Potentially the longest thread in history...

Unfortunately she's not rich, but she does come with plenty of love. I'm with my chick best friend now. On the flip side, she does have a career and her head screwed on straight. So instead of having full financial burden like I always have I'll have help.

May sound super fast to those that don't know what's been going on, but I've been done with my previous relationship since January. We've essentially been dating all summer and made it "official" a couple weeks ago.
Woot woot!
Why deal with more insomnia if you're in a better relationship?
Unless that means you'll be staying up later more now getting in on some...

Woot woot!
Why deal with more insomnia if you're in a better relationship?
Unless that means you'll be staying up later more now getting in on some...
Because of our schedule differences and the fact that her kids go to another school. She (being a badass mother) gets up at 5:45am to make a big breakfast for the kiddos and takes her kids to school. When she's here she will help me by getting Ezio ready but I still have to get up to take him to school in the morning and it's hard for me to go back to sleep. Past 2 days I've gotten up at 6:30 to get him ready and take him to school but when I get back I can't fall back asleep. So it's gonna screw my sleep schedule pretty bad. Not a deal breaker though, I'll get in a routine.

You work night shift or something? I get up at 5:29am every morning every day, unless I happen to be particularly hungover on the weekend in which case it's more like 6:30, usually in bed by 10pm tho

I work second shift weekends. So I normally get home anywhere between 11:30pm and 12:30am, then I have to be back up at 6:30am and hope I can sleep till my alarm goes off at 11am.

I work second shift weekends. So I normally get home anywhere between 11:30pm and 12:30am, then I have to be back up at 6:30am and hope I can sleep till my alarm goes off at 11am.

I remember doing graveyard shift at DHL years back. 10pm til 6am. It sucked, but atleast I didn't have a house or kids to think about.

My shift pattern now is 5 weeks of Days (0900-1730), a week of Lates (1400-2200), and then two weeks of Nights (2200-0600). I then get a week off, gratis.

My shift pattern now is 5 weeks of Days (0900-1730), a week of Lates (1400-2200), and then two weeks of Nights (2200-0600). I then get a week off, gratis.

Mine starts somewhere between 8 and 9 AM, depending on how motivated I am that morning (sometimes later). It goes until I get home be it noon or sometime the next day. It is usually Monday through Friday but I occasionally get called in for emergency calls on the weekend. If I have a lot of hours by Friday (40+) and no calls are pending then I can go on "standby" and take the day off unless a call comes in.

Have you looked at upworks?
Plus being from the UK I didn't think you'd need a visa

He actually has to have a visa if he plans to stay longer than 90 days, or to do ANY work in the USA. This means the company would have to apply for him as a sponsor, and prove they can't find anyone with his skill set that is affordable.

Immigration into the USA, legally, is more difficult than it should be. My woman is in the UK, and dear god it's been a PITA to go about things legally, and will be a pain the next 5+ years at least since she doesn't have a skill set that our government considers "vital".

He actually has to have a visa if he plans to stay longer than 90 days, or to do ANY work in the USA. This means the company would have to apply for him as a sponsor, and prove they can't find anyone with his skill set that is affordable.

Immigration into the USA, legally, is more difficult than it should be. My woman is in the UK, and dear god it's been a PITA to go about things legally, and will be a pain the next 5+ years at least since she doesn't have a skill set that our government considers "vital".
I guess I thought UK would be easier
I had to do the whole immigration thing for my wife... Was a pain however I'm thankful that it is all done and she has her passport now

The EU has all sorts of freedom of movement, Schengen zone etc, so it's actually pretty easy for anybody to move around the EU and work somewhere else in the EU. It's good for genuine workers, but it is not without it's controversy.

Back
Top Bottom