Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'm all bout dat layer 1 :cool: :p

Today I tried grating chilli (hot peppers to you guys? :S) instead of chopping it. Seeds get crushed a bit and release a lot of oil, so turns out it's both extra spicy and hangs around on your fingers for a few hours no matter how much soap you used -_x

Last edited:
Followed Thomas Kellers recipe for deep fried chicken. OH BOY OH BOY.

Well I did a couple things different: 2x as much salt and herbs/spices because I like a strong seasoned taste. I also added the herbs and salt to the buttermilk. Thomas also doesn't mention resting the chicken in the buttermilk after the brine, but I did this for several hours. I also double dipped the chicken in the flour dredge and the butter milk, and left for 15 minutes before frying (gives time for it to bond to the chicken).

The brine is awesome. Basically a lemony, herby water with a bunch of salt. It gives the chicken a super moist texture. The coating was absolutely amazing, it had a great flavour, it was crispy, and it stayed attached to the chicken during eating.

11/10 would highly reccomend.

I only make fried chicken on rare occassions, because it's such a pita dealing with the oil and cleaning it all up after. Not to mention the house smells of grease.

I made about 20 pieces, these were just the first few :p

LmQVPvJ.jpg

When it comes too Christmas, what do you gyes normally ask for when family ask what you want.

I normally say deodorants and toiletry's. Like seriously it saves me a fortune all year around. No joke. If I get 4 or 5 gift sets with the likes of Antiperspirant, Deodorants, then aftershaves separate with gels and shower \ bath stuff again separate I reckon it must save me a good £300 too £350 per year.

Think about it. If a bottle of good aftershave is say £60 too £80 and I get two or three + Gift Sets separately with Antiperspirant and Bath Gels and Shaving Sets; + anything else that they by along those sorts of line. Save a **** ton of money. :p ..

Last edited:
I ask for hand made items from the things they're good at doing. Like my sister likes to doodle and does drawings and such. My mom can knit and crochet. I cherish every single thing my mom makes me. Beanies, blankets, scarfs, etc.

I asked for 1 present that everyone can chip in $5-$10 for. We've got ~15 people in the immediate family who all have to get eachother presents, so works out well!
https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/products/fiio-f9-hybrid-in-ear-monitors

Can't wait till they get here :D

Gonna give that one a shot tomorrow :p looks good

Personally I reccomend thin strips of chicken breast, 3 or 4 inches long by a half to an inch thick tops. Otherwise the meat takes too long to cook, and the coating gets overly brown and overdone. But that's just me :p

So my son's real mother is here for his birthday party today. My kid, who just turned 6 mind you, grabbed her wig out of her bag and was running around screaming this is fake news. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

So my son's real mother is here for his birthday party today. My kid, who just turned 6 mind you, grabbed her wig out of her bag and was running around screaming this is fake news. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

I hope you got a recording.

Back
Top Bottom