Potentially the longest thread in history...

Recently I did the presentation in Power Point, and I couldn't find suitable subjects. I have come across this website https://www.templatemonster.com/powerpoint-templates.php. It has a lot of PowerPoint themes and you can use it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice man. How does one get an 80% pay bump over what I am sure is already very competitive rates at SpaceX :eek:

Damn I wish stuff like this existed over here... I've been looking for a new job recently, and i've seen a Cisco CCNE job looks for 5+ years senior networking experience, offering $35k per year. That is crazily bad money for that level of qualification and experience.

I mean, i'm not suggesting I have any right to earn anything like you earn because I don't have half of the qualifications you do. But even if I did, the pay is comparatively way worse. I am quite happy just having an average IT job, I am not one of these people like yourself that wants to work super hard all the time to earn more and more money. I am happy with a decent wage, I would love a six figure salary but i'm not willing to put in all the effort - it's not worth that much to me [emoji14] I am a chillllllllllled person xD I work my 37.5 hours a week..and half of those hours I am not working particularly hard lol.

edit:

DAMN I need to find a new job so badly. I have an interview for tomorrow, I was going to not bother but now I figure I will go. I have had enough of my boss. He is always super critical. No matter how much I improve, he finds some tiny thing to complain about and make me improve on. What pisses me off is he always used to question how much I talk to my colleagues, well now I don't say a word all day so he's had to find a new thing to complain about and he's decided I need to "own my work more" whatever the **** that means. But the irony is he arrived 25 minutes ago and all he's done so far is talk about the fantasy football league with my other colleague. But that's fine apparently. If I did that he'd hang me from the rafters.
35k dollars or pounds?
If it's dollars then you really do need to leave.
I've never had issues with my managers but if I had one like yours I would br looking for a new place.
There's plenty of other jobs out there

Dang
Have you ever thought about moving?
We're hiring someone to take my spot who will make around 60k
And that will be for doing level 3 help desk but it's a small company so they'll be doing a lot more.
Usually level 1 make around 35k over here.
Since our company is doing a makeover we have a lot of contractors now who specialize in certain areas and they make about $100-150 AN HOUR!

I looked but its super difficult, basically have to get a company to give you a job offer and commit to sponsoring your move over to the US, only then will the gov give out a work visa to immigrants.

I looked but its super difficult, basically have to get a company to give you a job offer and commit to sponsoring your move over to the US, only then will the gov give out a work visa to immigrants.
Have you looked at upworks?
Plus being from the UK I didn't think you'd need a visa

The company I'm going to be working for has a presence in the UK.
https://www.raytheon.com/uk

Get your foot in the door there, you can basically move anywhere.

My long-term plan is to get into wireless planning on the professional services and training end of things, so I may end up going all over the place. Trainers at this company are in the £50-80k bracket, so that should be a good springboard for me getting more elsewhere.

The company I'm going to be working for has a presence in the UK.
https://www.raytheon.com/uk

Get your foot in the door there, you can basically move anywhere.

Ooooo raytheon. An old family friend used to work their programming radar equipment about 20 or 30 years ago, even back then he earned about 2x what I earn now. Defence companies always pay well. I remember him saying they needed to post him overseas to Italy for a year long contract, and the deal was he kept his UK Salary and it was also matched by the salary of their workers in Italy. So he basically got two full time salaries. But that was quite a while ago when software engineers of that skill level were few and far between and had actual hardcore computer science + mathematics backgrounds :p

So after everything that's been done, I'm sitting here just thinking about how my life is now going to be completely different. My insomnia is going to get worse, my moods worse, and my job changed eventually in the near future. Sigh

So after everything that's been done, I'm sitting here just thinking about how my life is now going to be completely different. My insomnia is going to get worse, my moods worse, and my job changed eventually in the near future. Sigh

Well, as they say, you never know what is around the corner. You might meet your lifelong soulmate later today, and she could be rich and you won't even need to work.

Well, as they say, you never know what is around the corner. You might meet your lifelong soulmate later today, and she could be rich and you won't even need to work.
Unfortunately she's not rich, but she does come with plenty of love. I'm with my chick best friend now. On the flip side, she does have a career and her head screwed on straight. So instead of having full financial burden like I always have I'll have help.

May sound super fast to those that don't know what's been going on, but I've been done with my previous relationship since January. We've essentially been dating all summer and made it "official" a couple weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom