Potentially the longest thread in history...

Got my PA32UC monitor yesterday !

Love it, it's really awesome. The quality of the panel is freaking immaculate. The color, gamma tracking, screen uniformity are all excellent. Contrast ratio in HDR is great. Not as good as OLED of course, but it still generally manages deep blacks and bright highlights. The halo effect of the full array local dimming is definitely there, and does cause some obvious issues during certain scenes during films, but it's fairly hard to notice in SD content, only becomes obvious during HDR. E.g. if there are some fireflies flying against a black background, the localised backlight will try and brighten up the fireflies, but because they are far smaller than the actual zones, it ends up brightening up about a square inch around them. Obvious halo effect. And if the fireflies are densely packed, you and up with a large section of the screen where the black level is just way brighter than the rest of the screen. So that's a shame, but just an inherent flaw with the technology I guess. For the most part, it looks great. HDR gaming is just some next level awesomeness, it's like jumping 3 years into the future with better graphics. It feels far more of a graphical upgrade than going from a 1060 to say, a 1080Ti would ever give me. I toggled Assasins Creed Origins between HDR and SDR while playing at 4K (I got bad FPS obviously, but whatever), and the difference is insane. The game is gorgeously vibrant in HDR!

Some people would be horrified and dismayed at what I've just done.

Basically I've just smashed up my LG Android Smart Phone with a Claw Hammer after a full factory DATA reset and Wipe. Saved the Sim Card and SD Card and that thing got put out of use in one hard blow straight across the full screen.

Gone.

EDIT: Del my Google Account inc: all DATA and everything else.

Last edited:
but-why.gif

For a while now I have struggled to manage my finances correctly and budget proper . So I decided that having access to my online mobile banking was too easy and convenient when it come to temptation just to waist money.

I've down graded to an older Nokia and this phone I have now is just a brick of a cheap thing. The new technology that's available such as Mobile Banking and being able to shop online on my Android Smart Phone was seriously causing me problems.

Using 20GiB of DATA every month on a Smart Phone for the likes of you tube and online shopping and everything else that you use DATA for was just too tempting and causing me problems.

Yeah sure having access to my money is great but why do I need to become lazy in the process . Putting on average £30 or $40 PCM on my phone just for DATA and hammering 12GiB on average on two weeks is no fun. The technology makes people lazy with regards to a lot of things out side the scope of what I've been dealing with my self in regards to my own budgeting issues.

Mobile Banking is seriously convenient and probably a god send for a lot of people but on the flip side its problematic for people who don't have much money and in my case will power. :lol:

I'm trying to mix things up but mite end up getting another phone at some point running an up to date OS of the likes of Android but for now I seriously need to put some effort in too changing my habits.

I get no were next to what you gyes get for working in pro IT fields with some of you guys on this forum and need to start I guess at some point trying to be sensible.

I'm 32 and I cant save for **** and when Soul was telling the other day on this thread about a friend he called out on his BS I don't want to end up like that. I'm a guy who has made some mistakes but I refuse to bum off my family for say the next 20 or even 30 years. Life isn't like that.

I live alone and some of the people around me who I personally know and some I help my self even these people have no hope and I refuse to end up like that.

Say for example 35 and living at home and not paying rent if I was to go down that road. F that for a laugh. I need to start tackling this now.

If your concern is using data then just log into your bank to check your balance while you're at home on a home connection. Watch YT on your home connection.

My concern is how easy the tech makes it too spend money. I'm all about having a good and comfortable life but budgeting at least for the 99% of society is a non negotiable issue.

My point being yeah it will take will power to curve my spending but the temptation doesn't help with such easily and ready available access.

What I was getting at was being 32 I really do refuse to turn out a 45 year old bum who doesn't pay rent with family or friends if I was to end up in that situation. f that for a life.

My concern is how easy the tech makes it too spend money. I'm all about having a good and comfortable life but budgeting at least for the 99% of society is a non negotiable issue.

My point being yeah it will take will power to curve my spending but the temptation doesn't help with such easily and ready available access.

What I was getting at was being 32 I really do refuse to turn out a 45 year old bum who doesn't pay rent with family or friends if I was to end up in that situation. f that for a life.
Whether it's on your phone or on your PC it makes no difference. Online banking and shopping is one in the same. The data and whatnot just sounded like an excuse to me.

I always have my phone with me, don't always have my PC with me :grin: I get what he means re ease of access. I've started doing the same thing (sorta) by leaving my credit card at home so it only gets used for subscriptions/bills and then paid off straight away instead of being the usual purchase card

Today I've FINALLY finalized the solar details take #2, hit a hiccup when I realised the "wifi" inverter was ad-hoc only -_- swapped it for a slightly more expensive but properly connectable unit. System is being installed Thursday this week :D can't bloody wait to see how it looks tbh!

I always have my phone with me, don't always have my PC with me :grin: I get what he means re ease of access. I've started doing the same thing (sorta) by leaving my credit card at home so it only gets used for subscriptions/bills and then paid off straight away instead of being the usual purchase card

Today I've FINALLY finalized the solar details take #2, hit a hiccup when I realised the "wifi" inverter was ad-hoc only -_- swapped it for a slightly more expensive but properly connectable unit. System is being installed Thursday this week :D can't bloody wait to see how it looks tbh!

It'll look Solar Panelyish. I'm an expert, you can trust me.

It's NVIDIA day. So that means it's 2080Ti day. My body is ready. My bank finances have been abused to **** as of late, but idc. They can take more abuse when preorders go live :D

I don't like making purchases on my phone. Much harder to read reviews or do any kind of research on a product.

It'll look Solar Panelyish. I'm an expert, you can trust me.

It's NVIDIA day. So that means it's 2080Ti day. My body is ready. My bank finances have been abused to **** as of late, but idc. They can take more abuse when preorders go live :D
Ray tracing is going to be a gameworks feature. Think I might gamble waiting to see what the GTX side of things brings. Barely 1000 more cores, not much more in memory bandwidth, and the selling point appears to be tensor cores for a feature that will barely get used. Not only that, but eVGA has a 3 slot card showcased and FE stuff should be dual fan meaning this thing will run hot. Might get the crispy pass from me.

Back
Top Bottom