Potentially the longest thread in history...

SpaceX is very liberal with spending in IT. I've probably spent 1-2 million dollars in the last year.
Probably why they're so successful.

On what ?

I'm obviously a huge PC fan and tech guy, but if I were running a company, I wouldn't take the piss. I'm not giving some office admin person who works out of Excel and Outlook thousands of dollars worth of screens and a top end PC. You get a couple of 24" TN panel monitor, and a standard spec desktop PC. At the same time if you're obviously a power user who is genuinely going to work faster and more productively with three 4K monitors, then I wouldn't have a problem with that either.
I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what they're doing. Lockheed on the other hand when a power user gets something it's typically quite underpowered because the ITRAs have absolutely no idea wtf they're doing.

In current tech they're sacrificing FPS for resolution, or vice versa. So to have 8k or 2x4k sounds all nice but that would prob be 30fps... intolerable for VR, would make me nauseous

In a perfect world I would love to see 500 fps at 8k each eye (2x8k)... now thats some tech I can get behind ;)
Honestly the sweet spot is between 120 and 200. More around 165ish. I'd say 4k per eye would be easy enough in the next gen of cards or two.

Ahh maaaaan, rant time. Our ****ing GM. We're getting spam through one of our services and are working to resolve it with the 3rd party company that runs it. Her instructions verbatim are:

"I want you to call them again and again and again until you get a response, do not just leave it till the end of the day. Be very pushy, this has taken far too long"

The team we call just read us updates from the support portal that we already have access.
The whole IT team has explained that to her multiple times, she still comes back with more of the same drivel. Stop taking no for an answer, if I rang them it'd be resolved already, blahblahblahblabhalblah.

Friggin control freak who has no idea what she's talking about to boot -_- does my head in. And because she essentially is the "vice CEO" so to speak, we have to kiss her *** and sugar coat any response we give her. What a ****ing ****.

More than just Tuesday for me..that's for sure. Whole past month has been nothing but a downward spiral.

What's the cause?

Looool.

Just read about a British criminology student who made false accusations that a taxi driver raped her because he refused to take some dodgy £10 note she was trying to pay with.

Police proved she was lieing, and she got sentence to 16 months in prison. Rekt. It's even sweeter because she looks like some prim and proper middle class girl who normally cries over a broken nail. And now she's going to prison... classic :lol:

Looool.

Just read about a British criminology student who made false accusations that a taxi driver raped her because he refused to take some dodgy £10 note she was trying to pay with.

Police proved she was lieing, and she got sentence to 16 months in prison. Rekt. It's even sweeter because she looks like some prim and proper middle class girl who normally cries over a broken nail. And now she's going to prison... classic :lol:

crazy how she gets 16 months
but the guy that actually raped a girl over here got off within like 3 months I think...

Law pisses me off sometimes, i feel like if you have money and a good lawyer, you can get away with a lot.

Back
Top Bottom