Potentially the longest thread in history...

Calories does vary from person to person in terms of how quickly they burn them off and how many they need each day to sustain weight and so on. But it's not like Dave who is 5ft 2 can eat 10,000 calories a day and remain the same weight mean while some other guy who is 350lbs and 7ft tall can only eat 1000 calories while maintaining weight. There are no real extreme outliers on the scale unless you literally have some weird rare disease. Most adult males of normal sizes are going to fall within that 2000 to 3000 calorie bracket, with the odd rarity either side, maybe 1800 to 3500 calories at the extreme ends of the scale.
Start doing the math at my intake, you'd rethink that statement. Yesterday I woke up and had a large glass of Simply Orange orange juice, 160 calories, got to work and opened a 20oz bottle of DP while eating a king size Kit Kat, 409 calories for the candy. In between 3 and 4 had a Ritz Cracker pack, 200. For lunch I had The Box Combo at Raising Cane's, 1218 calories with another DP. Between 8 and 10 had another cracker pack and cracked open another DP, 200 for snack. Left work at midnight, came home and opened up a beer. I have a lot of Bud Light 12oz cans left over from the LAN party and I had 4 last night. That's 440 calories. Add the 3 DP's which is 750 calories. 3,377 calories and I eat like this daily. I don't retain energy because I don't eat before bed though and piss away what I drink. Course we already went over that. I typically eat home made meals for Monday-Thursday, fast food Friday and Saturday, and Firehouse Subs (same sub, 1100 calories + DP). According to daily averages, charts, doctors, I should be fat. I'm not, rather nowhere near it. There are also vegetarians/vegans that I know that eat well below the average daily calorie intake and theoretically should be deathly skinny and ill, they're not. They're just numbers, a guideline to go by but not concrete. It's why I directly related that to processor speed compared to GHz numbers because the close comparison is uncanny.

Start doing the math at my intake, you'd rethink that statement. Yesterday I woke up and had a large glass of Simply Orange orange juice, 160 calories, got to work and opened a 20oz bottle of DP while eating a king size Kit Kat, 409 calories for the candy. In between 3 and 4 had a Ritz Cracker pack, 200. For lunch I had The Box Combo at Raising Cane's, 1218 calories with another DP. Between 8 and 10 had another cracker pack and cracked open another DP, 200 for snack. Left work at midnight, came home and opened up a beer. I have a lot of Bud Light 12oz cans left over from the LAN party and I had 4 last night. That's 440 calories. Add the 3 DP's which is 750 calories. 3,377 calories and I eat like this daily. I don't retain energy because I don't eat before bed though and piss away what I drink. Course we already went over that. I typically eat home made meals for Monday-Thursday, fast food Friday and Saturday, and Firehouse Subs (same sub, 1100 calories + DP). According to daily averages, charts, doctors, I should be fat. I'm not, rather nowhere near it. There are also vegetarians/vegans that I know that eat well below the average daily calorie intake and theoretically should be deathly skinny and ill, they're not. They're just numbers, a guideline to go by but not concrete. It's why I directly related that to processor speed compared to GHz numbers because the close comparison is uncanny.

See my point about having a disease... :lol:

I don't know anyone else who can eat like that and stay at 150lbs. I eat a similar amount of calories and maintain my weight, but i'm 230lbs and 6' 3".

I'm not saying your lieing or anything, i'm sure you're not, but it's extremely unusual.

Either way, whether it is making you fat or not, eating like that is wholly unhealthy and it's still going to significantly reduce your health span. But then you're not stupid and i'm sure you know that. I eat terrible too knowing how bad it is, but whatever, I don't care. Far more likely to fall off my bike and die before any eating related disease gets me lol.

On that topic, off to domino's to pick up a large pizza :lol:

See my point about having a disease... :lol:

I don't know anyone else who can eat like that and stay at 150lbs. I eat a similar amount of calories and maintain my weight, but i'm 230lbs and 6' 3".

I'm not saying your lieing or anything, i'm sure you're not, but it's extremely unusual.

Either way, whether it is making you fat or not, eating like that is wholly unhealthy and it's still going to significantly reduce your health span. But then you're not stupid and i'm sure you know that. I eat terrible too knowing how bad it is, but whatever, I don't care. Far more likely to fall off my bike and die before any eating related disease gets me lol.

On that topic, off to domino's to pick up a large pizza :lol:
Because everybody's different man. Each body has different tolerances in each way for each part of the body. You can see dudes shoving *****s down their dick holes and not have a single problem that we know of, that's not normal but they can. I can eat like a horse and maintain weight, I know others that can too and are actually skinnier than I am. I know a girl that I call a toothpick. She's shorter than me, significantly smaller than me (body frame wise), and eats easily 2x more than I do. Then again there are some people who can eat half what I do and still can't manage to lose weight. There are people who can tolerate pain more than others, and on and on. It's all the same, and why I say it's just a number. Is it unhealthy? Of course it is, but like you said I don't care lol. I don't exactly eat terrible **** though, at least not all the time. The calories only make it seem like I do, and the majority of that is Dr Pepper. Once I get my surgical implants in my mouth I'm dropping soda. Which if things going relatively to plan should be next year. Now if you want to raise a serious eyebrow, you should see what my gf does. She eats like I do and it is very visible she's gaining weight. Not only that but she puts mounds of salt on everything, which I actually am concerned about. That killed my dad.

Ah, cool. Didn't realise you are learning to ride. It's great ! Have you picked yourself up a bike yet ?

Mentioned in a previous post why I finally decided to get my license.

Nope, no bike yet - wanted to make sure I passed the course. And I did today, officially - so yay. Now I just have to take the waiver card down to the driver license exam place, show them, then pay the $20 to get a replacement license basically so I can get the bike endorsement on it.

Been looking at used bikes in the area on Craigslist and FB - found a Yamaha FZ6 for pretty cheap. Pretty vague on details tho, so I'll have to contact the guy. Didn't give a year or mileage...but looks like an 05. And probably has a decent number of miles on it since it's so cheap - but looks like it's in really good condition according to the pics. Only thing I'm nervous about is its a 600cc bike, and we learned on 250cc bikes lol.

Mentioned in a previous post why I finally decided to get my license.

Nope, no bike yet - wanted to make sure I passed the course. And I did today, officially - so yay. Now I just have to take the waiver card down to the driver license exam place, show them, then pay the $20 to get a replacement license basically so I can get the bike endorsement on it.

Been looking at used bikes in the area on Craigslist and FB - found a Yamaha FZ6 for pretty cheap. Pretty vague on details tho, so I'll have to contact the guy. Didn't give a year or mileage...but looks like an 05. And probably has a decent number of miles on it since it's so cheap - but looks like it's in really good condition according to the pics. Only thing I'm nervous about is its a 600cc bike, and we learned on 250cc bikes lol.

Awesome! congrats.

If I was going to give advice i'd say try and find a bike with ABS if you can. Braking without ABS is fine normally, the problem comes when you have to brake in an emergency. Can you hold your composure and progressively but firmly squeeze the brake ? most riders can't, because you just panic. You just grab the brakes as hard as possible, if you do that on a bike without ABS you will lock up the wheels and might low side the bike, which is bad. But obviously bikes without ABS have been around for decades and people were fine. But personally I wouldn't do it if I could afford it. But if ABS bikes were out of my budget, i'd still get a non ABS one rather than none at all lol.

Also, the FZ6 is a 600cc engine off a Yamaha R6 sports bike. 600cc engines are great fun, but they're really peaky. Below 6000 RPM they're pretty docile and predictable, above 6000 they're like a slingshot and they'll fling you down the roads at stupid speeds. The Fj6 is 30hp detuned off a typical 600cc sports bike engine, so it shouldn't be quite as bad as a typical 600cc sports bike, but I would still be careful. They're just not very predictable as an engine, e.g. you could accidentally downshift too far and drop it nicely into the 8k rpm power band and have way more power than you were expecting. Make no mistake, 90hp in a 180kg bike is going to get you to 60mph in under 4 seconds with good shifting. They're no joke. Be careful and you will be fine, though.

I picked up an Suzuki SV650, it's a 650cc. The 650cc engines are way more linear in their power delivery with no "surprise !", and are typically 70ish horsepower. They're more new-rider friendly, because you don't suddenly hit the power band and get shot down the road. It's linear and predictable from idle right to redline. They're still plenty quick to have fun, you can get up to 100mph in no time at all.

Last edited:
You'll be 100% fine on a 600cc bike. I've ridden everything between an 80cc when I was really young to a 650cc in high school. Sure there's a difference in sheer power, but don't gun the throttle and you'll be fine :lol:

You'll be 100% fine on a 600cc bike. I've ridden everything between an 80cc when I was really young to a 650cc in high school. Sure there's a difference in sheer power, but don't gun the throttle and you'll be fine :lol:

Did you actually try a 600? V diff to a 650. They're fine if everything goes well, it's just if you do something wrong. 600 is not forgiving in that respect, it will burn you if you **** up.

I've owned a little Honda 80cc bike, YZ-125, YZ-250, WR-250, WR-400, XR-600, and an XR-650. Yes. :tongue: I rode for nearly 15 years. I raced (YZ-125 and YZ-250). I broke bones, skinned myself up, then I quit.

Back
Top Bottom