Potentially the longest thread in history...

It's 2018, I think the majority of companies are **** these days. They often seem good for the first 6 to 12 months, but as you work their longer and start to discover how the unit really operates, the **** reveals itself.

It's 2018, I think the majority of companies are **** these days. They often seem good for the first 6 to 12 months, but as you work their longer and start to discover how the unit really operates, the **** reveals itself.

Generally true, and I'm not gonna say this place is a complete exception, but it's actually not bad. Lots of techie people have been here 6+ years, could earn a LOT more elsewhere, and are sticking around because they like the company and the people here.

Maybe I'm not looking deep enough into this, but seriously wtf is Intel doing right now?

Why the hell is the 9800x a 165W TDP part with a 600MHz lower boost clock than the 95W part that is 5GHz (9900k)?
The only established difference I can see is PCI-E lanes, 512KB extra cache, quad channel RAM, and AVX-512. Does that really justify lower clocks and almost 100W more difference? Don't think so from my experience with the 7800x. Like I don't get it, and this chip will probably be 50-75 more on average while having the same damn core count. Like I feel to get 44 lanes I'm being gipped in price and clock speed compared to the mainstream gamers.

Maybe I'm not looking deep enough into this, but seriously wtf is Intel doing right now?

Why the hell is the 9800x a 165W TDP part with a 600MHz lower boost clock than the 95W part that is 5GHz (9900k)?
The only established difference I can see is PCI-E lanes, 512KB extra cache, quad channel RAM, and AVX-512. Does that really justify lower clocks and almost 100W more difference? Don't think so from my experience with the 7800x. Like I don't get it, and this chip will probably be 50-75 more on average while having the same damn core count. Like I feel to get 44 lanes I'm being gipped in price and clock speed compared to the mainstream gamers.

Come to the darkside... I've recently decided Intel are a loser wannabe company who apply an undeserved premium tax to their products but for no particular reason other than having some ****ty monopoly. They're a pretty crappy tech company. I've seen them try to enter a bunch of markets and just fail. AMD are pretty **** too but atleast their crap is priced somewhat nicely.

I have the same opinion of Nvidia, pretty much a scumbag company. Difference is AMD don't offer any GPU that is atleast somewhat competitve so I don't have much of a choice. Atleast the 2700x is in the same ballpark as the nicer Intel CPU's.

Come to the darkside... I've recently decided Intel are a loser wannabe company who apply an undeserved premium tax to their products but for no particular reason other than having some ****ty monopoly. They're a pretty crappy tech company. I've seen them try to enter a bunch of markets and just fail. AMD are pretty **** too but atleast their crap is priced somewhat nicely.

I have the same opinion of Nvidia, pretty much a scumbag company. Difference is AMD don't offer any GPU that is atleast somewhat competitve so I don't have much of a choice. Atleast the 2700x is in the same ballpark as the nicer Intel CPU's.
I don't think even an overclocked 2700x can come close to my current CPU in terms of gaming performance. I've looked long and hard at the differences and have played with Ryzen quite a bit in person. If I was still on 4k it would be a no brainer and I'd go TR2 but I'm not and want the high framerates.

I don't think even an overclocked 2700x can come close to my current CPU in terms of gaming performance. I've looked long and hard at the differences and have played with Ryzen quite a bit in person. If I was still on 4k it would be a no brainer and I'd go TR2 but I'm not and want the high framerates.

Can't even come close ? what OC you running ? :confused:

I play at 4K so it makes meh amounts of difference to me anyway.

Can't even come close ? what OC you running ? :confused:

I play at 4K so it makes meh amounts of difference to me anyway.
I'm at 5.1 with a cache clock of 3600 and no AVX offset. I'm stomping friends 8700ks at same core clock. My daily used to be a 4.8 and I was still getting far better results than my friends 2700x and he has 3600MHz RAM (running at 3200). The 9800x is clocked higher than my 7800x and is soldered so I'm pretty sure I could go higher with it (using same monoblock). My tweaks of cache mesh and not using an offset anymore gained me 40fps that I've noticed right away in Destiny 2 (was hovering around 170, now I'm between 190 and 210 depending on scene). Ironically the tower before was sitting between 40 and 70 and now it's around 120-130. The differences were outstanding once I properly sat down to learn this platform. Honestly I really wish I had the funds for something like the 9900x but the 9800x has the highest base out of the box.

I'm at 5.1 with a cache clock of 3600 and no AVX offset. I'm stomping friends 8700ks at same core clock. My daily used to be a 4.8 and I was still getting far better results than my friends 2700x and he has 3600MHz RAM (running at 3200). The 9800x is clocked higher than my 7800x and is soldered so I'm pretty sure I could go higher with it (using same monoblock). My tweaks of cache mesh and not using an offset anymore gained me 40fps that I've noticed right away in Destiny 2 (was hovering around 170, now I'm between 190 and 210 depending on scene). Ironically the tower before was sitting between 40 and 70 and now it's around 120-130. The differences were outstanding once I properly sat down to learn this platform. Honestly I really wish I had the funds for something like the 9900x but the 9800x has the highest base out of the box.

Fair.

Everytime I try overclocking it just annoys me. At some point down the line I always end up with stability issues even with really mild overclocks. I saw a bunch of 2700x overclocking benchmarks and to be honest from what I saw, game FPS didn't even increase most of the time because so many of the games were dependent on one or two cores, and the 2700x turbo's up high anyway across that many cores.

Back
Top Bottom