Potentially the longest thread in history...

You needed a college course to see through PR snake oil?

No but showed all of the subtleties. **** I never really cared to pay attention to before because I tuned ads / commercials out anyway. Now if I see one, I just end up analyzing it instead of looking at the content.

I've learned a ton about advertising/customer service working for my current company, the boss is *very* much oriented that way. Obviously some stuff is obvious, but not everything was, at least for me :p sales tactics can be pretty sneaky

Today I've started work on making a custom bunch of watch winders for the boss. Literally all they are is a motor with some step down gearing connected to a circuit that periodically turns the motor on/off and changes the direction. Price for each of those is $700 :O nearly shat myself when I found out. The parts cost less than $20 for each one. 3400% markup. So I'm only going to mark mine up 1000% :p

Been checking out the forums ever day as a guest but had nothing to really say on anything really.

Then it crossed my mind how much I've been drinking lately and man alcohol is good for sleep. Never really been a drinker but fruit cider like blackcurrant tastes amazing.

To be honest I've even lost interest in the network I have at home. Just completely shut everything down.

I prefer Nvidia anyway but at least if they had genuine competition it might spur Nvidia on even more than they currently are.

Do you know if we can still expect the high end Volta cards in H1 2018 ?
Yea we should, probably June again.There hasn't been much being said but we might see a Pascal refresh before then. Volta has to be 100% complete before December of this year so it has to come in some form.

Got sick of Chrome. Keep running into crashes/bugs, so made the jump to Firefox. The only reason I used Chrome was Chrome Sync, which isn't much use to me any more. Also probably a good idea from a privacy perspective.

Back
Top Bottom