Potentially the longest thread in history...

Just on what feels like my yearly visit to the forums, nothing to see here :angel:

It was my birthday yesterday, and as always, it's so nice to get that techist email wishing me a happy birthday. Always makes me want to come back and say hi.

I'm loving Kamikaze and Lucky You, especially the reference to Fack in Kamikaze, definitely feels like old Eminem. The rest does feel a bit vanilla though. Not bad by any means, but not what you go to Eminem for [emoji38]
Hi
And Happy Birthday!

Thanks! Start my masters in a couple of weeks, moving in with my gf for the first time. Life's moving pretty fast. How's everyone been?

Thanks! Start my masters in a couple of weeks, moving in with my gf for the first time. Life's moving pretty fast. How's everyone been?

I dont think we've personally spoke very much as I dont recall ever having any conversations really but I wanted to reply with, moving in with your GF for the first time in regards to your comment. Seriously good luck with that.

I've had my cousin stop with me for like two weeks and its hell. I cant stand it. I want my space back and I want my house back. I dont care any more. I want her out. Her circumstances are not my problem. I hate it. Its double for everything. Cigarettes, food, toiletrys and even sleeping you have to be carfull when you are in a given property with another person when it comes to being quiet and constantly tip toeing around. Making something to eat is another thing as well. Cooking for two. I dont care any more I want rid of her. She can get out tomorrow for all I care.

Anyways back on track. I'm just saying, its a big commitment and I wish you all the happiness I can and god speed.

Me personally, I cant stand it. Living with someone else.

I remember speaking to you before, but its easier for me to remember, seeing as i'm not here much.

Yeah that's always the worry, but I've been with her for 3 years now, we've probably passed the point of annoying each other too much. But hey, ask me again in a couple of months 😂
I suppose its different when its by choice though. Can you not get them to do stuff around the house? I've had housemates i didn't like, but the rule of 'the cook never cleans' always applied, for example.

She does stuff around the house \ flat \ property, but its small and we are on top of each other all the time.

I cook, she does the dishes. She makes the beds and I do the shopping again for example.

But my property or flat as you will is small and I like my freedom tbh. I like leaving the bathroom door open when I'm taking a wizz for example but I have to constantly be mindful that theirs a woman whom I'm obviously not in a relationship with in the house being a cousin.

Its hard going when its this close and you are on top of each other.

She gets paid monthly from her income and gives me for food and heating ect. Money. But I like being alone. I just love the freedom.

Cooking and doing the shopping for two is not what I have ever done before .

I have lived alone for 10 years almost and I want it back. :(

I've been married going on 32 years. We didn't live together beforehand so it was a crash course but we made it through. There is a huge difference between a relative living with you and a spouse/significant other, such as conjugal privileges and such.

I do know what you mean though, Spud. My mother-in-law has lived with us for the past ten years. Our house is big enough that we aren't all rubbing elbows but sometimes you just want to be alone, or at least alone with your spouse.

I've been married going on 32 years. We didn't live together beforehand so it was a crash course but we made it through. There is a huge difference between a relative living with you and a spouse/significant other, such as conjugal privileges and such.

I do know what you mean though, Spud. My mother-in-law has lived with us for the past ten years. Our house is big enough that we aren't all rubbing elbows but sometimes you just want to be alone, or at least alone with your spouse.
Me and the wife never lived together either, more due religion.
However we didn't have any issues at all. It's been 6 years and it's been great. We first lived with my parents for a year so she'd get Comfortable and closer to the family which my brother did too.
My parents are super chill however I was ready to be alone

I have lived alone for 10 years almost and I want it back. :(

I get that, i was living with 2 friends at uni, and as fun as that can be, i needed to have what felt like my own house. The gf is pretty chill, if i need my own space i get it. Plus with both of us doing masters, we'll be too busy to get in each others way i imagine.

How long is she there for? Day of freedom on the horizon? 😂

And it's encouraging to see it went well for the two of you, hope i can last that long.

I personally have never lived alone, as in completely by myself. When I moved out of my parents house I was living with my best friend at the time with his parents. Then lived with my gf who had my son for 5 years, then the next gf for 5 years. In the middle of that we split for a bit and I got a place with a good friend. He still lives with me, and when this gf moves into her own apartment (she's here temp to find a better place since she got kicked out of her rental) I still won't really be alone.
It's ok though, I couldn't really ask for a better roommate. Lord knows he's been a better housemate than my 2 ex's over the past 10 years. The only thing I could ask for is if he vacuumed more or lit a damn candle :lol: Dude's room smells like straight musk right now.

My new gf though, oooof. Anybody date a Latina before? A GOOD one? She gets mad if I try to help clean. I'm not used to this. :omg:
There's a lot more, but if I can fix my flaws and manage to keep this one around ol PP is considering marriage. Yea, you read that right. Not the legal kind as I'm still quite against that with the government side of it and all (we both agreed against that) but ringing up that finger though. :cool:
Now before you go dude you're crazy, chill a bit, I have to explain to those not in the know. I've been friends with her for 3 years, she's been my best friend for over a year, and let's be real we've basically been together since March. Most importantly I found out some important info last night I'm not at liberty to share that absolutely blew my mind. It also made me feel like a ginormous *******. This one's a ****in keeper.

^Got a pic of you both? :D

I've never lived alone either, grew up in a small house with 8 other kids so space was always...limited. Most of my childhood I shared a room with 1 or 2 other kids, then when I first moved out it was into a shared house with my then gf and a couple mates. Moved back home when we split and moved out with my little bro when I bought my current place.

With that said, there are quite a few days I get the house to myself these days, and I find the quiet flips between relaxing and depressing depending on my mood. Most of the time it's excellent, but sometimes you do want company :/ glad I have my furry bud in those times

Back
Top Bottom