Potentially the longest thread in history...

Today we had:

NAS die
Proxy die (was hosted on the nas for some reason)
Outlook die cause it caches its connection even when you change/update it.
NVR die (well, internal hdd)

MAYNE. What a rush.

how do i take part

I hear you creep up and jump on someone from behind while yelling SURPRISE BUTTSECKS

See how it goes and report back? :neutral:

Can I ask why?

Also with out trying to sound stupid, why are they so expensive? Do you know anything about the cards or say even the 2080Ti. I have no information on them other than the whacking price tag and Nvidia changed its line from GTX to RTX.

Do you know much about them?

Can I ask why?

Also with out trying to sound stupid, why are they so expensive? Do you know anything about the cards or say even the 2080Ti. I have no information on them other than the whacking price tag and Nvidia changed its line from GTX to RTX.

Do you know much about them?
I know pretty much everything there is to know about them. I'm not upgrading because it's not enough performance boost for another 2400 bucks compared to what I currently have. They're priced so high because Nvidia is banking on the new tech that can't be utilized yet to sell these cards and because they have no competition from AMD currently and won't for another year at the least.

I know pretty much everything there is to know about them. I'm not upgrading because it's not enough performance boost for another 2400 bucks compared to what I currently have. They're priced so high because Nvidia is banking on the new tech that can't be utilized yet to sell these cards and because they have no competition from AMD currently and won't for another year at the least.

Arn't the actual GPU die's huge too - which makes them more expensive ?

Today we had:

NAS die
Proxy die (was hosted on the nas for some reason)
Outlook die cause it caches its connection even when you change/update it.
NVR die (well, internal hdd)

MAYNE. What a rush.

I hear you creep up and jump on someone from behind while yelling SURPRISE BUTTSECKS

See how it goes and report back? :neutral:

Didn't work, got punched and tazered by 3 cops.

Arn't the actual GPU die's huge too - which makes them more expensive ?

Didn't work, got punched and tazered by 3 cops.
They have had huge dies in comparison in the past. I mean Quadros are rebrands with ECC and they have a ridiculous premium. There's really no excuse to price them the way they are with comparison to the 10 series.

I actually cancelled my pre-order, total waste of money right now for 2000 series cards.
This is why you shouldn't pre-order lol. I was set on a 2070 for my VR rig but I've seen 1080s go as low as 350 locally from miners. Won't waste my money.

Hey, I been sitting on a 750Ti for YEARS now, and the recent GPU shortage left me desperate... Gonna see what the 2050Ti looks like compared to 1xxx cards and go from there I suppose.

I would like some 4k 60FPS consistency that a 2080Ti would mostly achieve, but nah, not at that price, and not having just spent about 5 grand in the past 6 months.

Back
Top Bottom