Potentially the longest thread in history...

There have been some changes and shake-ups with my job/company of late. My now former manager jumped ship and went to our latest competitor along with two main support people and the top salesman for this part of the country. Said salesman is hitting up all kinds of mom and pop grocery stores and stealing them away from the company I work for... but my company has basically decided to walk away from mom and pop's in favor of the big chains/contracts anyway. And then a couple or three weeks ago the main salesman on the West coast jumped ship along with 20 or techs, plus a few others here and there. On recent conference calls the CEO says he is not going to talk about it, but then he proceeds to talk about it for 15 minutes.

My lead tech was asked if he wanted to step up as manager. He was planning on jumping ship as well but decided to talk with upper management about how he wanted to change things up in our territory, making these changes as part of him taking the job. They liked his ideas and so he is working into that position. He told me that he was working on getting me and some of the other techs who bust *** each and every day some more money.

Yesterday I spoke with my former former manager who is my temp manager until my former lead is up to speed (confused yet?). He filled me in on a couple of changes and that he was getting positive answers from upper management. One of these changes is them letting go of a tech in the territory just south of me. Once this happens I will be covering the north half of his territory which will double the stores I take care of.

This evening I got a call from my former lead/upcoming manager and our temp manager. They were happy to inform me that said raise came through to the tune of an extra $3.35/hour effective January 20. I am a happy camper. The extra territory won't be too big of a hassle as I have been covering it for the past month already. Basically this is incentive to keep me where I am so I don't jump ship is my former manager offers me a position with the competition. I like this kind of incentive.

There have been some changes and shake-ups with my job/company of late. My now former manager jumped ship and went to our latest competitor along with two main support people and the top salesman for this part of the country. Said salesman is hitting up all kinds of mom and pop grocery stores and stealing them away from the company I work for... but my company has basically decided to walk away from mom and pop's in favor of the big chains/contracts anyway. And then a couple or three weeks ago the main salesman on the West coast jumped ship along with 20 or techs, plus a few others here and there. On recent conference calls the CEO says he is not going to talk about it, but then he proceeds to talk about it for 15 minutes.

My lead tech was asked if he wanted to step up as manager. He was planning on jumping ship as well but decided to talk with upper management about how he wanted to change things up in our territory, making these changes as part of him taking the job. They liked his ideas and so he is working into that position. He told me that he was working on getting me and some of the other techs who bust *** each and every day some more money.

Yesterday I spoke with my former former manager who is my temp manager until my former lead is up to speed (confused yet?). He filled me in on a couple of changes and that he was getting positive answers from upper management. One of these changes is them letting go of a tech in the territory just south of me. Once this happens I will be covering the north half of his territory which will double the stores I take care of.

This evening I got a call from my former lead/upcoming manager and our temp manager. They were happy to inform me that said raise came through to the tune of an extra $3.35/hour effective January 20. I am a happy camper. The extra territory won't be too big of a hassle as I have been covering it for the past month already. Basically this is incentive to keep me where I am so I don't jump ship is my former manager offers me a position with the competition. I like this kind of incentive.

I dont know what hours you work but figure it is well over 40 hours a week. So, that's a pretty damn nice raise ! congrats !

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, Trots.

I got Employee of the Quarter yesterday for work on a high-profile project that I did work on in December (some late nights spent with a couple other devs [who also got EOTQ for it] were spent trying to get it done). So I got a neat plexiglass award with my name on it; a raise or bonus would have been more preferred, but oh well :p.

Been a piss-poor day so far. We had to get my wife's uncle's camper trailer that he lives in moved today. He had a car wreck on Christmas and is still in the hospital, and it looks like he won't be able to live out on his own for a while after he gets out (if ever). His lot rent is coming due by tomorrow so it was move it now or he would have to fork over the rent (which is almost a frigging house payment to me). The worst part is that it is pouring rain and has been all day. With the help of one of her cousins and his truck we got it moved out to behind my mom's house for now. All of us are now cold, wet, and miserable, not to mention wore out. And all of this was well before noon.

Time to go crawl into a hot bath and soak a while...

My good god. Just saw my overweight coworker at the urinal struggling to pull in / look over his belly so he could find his dick :S HURGH m8...if you cannot find your lil man, it's time to cut back on the twinkies.

My good god. Just saw my overweight coworker at the urinal struggling to pull in / look over his belly so he could find his dick :S HURGH m8...if you cannot find your lil man, it's time to cut back on the twinkies.

Eh I call bs on that story. Who the **** needs to be able to see a body part to hold it with their hand. I cant see my *******, doesnt stop me knowing exactly where it is.

Maybe my interpretation of what it *looked* like he was doing was off I'll grant :p either way he was struggling to see something down there for some reason and having trouble doing so due to his girth, checking clearance and aim'd be my guess cause it's a small *** urinal

Anyone know any good options for a MBP alternative? Management have been getting really pissed off over the last year and are finally considering jumping ship to something else. They've got the latest i9 MBPs with a $10k price tag atm so cost isn't really a factor for them.

Anyone know any good options for a MBP alternative? Management have been getting really pissed off over the last year and are finally considering jumping ship to something else. They've got the latest i9 MBPs with a $10k price tag atm so cost isn't really a factor for them.

The Razer Blades might be up their alley. They have decent specs, great form factor, and a similar good look.

Back
Top Bottom