Potentially the longest thread in history...

This is the tl;dr of the past 2 weeks for me. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6121285/hay-fever-pollen-bomb-uk-weather-symptoms-worse/

****ing misery. We had a really long winter that lasted right into the end of april and may, causing all the plants to flower and puke pollen everywhere at once.

I am running prescription strength 180Mg Fexofenadine antihistamine, but still the symptoms are moderate to strong. Without it though, I am pretty much debilitated completely to the point I cant drive or work. Atleast with the Telfast I can work and drive, but it's still a bit ****. God damn I hate hayfever, and this year is the worst ever.

Got approved to go to the AWS Summit in Chicago
https://aws.amazon.com/summits/chicago/

Anyone over here going?

Idk anything about AWS, coding, scripting, hoping this will be good for beginners.
My new CTO is all in on AWS and hired a bunch of guys who work with it and wants me to eventually work with that team.
Looks like AWS is the new fancy thing out there

This is the tl;dr of the past 2 weeks for me. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6121285/hay-fever-pollen-bomb-uk-weather-symptoms-worse/

****ing misery. We had a really long winter that lasted right into the end of april and may, causing all the plants to flower and puke pollen everywhere at once.

I am running prescription strength 180Mg Fexofenadine antihistamine, but still the symptoms are moderate to strong. Without it though, I am pretty much debilitated completely to the point I cant drive or work. Atleast with the Telfast I can work and drive, but it's still a bit ****. God damn I hate hayfever, and this year is the worst ever.

That's insane; 180mg is the max that the NHS will usually give someone.

Some years the wind blows from the east over the farms and the pollen is so thick over the city that you can literally see it on the breeze :p for those of us with retarded immune systems that think flower jizz is dangerous it's hell.

BUT. I did discover that a fexo 180 combined with a nasal spray is a godsend.

I dunno whatchoo talkin bout :p I take 1 every 4-6 hours in spring

Some years the wind blows from the east over the farms and the pollen is so thick over the city that you can literally see it on the breeze :p for those of us with retarded immune systems that think flower jizz is dangerous it's hell.

BUT. I did discover that a fexo 180 combined with a nasal spray is a godsend.

I dunno whatchoo talkin bout :p I take 1 every 4-6 hours in spring

Hmm interesting. It says take every 24 hours, but I find they only last 1/3 of that at an absolute stretch. I try and not take more than 1 every 12 hours, but I want to. You find them okay taking them every 6 hours ? I might have to give it a go. Not tried with the nasal spray either, so will give that a whirl. Tell me now if you were exagerating so I don't go an overdose and die :D

I honestly feel like I need a 500mg Fexofenadine tablet to control my symptoms.

Yep. I just ordered them online. Cba with doctors or any of that jazz.

Last edited:
Hmm interesting. It says take every 24 hours, but I find they only last 1/3 of that at an absolute stretch. I try and not take more than 1 every 12 hours, but I want to. You find them okay taking them every 6 hours ? I might have to give it a go. Not tried with the nasal spray either, so will give that a whirl. Tell me now if you were exagerating so I don't go an overdose and die :D

Ok maybe not 4 hours, but yes every 6 absolutely. FWIW you don't even need a prescription for them here, I just walk up to the chemist counter and ask for a box or two. Normal days 1 is enough, but for high pollen count days around here it's one in the morning before I leave for work, then one at lunch to get me through the rest of the day lol. Seems like they sorta stack when you have them that close together too so you shouldn't need more than 2 for the day really. Can't say I noticed any side effefjfrefalksdnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Back
Top Bottom