Potentially the longest thread in history...

Was just browsing about destiny 2 and saw this on amazon:
w98.png

Looks like you an run it on Windows 98 :p

Yesterday my younger bro tweaked his spine jumping down from a ledge, so I got to spend most of sunday in the hospital getting him checked out. Just a strain in the end luckily, took an xray and ct scan and 7 hours to find that out :/ just glad it didn't cost anything

I very rarely talk to people and when you mention your Aunt is making jokes about such things IMO from experience its because their is very little to talk about.

Damn son, you're probably right :( I'm just put off making any effort for her because she's the kind of person who takes advantage of people for her own benefit. Has done her whole life :/ she's going in for a knee op soon and she's planning to make her 78yo widowed mother take care of her fat *** while she recovers. I feel bad for how her life has ended up, but she isn't changing at all and doesn't look like she wants to.

On the other hand, her health is bad and she's (going to) inherit a few hundred thousand from her deceased father's estate when it settles. Soooo :p hmmmmm

Last edited:
Lol - this was what I always suspected. But it's nice to see someone with real credible industry experience admit the same.

David Buik MBE told Westmonster that Michel Barnier and Emmanuel Macron are “arrogance personified” and that they are barking up the wrong tree if they think they can hurt Britain after Brexit.

But he did say Theresa May made a “right royal mess” of the General Election and that political instability has weakened Britain in the short term.

He said: “There's no doubt big companies like Goldman Sachs are making provisions abroad, setting up offices for a few hundred staff. But the fact remains the infrastructure in Britain, which took around 80 years to build, can't be replaced by a Micky Mouse set-up in Frankfurt or France.

“Already Macron is losing support and he'll have massive problems with the unions. We'll retain at least 80% of the City – it'll be a dent but not massive damage and in 10 years time we'll be miles better off. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. It'd be too expensive to move people out of London to other countries. Can you imagine being 42, with a wife and 3 kids, a house, and then going home and saying “we're moving abroad, learn a new language quickly”? Sorry, no.

“The EU is arrogance personified, I don't know who on earth they think they are. Macron and Barnier as well – the French lot are arrogant. If they decide to be confrontational and tell us to ‘sling your hook' then be my guest. That 11% Britain provides to the EU economy – you're telling me Mercedes, Deutsche Bank or Siemens won't be affected by it? Come off it.

“Like I said, in 10 years time we'll be miles better off.”

Just as economic scare stories warning of a Leave vote recession turned out to be total baloney, any long-term dent in Britain post-Brexit seems to be sadly wishful thinking on the part of diehard Remoaners. In fact, the opportunities for an independent Britain are likely to be huge.

Wire transfer finally came through from my US shares, ended up getting 2442 back from my initial 1600 investment. 47% return all up, could've done a lot better but could also have done a lot worse :grin:

Lol - this was what I always suspected. But it's nice to see someone with real credible industry experience admit the same.

The way you say "admit" makes it sound like Buik hasn't been pro brexit from the start :p add that backstory in and what a surprise we have: a brexit pundit throwing ad hominem attacks at an entire country with nothing real to add. I'd say the same for a pro-brexiter pushing the same drivel, they're all talking out their *** as far as I'm concerned lol

edit: Just realised you were probably referencing the one line about May :p in which case yeah, fully agreed. Oops :p

Back
Top Bottom