Potentially the longest thread in history...

Trialed GoPro's "quik" editing software, I don't think I'll be using it going forward :p but I loved taking the gopro out, I'll need to get me a head strap though, only had a chest rig which made not filming only the ground very difficult :/

https://youtu.be/DOJU3aON5Bc

Gonna be good when the weather is better I think :D water wasn't too clear this time

And so with that, I ordered a new car this morning :D Audi A4 1.4TFSI S-Line :D I got a great deal for once, unlikely my last car where I got shafted. Will be saving £200 a month with the new car over my current one, even though it's nicer than my current one - result!

I coulda bought a used, cheap car and got a house faster. But tbph I would've hated it, I really love my cars and motorbikes :p

My car cost me $800 total (460gbp), $850 with the sub/amp put in. Gets over 300km per tank and costs ~$36 to fill from empty to full. I *would* like for it to look less like a junk heap, but I'm not willing to pay hundreds of dollars a month just for a shiny outside :p

One upside is I don't care what happens to my car, paint is ****ed and metal is dented already so it can't get any worse :lol:

Trialed GoPro's "quik" editing software, I don't think I'll be using it going forward :p but I loved taking the gopro out, I'll need to get me a head strap though, only had a chest rig which made not filming only the ground very difficult :/

https://youtu.be/DOJU3aON5Bc

Gonna be good when the weather is better I think :D water wasn't too clear this time

My car cost me $800 total (460gbp), $850 with the sub/amp put in. Gets over 300km per tank and costs ~$36 to fill from empty to full. I *would* like for it to look less like a junk heap, but I'm not willing to pay hundreds of dollars a month just for a shiny outside :p

One upside is I don't care what happens to my car, paint is ****ed and metal is dented already so it can't get any worse :lol:

Ha, yeah I had an old piece of **** car for my first car. It was okay as a first car, but as soon as I started spending 2 hours a day in my car, I really started to hate the damn thing. No air conditioning, the window steamed up easily, I couldn't connect my phone to it, it had awful ride quality, uncomfortable, loud, slow as hell, felt really unstable at highway speed... Each to their own really, a lot of people don't care enough to spend much money on their car. Me personally I care about my car a lot and love having something nice to drive, it is worth the expense to me. A nice house however I don't care about. To be honest it would be nice if I didn't care about cars because it would save me a bunch of dollarydoos.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be a POS, usually just look like one lol. Aircon in mine is fine even when it's 40c, hits 140km/hr with 4 passengers, did have to install a head unit from alibaba to get bluetooth/usb/aux/touchscreen but that was like $70. Drop her into 2nd and she's got some grunt too :p getting a little too addicted with beating the person next to me at lights

I do need to replace the seats with some nice cushiony leathery ones tho, current ones are standard 90's style and not that comfy :p plus get the windows tinted to help keep the heat out

The choice for me is paying someone to borrow their (admittedly extremely nice) car, or paying to own an increasing percentage of a property, that I also get to live on/rent out as a bonus.

Last edited:
Ha, yeah I had an old piece of **** car for my first car. It was okay as a first car, but as soon as I started spending 2 hours a day in my car, I really started to hate the damn thing. No air conditioning, the window steamed up easily, I couldn't connect my phone to it, it had awful ride quality, uncomfortable, loud, slow as hell, felt really unstable at highway speed... Each to their own really, a lot of people don't care enough to spend much money on their car. Me personally I care about my car a lot and love having something nice to drive, it is worth the expense to me. A nice house however I don't care about. To be honest it would be nice if I didn't care about cars because it would save me a bunch of dollarydoos.

A nice car doesn't have to be expensive. I drive a Kia Soul which is definitely on the low end of the cost spectrum. It's nice, drives smooth, has the bells and whistles, and is cheap. Sure it is no Mustang or Camaro but it gets me there and has a lot more room than either of them.

My girlfriend has a 2015 Prius C. Cost her $20k and has all the bells and whistles too, minus like.. a sunroof. 0 percent interest as well. Really, really nice car. Plus, she gets almost 70 miles per gallon. I only get like 35 :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom