Potentially the longest thread in history...

Ordered gigabit for the new flat, the engineer will arrive the day I move in. Fantastic company, HyperOptic. Slightly worried about my reference check for the flat, though, as I'm not properly sorted out as being a sub-tenant at my current place.

Last edited:
Last night was a pretty fun one, bought some pork ribs and had a sneaky cook up at 9pm after the kids had gone to bed :p
Put the ribs on to cook in the pressure cooker, started a nice fire out back, then when it burned down to coals I threw a grate over the top and finished the ribs off on that, served with a fresh loaf of bread and a 6 pack. Gentle rain the whole time, sitting undercover playing tunes and munching ribs, cannot ****ing beat it. So simple, but incredibly satisfying. 10/10

Also, I am in loooooooooove with this pressure cooker. Fall-off-the-bone ribs in under 25 mins? Yes please :grin:
Only downside is now that I know I can cook the ribs so quickly/easily, I'm gonna blow my groceries budget buying ribs 3 times a week :p

Went to a company party this weekend.
They were pouring some kind of shot down the "fuel transfer tube" :tongue:
1Z6ds4B.jpg

Ah, nothing like driving five and a half hours to push the power button. Seriously.

Most of our stores are set up with a NAS for Acronis backups. If the server is unable to communicate with the NAS is sends an email to our support folks who are supposed to call the store and try to walk them through making sure the NAS is turned on and connected; failing this a tech (like me) is dispatched to troubleshoot and get the NAS back online.

The server sent the email on Thursday the 18th. Support called the store on the 19th but the store was busy (lunch rush) and the only manager available was the only one there and could not leave the front to go trace it down right then. So instead of trying to call the store back or asking the store to call support once it calmed down support had it dispatched for Monday service. Which means that, a) no one wanted to bother with actually trying because it was Friday, and b) the store was vulnerable should the server had crashed between Thursday and Monday.

Anyway, when I finally get there the manager on duty tells me she found the box that support was asking about but didn't know what she was supposed to do about it. She leads me into the stock room and points up. The NAS is on top of the network box mounted on the wall, about 10 feet up in the air. Yay, I just hate ladders, but I climb up and se that the NAS is powered off. I push the button, the light comes on, I call support and they verify that the NAS is up and good to go. Great. And then I drive back home. A 13 hour day to turn on a NAS.

Pretty silly lol, at least you get paid overtime hey? Hope you at least told the manager that they're an idiot and to at least try pressing the power button next time :p seriously...how much did their incompetence cost the company, let alone the risk factor? Smh

Eh, feel free to explain. :confused:

I have lots of bros/sisters. Only 3 of them are 15 or below now though, so I guess it's not too bad.
In the end most of the little ******** caught whiff of the ribs cooking anyway and came down to steal some :( :p I don't begrudge em really

Last night was a pretty fun one, bought some pork ribs and had a sneaky cook up at 9pm after the kids had gone to bed :p
Put the ribs on to cook in the pressure cooker, started a nice fire out back, then when it burned down to coals I threw a grate over the top and finished the ribs off on that, served with a fresh loaf of bread and a 6 pack. Gentle rain the whole time, sitting undercover playing tunes and munching ribs, cannot ****ing beat it. So simple, but incredibly satisfying. 10/10

Also, I am in loooooooooove with this pressure cooker. Fall-off-the-bone ribs in under 25 mins? Yes please :grin:
Only downside is now that I know I can cook the ribs so quickly/easily, I'm gonna blow my groceries budget buying ribs 3 times a week :p

Ribs in 25 minutes ?

*heads to Amazon for pressure cooker*

Got in very minor trouble at work for using the exhibit store as a personal locker :p My branch of forensics has no physical exhibits (except for the occasional USB stick used to deliver large quantities of data), so I use my shelf to store **** that I would've kept in my desk to keep my desk as clear as possible. We do also have personal lockers but that involves walking down a floor rather than the 5 metres to the exhibit store.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom