Potentially the longest thread in history...

Genuinely thinking of ripping out my bedroom and setting up a network in their. Considering I live in a bed sit I will have chances being little to no furniture in my flat.

I've wanted to do this for a few years but the only thing stopping me is people coming to my property or even officials of some sort.

I desperately want to do this and in fact turn my full house \ flat \ property in to some sort of command centre (slash) \ man cave. Get Ubuntu up and running on another server I have spotted on Gumtree running 32Gib of DDR3 RAM and basically turn my full house in to network set-up of systems.

Put it this way I'll be sleeping on the floor when I'm finished because I have a separate room what is conjoined to the living room.

I'm looking at running a minimum of 20+ systems + servers on top. All the space in my house taken up.

Completely ripping the full thing out. You can get job-lots of systems on ebay for a few hundred pounds. Dedicated monitors, towers, servers, running more KVM Switches. Nice desk, surge protection. The full whack.

Another way to put it would be my systems would light up my property in dark hours with the amount of monitors I would be running.

Running SETI or some other DC project. I have other things I do as well, but man could you imagine having surge protection running up the walls, dedicated TVs with KVM Switches wall mounted.

Maybe even 25+ systems. I don't know.

Seriously I might do this. :p ..

Well my keyboard and mouse just died being wireless. Mind you it did get hammered and I got my moneys worth out if it. Sitting hear with a back up wired set.

Also how many people actually do that. Hammer their hardware until it dies. Like seriously, run their kit 24 7 and totally get their moneys worth out of it.

Since I bought that GPU for SETI its been running 24 7 on my quad core system. :lol:

EDIT: Top 5% people. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom