Potentially the longest thread in history...

Fair.

Everytime I try overclocking it just annoys me. At some point down the line I always end up with stability issues even with really mild overclocks. I saw a bunch of 2700x overclocking benchmarks and to be honest from what I saw, game FPS didn't even increase most of the time because so many of the games were dependent on one or two cores, and the 2700x turbo's up high anyway across that many cores.
That's because Ryzen doesn't OC the same way most folks are used to OCing processors. Ryzen's inherent problem is and probably always will be the fabric between the cores (literally) due to it's CCX structure. I realized that raw core speed on my platform wasn't too much of a defining factor but instead cache and RAM. Same can be said for Ryzen really, as faster RAM will help increase FPS rather than core speed like upping my cache mesh. Problem there is you can only go so far because Ryzen still doesn't like insanely high RAM speeds unlike Intel's stuff. On my chip I can easily do 3600 and the 9800x I'm assuming will be able to handle 4000 like the 8700k and 9900k. Another funny thing is quad channel actually slows gaming/benchmark performance down as it adds latency. So I dropped back down to dual. Ryzen also doesn't like dual bank DIMMs. Ever since I left my 3960x behind I stopped caring too much about platform specific performance details as it was "fast enough" but once I started digging around I got back up to speed pretty quickly. Another thing here is, IPC is still key and despite how good Ryzen is on lower resolutions single thread still counts.

Welp I've had my motorcycle for a year now already. Time flies

Went to my local shop and convenience store last night and bumped in to an old school friend. I was telling my cousin about this earlier on. I was standing scratching a lotto ticket and had a bag of energy drinks I had purchased in their.

She says hey, and so we got talking and she asks if I'm married or are in a relationship. I said no. Says no kids either and I said no.

She says every time I have seen you in recent times you have been buying energy drinks and on the odd occasion I have seen you with a lotto scratcher.

She looks at me and says; "What Happened."

I walked out of that shop nearly crying. My face dropped and I came home and went to bed. Lost interest last night on the computer and sat sat their gutted, depressed and miserable.

So yeah, I get this comment very much. :(

Last edited:
Went to my local shop and convenience store last night and bumped in to an old school friend. I was telling my cousin about this earlier on. I was standing scratching a lotto ticket and had a bag of energy drinks I had purchased in their.

She says hey, and so we got talking and she asks if I'm married or are in a relationship. I said no. Says no kids either and I said no.

She says every time I have seen you in recent times you have been buying energy drinks and on the odd occasion I have seen you with a lotto scratcher.

She looks at me and says; "What Happened."

I walked out of that shop nearly crying. My face dropped and I came home and went to bed. Lost interest last night on the computer and sat sat their gutted, depressed and miserable.

So yeah, I get this comment very much. :(
I kinda had a similar moment a few years ago when an old old high school friend I hadn't seen in probably 12 years said "man Cory, you haven't changed a bit". Didn't know what to make of it because a lot has changed. So I get it.

Welp I've had my motorcycle for a year now already. Time flies

Time to upgrade to a Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale.

5b47dfccf0d89d3dfb7e5546.jpg

Time to upgrade to a Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale.

5b47dfccf0d89d3dfb7e5546.jpg

:lol:

Mayyyy be not. Even then, I'd still stick with Yamaha most likely and just get an R1 or FZ-01.

I do kinda want a little Honda Grom tho, just bc it's smaller/lighter and would be perfect for back and forth to work and seems like it'd be fun to just buzz around town on.

There's a Ducati shop just behind where I live, and a mahooosive bike meetup (100+) around it and the train station every Wednesday. Still wouldn't buy one :p

I just don't like the moto culture, seems to me like a bunch of dudes trying to compensate for something :p very rare to meet a biker who's as cocky off the bike as on it

I just don't like the moto culture, seems to me like a bunch of dudes trying to compensate for something :p very rare to meet a biker who's as cocky off the bike as on it

Eurgh what a tired analogy, people have been saying this for 50 years :p

People buy bikes because it's the cheapest way to go really fast, avoid traffic, and get a thrill like nothing else whenever you want it. That's all there is to it, no one wakes up and goes "I have a small dick, I guess I should buy a motorbike" - that makes no sense. Also yeah, the majority of moto riders who do it for fun rather than easy commuting will be cocky, often just because they like the thrill rather than because they think they're amazing (though undoubtedly some riders do think they're amazing). I ride fast and cocky, but i'm aware i'm pretty **** at riding motorbikes compared to some others. It's like wealthy people that buy a sports car as a secondary car. They didn't buy it to drive slowly, they bought it to drive like a prick, and anyone who says otherwise is lieing, everyone knows it from the owner to the police and to the government, but it's just an unspoken thing that people ignore... Why would you buy a Porsche 911 if you're going to drive it sensibly ? you wouldn't. Same for bikes. You don't need any more than 20hp on a bike to ride at normal safe speeds. And yet vast majority of bikes on the roads are 100hp+. In the UK the best selling bikes are the 1000cc 200hp+ sports bikes. So yeah, we all know how those bikes are being ridden.

It will naturally attract a certain type of person admittedly. Basically the kind of person who likes a rush and isn't too concerned about breaking the law. Not gonna lie, it's rare that I come back from a ride out having gone any less than 120 mph at least once. But there is a time and a place to do it, and that place is not through a town or village. It's on a straight empty back road with no junctions and noone around. And now my controversial comment: I just don't think speeding on a bike is half as bad as speeding in a car :p It's way easier to avoid hitting stuff on a bike, and if you do hit something, the only person who is gonna get hurt is you, the car will just get a big dent :lol:

Also fun fact: The class of car drivers with the lowest incident of car crashes, is drivers who are also motorcyclists :p. Riding definitely made me a better driver.

Last edited:
Eurgh what a tired analogy, people have been saying this for 50 years :p

People buy bikes because it's the cheapest way to go really fast, avoid traffic, and get a thrill like nothing else whenever you want it. That's all there is to it, no one wakes up and goes "I have a small dick, I guess I should buy a motorbike" - that makes no sense. Also yeah, the majority of moto riders who do it for fun rather than easy commuting will be cocky, often just because they like the thrill rather than because they think they're amazing (though undoubtedly some riders do think they're amazing). I ride fast and cocky, but i'm aware i'm pretty **** at riding motorbikes compared to some others. It's like wealthy people that buy a sports car as a secondary car. They didn't buy it to drive slowly, they bought it to drive like a prick, and anyone who says otherwise is lieing, everyone knows it from the owner to the police and to the government, but it's just an unspoken thing that people ignore... Why would you buy a Porsche 911 if you're going to drive it sensibly ? you wouldn't. Same for bikes. You don't need any more than 20hp on a bike to ride at normal safe speeds. And yet vast majority of bikes on the roads are 100hp+. In the UK the best selling bikes are the 1000cc 200hp+ sports bikes. So yeah, we all know how those bikes are being ridden.

It will naturally attract a certain type of person admittedly. Basically the kind of person who likes a rush and isn't too concerned about breaking the law. Not gonna lie, it's rare that I come back from a ride out having gone any less than 120 mph at least once. But there is a time and a place to do it, and that place is not through a town or village. It's on a straight empty back road with no junctions and noone around. And now my controversial comment: I just don't think speeding on a bike is half as bad as speeding in a car :p It's way easier to avoid hitting stuff on a bike, and if you do hit something, the only person who is gonna get hurt is you, the car will just get a big dent :lol:

Also fun fact: The class of car drivers with the lowest incident of car crashes, is drivers who are also motorcyclists :p. Riding definitely made me a better driver.
And that's why he's right.

Back
Top Bottom