim.

Raytracing only goes so far especially with current implementation. We still need other tech to scale up the fidelity in other areas like hair or we will continue to have ****ty looking globs like what we had in Skyrim.

Yah I want like 100 bounce per pixel path tracing :p I hate ****ty hair but im pretty okay with the tech they use for Laras hair in Tomb Raider. Though it was an awful fps hit and hardly worth it to me.

By the way have you played that “A Plague Tale” game on Steam ? Has some really amazing looking lighting, probably better than RTX Metro tbh which kind of says a lot about the current crappy level of ray trace we're being given. That said I think the Plague game is semi static / baked lighting so not really fair.

Back
Top Bottom