Potentially the longest thread in history...

I tried my hand at some cell phone repair yesterday. My backup phone is my old Zenfone 2. I used it for a couple of years and my wife abused it for over a year (she likes to game on her phone), so the battery life was less than half of the original. I ordered a replacement battery for it and swapped out the "non-replaceable" battery. All in all it wasn't bad. Removing the metal tray from the battery itself was a bear as I had to be careful because the tray houses the SIM card readers as well as the microSD card slot.

Once I reassembled the phone I tried booting it but got nada. Disassembled it and worked on making sure the metal tray was nice and flat on the battery and then reseated all the connections. This time it booted right up. I put the phone back into storage as I am using my new Honor 7X but if and when it is needed it should be good to go.

Working the bank holiday today. Double pay, half the work, quiet environment. Dream job!

^ #1 reason I want to move to a larger company. All the small ones here try to shaft you with no overtime pay, holidays you get time in lieu. Even 1.5 would be nice :p

edit: also I found this, and I can't recommend it highly enough: https://github.com/sdias/win-10-virtual-desktop-enhancer
Different wallpapers per desktop, scroll on the taskbar to switch between desktops, set custom desktop names, move windows/programs between desktops without needing a mouse, it's excellent. Virtual desktops in Win10 were good, but this makes it so much more usable.

Last edited:
^ lots of things, but mainly:
My girlfriend lives in Tucson (we met at SpaceX)
My Masters is at UofA in Tucson
I get to stay in the defense / aerospace industry with this new job (working with engineers is great)
This gets me a clearance
HUGE pay bump (80%!)
10 less hours a week

Sure, I won't be a part of SpaceX launching humans into space, but you can sure bet I'll be flying to the Cape for viewing that first launch :tongue:

All in all I think it's going to be a correct move long term. Short term I'll miss the excitement of SpaceX, but.. eh.

^ lots of things, but mainly:
My girlfriend lives in Tucson (we met at SpaceX)
My Masters is at UofA in Tucson
I get to stay in the defense / aerospace industry with this new job (working with engineers is great)
This gets me a clearance
HUGE pay bump (80%!)
10 less hours a week

Sure, I won't be a part of SpaceX launching humans into space, but you can sure bet I'll be flying to the Cape for viewing that first launch :tongue:

All in all I think it's going to be a correct move long term. Short term I'll miss the excitement of SpaceX, but.. eh.
Well Congrats and good luck.
I'd love to move to a warm place someday

Back
Top Bottom