Potentially the longest thread in history...

Not in the USA either, pretty much all police departments and emergency services have switched to digital systems that are encrypted.

You can still get codes to program digital scanners and listen to police/fire/ems traffic, but police also have scramblers that they can turn on to encrypt / scramble the communication.

Can see if anybody in your area has a scanner that they're making available online as well:
https://www.broadcastify.com/

You have a reason to use one? Think that's the first question you should ask yourself.

I was interested from a hobbyist pov, I'd love too have a go and try one or the whole thing out too some extent but when doing some online research I found that simply put CB Radios are not simple in any respect when you have the bigger field and area of Radio Communication.

I know squat about them but wouldn't mind learning and maybe having a go too see whose out their. Maybe a general chit chat if that's what they are used for.

Would be pretty sweet talking too someone in the EU from my house on CB Radio.

You can still get codes to program digital scanners and listen to police/fire/ems traffic, but police also have scramblers that they can turn on to encrypt / scramble the communication.

Can see if anybody in your area has a scanner that they're making available online as well:
https://www.broadcastify.com/

My immediate area, about all you can listen to is fire and public safety stuff, nothing juicy. xD LOL

Police are scrambled one way, can listen to half of whats going on, that's about it. Enough to peak your interest, not enough to know anything.

Past few weeks I've been gaming less and less. Friends aren't too happy but I'm slowly dropping gaming and it's doing some good. Will probably start selling off things after a few months too. Think I'm going to take up another hobby like I did with PCs but not sure what I want to do yet.

Past few weeks I've been gaming less and less. Friends aren't too happy but I'm slowly dropping gaming and it's doing some good. Will probably start selling off things after a few months too. Think I'm going to take up another hobby like I did with PCs but not sure what I want to do yet.

That's easy, motorbikes

Pretty much same thing happened with me - haven't really played anything in several months; couple friends were wondering where the heck I went. Just haven't been as interested as I was.

That's easy, motorbikes
If I had land to ride a dirt bike I would, but I refuse to ride on these streets.

Pretty much same thing happened with me - haven't really played anything in several months; couple friends were wondering where the heck I went. Just haven't been as interested as I was.
I've been having a lot of "self awareness" moments the past month or so. Something as somebody not particularly young should have done a while back, at least before I bought my house. Fixing a lot of problems and mistakes. Realized a lot of errors I was making in parenting, had a loooong talk with my gf on the couch (about 4 hours) presenting our errors, the consequences of them, and how to fix the damage we've done. Bunch of stuff like that.
Few weeks ago I decided to take a full stop break from gaming. Didn't even turn my PC on for a full week. Realized I was getting extremely frustrated with anything I was doing in games, had very little to 0 interest in actually playing, and just generally only doing it because "it was the norm". Noticed myself actually relaxing more and it was nice. Instead of sitting down to watch TV while eating and quickly moving back to my PC when I'm done I'd sit there for a couple of hours lounging on the couch without thinking "I could be playing a game right now instead or fixing a PC issue". Instead of blankly staring at a screen wondering what to do for hours I was doing other stuff getting things done. That week I bought a bike and went outside. Started picking my music back up. After that week I decided it would be for the better to just set it aside and slowly drop it. Have a relationship with my children etc.

Back
Top Bottom