Potentially the longest thread in history...

Depression for me is soul sucking in a way that plain apathy isn't, that's why imo there's still a need for both words. These days I wouldn't really say I'm that way anymore, but I'm still plenty lazy/apathetic about things :p my kitchen for example should've been finished weeks ago, but cause I can make do pretty easily without it, I'm a bit meh about putting in the time. I should prob finish it already -_- xD

Same. I really think we are WAY WAY behind on knowing about the brain. I feel like in 50/100 years all these bad attributes like apathy, depression will be recognised and understood and will be easily and quickly solveable. We will be a highly productive human race because noone will be anything other than happy, energetic and eager to work.

Actually that just makes us 1 step removed from robots. Maybe that would not be a good thing.

I think emotions act like a compass to point you towards what you really care about as dictated mainly by your subconscious. I don't think any advanced human race will ever not feel "sad" and only feel "happy", because one is entirely meaningless without the other. But I do think we'll get better at consciously recognising the unconscious sway our subconscious holds over our actions and thoughts. At the very least, advanced intelligence or more complicated neural connections might let us see more nuanced points of view more easily than we can now, giving us a better capability to grasp what we feel or value in the first place. It's gonna be a real weird world soon lol

Today I said goodbye to one of my oldest friends and mentors.

Last edited:
Sorry, sucks when people you like die. I'm not depressed. I think if people are clinically depressed get medicine and a doctor who can dose you correctly and maybe will balance out. For myself, my emotions were all over the map. Only thing that made it better, makes it better, was:

Had to stop drinking alcohol, cold turkey and forever.

After that, once my dopamine brain dried out and could breathe, I still have emotions, but I'm more confident even when they feel bad.

Lots of times we are sad when people die or we want to live a long time or die quickly or soon or have our relatives, but we can't.

I know it's hard, but try to be grateful. Once you are, the time you feel a negative emotion the most will switch over. Not to the current why me victim mentality, but the damn I have so much, so and so could be helped out of a jam if I do X thing. And you'll help others, make them the more important thing to yourself. I'll throw a video here, no judgement and if this is against rules sorry, not trying to offend just my point of view:

I'm so Pi***d its unreal. I cant breath. Sitting listening to the tunes on youtube.

For myself, my emotions were all over the map. Only thing that made it better, makes it better, was:

Had to stop drinking alcohol, cold turkey and forever.

I can't breath proper I've drank to much. I'm hyperventilation.

What made it better. How did you over come it.

EDIT: Did you face the cold light of day by any chance?

Last edited:
We've peaked as a civilisation.

RGB electronic height adjustable desk. 10/10.

giVlOP9qnjmMFuIr.jpg

That would make a ping pong table.

@spud most addicts call it rock bottom. It's a messed up part of life that is bad and you have to stop what you're addicted to, before you die or live a life without growth.

We've peaked as a civilisation.

RGB electronic height adjustable desk. 10/10.

giVlOP9qnjmMFuIr.jpg
I think the worst part about it is it's a ****ty standard lift desk with RGB attached to it that they want like 1200 bucks for. I paid 350 for my desk and 5 bucks for an RGB strip lol. Thermaltake has seriously lost touch with their customers and market.

My brother made some cool furniture out of regular wood from lowes cut into shape and designs by cnc. Then he fits them together like leggos and finished them, maybe glass top for a table or whatever else it needs, caster rollers idk. Spending over $1000 for any furniture, either a bed or leather couch only things worth it to me. If I'm spending $1000 on a desk it needs to also include a hot secretary.

My brother made some cool furniture out of regular wood from lowes cut into shape and designs by cnc. Then he fits them together like leggos and finished them, maybe glass top for a table or whatever else it needs, caster rollers idk. Spending over $1000 for any furniture, either a bed or leather couch only things worth it to me. If I'm spending $1000 on a desk it needs to also include a hot secretary.
But that hot secretary charges above the normal secretary rate for "special services"

Back
Top Bottom